Any get togethers in the Launceston area of Tasmania

Guest PommieLady

Guest janjan

Hi Pommielady

We are currently in Brisbane area in Queensland but are coming to Tasmania on the 12th Jan for a week for a recce. We love Australia but haven't decided where to settle, I have always liked the sound of Tassie. My husband may have a job interview in Launceston while we are there. I would be very interested in anything you could tell me about where you live. We have two children aged 11 and 6 and my husband works in engineering.

Cheers Jan...............Happy New Year

Guest PommieLady

Hi

Tasmania is a lovely place, its beautiful, has a sense of history, the people are warm and friendly and there is a real sense of community, there is fab wine (most of it doesn't get of the island as we drink it all :laugh:) and great food (seems to be less fast food and obese people). There's very little traffic, people think you're mad if you live out of the city and have no real concept of commuting, unless its to the mainland.

When I watch midsummers murders it always reminds me of here, without the murders of course (the crime rate is very low here).

If you have any specific questions send me a PM.

:wubclub:

• 2 months later...
Guest tinaintas

Hi Pommielady,

Me and my partner are from the Uk, currently living in Trevallyn, Launceston. Would be lovely to hear from you and meet up perhaps.

Send PM or reply here.

Cheers

Tina & Andy

• 1 year later...
Would love to get to know any other poms living in the area.

:hug:

Hi pommielady

Me, my fiance and our 2 year old daughter have recently moved here from the UK, been here 6 weeks and loving every minute of it!!

I know this message is very old but would love to meet up?

Thanks

Jaime-Leigh, James and Shona

Guest siamsusie
Hi pommielady

Me, my fiance and our 2 year old daughter have recently moved here from the UK, been here 6 weeks and loving every minute of it!!

I know this message is very old but would love to meet up?

Thanks

Jaime-Leigh, James and Shona

Hi Jamie,

Pommie Lady has moved onto the main land now.. Hope you are well :hug:

Susie x

Guest siamsusie
Thanks Susie

Thought it was a bit of a long shot :smile:

Jaime x

Jamie, there is a bit more Launceston activity these days, maybe we could arrange something one of these days.

:hug:Susie x

Jamie, there is a bit more Launceston activity these days, maybe we could arrange something one of these days.

:hug:Susie x

Yea that would be great!

Would definitely be up for that :)

Jaimex

Archived