calling all midlanders, fancy meeting up?

Guest paul n kath

Guest paul n kath

Hi all,

Happy new years. Hope you don't mind I thought I would start another thread as " anyone in brum thinking of migrating" was getting abit long.

Reading all your posts it sounds like there are quite a few of us trying to make them move. So another meet would be great to say hi and put faces to names.

We are Paul, Kath, Sam, Jake and Finney and we live in Kings Norton.

So can I start the ball rolling by suggesting Sunday 1st Feb ? We would like to bring the kids so somewhere child friendly would be great, can't think of anywhere but will have a look for somewhere central any suggestions gratefully recieved.

looking forward to meeting you all Kath xxx

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wayniexagt

ok dare say your looking early afternoon 1pm ish . i work on the door at the living room broad street. very central and sunduy after noons nice n quiet and kid friendly as long as they dont order cocktails !!!. hows that . im hall green by the way

Guest paul n kath

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for that, have been up broad street a few timesnot sure if I know where you're on about tho, sounds ok to me, unless anyone else has any other ideas..

What about the date, how does the 1st feb sound.

Cheers Kath,

well we are likely to have set sail by then - it's all a bit frantic at the moment with packing up the house and trying to say goodbye to the world and his dog. at last got bob to make a start.

good luck on the meet

cath

Guest paul n kath
well we are likely to have set sail by then - it's all a bit frantic at the moment with packing up the house and trying to say goodbye to the world and his dog. at last got bob to make a start.

good luck on the meet

cath

thanks for your reply, good luck with the move, keep in touch and let us know how it goes.

Kath xs

Guest paul n kath

:smile:ok so just thinking, do we want do day time meet with hopefully plenty for kids too do, ideas on places please or and evening meet so adults can chill and relax and get time to chat to others, again ideas on place please, wayne has suggested the living romm on broad street, we have suggest 1st feb, which is good for meet with kids, but 30th or 31st suitable for adults meet.

either way we are good...

Guest Midlanders

Hi Guys

I would prefer the sunday day meeting as i really dont like bham on an evening and the living room gets very noisy and crowed on a evenings with youngers and load music, so I dont think it will the right environment for our meet up and get to know each other as we're not going to be able to hear what everyone is saying.

I've spoke to a few other midlands yesterday and told them about the meet up and they are also for it.

Guest wayniexagt

sundy afternoons the place is virtually deserted. its just inbetween the hyatt hotel and lloyds. just a door way . take the lift upto the second floor .

Guest paul n kath

Hi all,

Thanks fr the suggestion wayne but I think it would be best if we went somewhere that has some entertainment for the lil uns, I know for one my youngest will not sit still for 2 mins, last meet we had at the snowdome was good for the kids but kept being dragged here and there, was thinking more like a pub/resturant with a wakey/ tumble gym?.

I know there used to be a wakey on stratford road Hall green don't know if its still there tho trying to think of somewhere that is easy for all to get too or at least central any suggestions/help?

Kath xs

Guest pressy22

yeah. count us in. will look at final venue & time. we live in Redditch.

me, OH and 2 of my children, 4yrs & 2yrs. thanx. looking forward to it. xx

Hi there everyone!!

we are from Cannock nr walsall just booking our meds and police checks leaving this october campervannin round oz till we find somewhere we fancy giving a go as we never been to oz before!

luke is plumber , i am (almost) a hairdresser nvq 3 nearly there..

adult meet sounds good as long as alcohol and good company involved :biggrin: xx

Guest wayniexagt
Hi all,

Thanks fr the suggestion wayne but I think it would be best if we went somewhere that has some entertainment for the lil uns, I know for one my youngest will not sit still for 2 mins, last meet we had at the snowdome was good for the kids but kept being dragged here and there, was thinking more like a pub/resturant with a wakey/ tumble gym?.

I know there used to be a wakey on stratford road Hall green don't know if its still there tho trying to think of somewhere that is easy for all to get too or at least central any suggestions/help?

Kath xs

ill have a check round tnite i live hall green just by the robin hood pub so i do a reccy and post up the options . under stood with the kids. i cant sit still myself :jiggy:

Guest paul n kath

how does "The Old House at Home, in Harbourne on Sunday 1st Feb from 11.30 sound.

It's a wacky warehouse/pub/food.

Its on lordswood road, b17 8QP tel 0121 427 8756.

A rough count of numbers would be good so I can phone ahead and pre warn them.

Hope its ok and you can all make it x

Hi Kim

We are from Stoke, Staffs and hoping to migrate to Oz this year.

Just waiting for our visa to come through whilst trying to sell our house.

Is there any meetings around this area at all?

Deb (48) Steve (35) Lauren (20) and Joshua (13)

:err:

Guest paul n kath
Hi Kim

We are from Stoke, Staffs and hoping to migrate to Oz this year.

Just waiting for our visa to come through whilst trying to sell our house.

Is there any meetings around this area at all?

Deb (48) Steve (35) Lauren (20) and Joshua (13)

:err:

Hiya,

hiya if you click on the calender at toof page there is one booked for 10th not sure on details. Goo luck with visa/house sale.

Kathx

Guest WARDStoOZ
how does "The Old House at Home, in Harbourne on Sunday 1st Feb from 11.30 sound.

It's a wacky warehouse/pub/food.

Its on lordswood road, b17 8QP tel 0121 427 8756.

A rough count of numbers would be good so I can phone ahead and pre warn them.

Hope its ok and you can all make it x

Hi Kath! I hope my mum and me will be able to make it... my dad + bro are always at footie on the weekends and we hardly see them :-( so doubt they'll be around. Also it's my bros birthday the 31st of Jan so that weekend he'll be doing stuff for his bday in his spare time. Hopefully, my mum + me will still be free though! And the Old House at Home sounds great... we went there a while ago and it's a nice pub in a good location (well for most anyway) so I like the sound of that!

Take care,

Dan xx :-)

Guest Midlanders

sounds great with us.

I know the pub and i think it will be good for all parties.

Deff count us in the two of. 1 adult and the OH that acts like a kid most of the time

Guest paul n kath

WKD, will post it on the calender,

Went there years ago for lunch with mom, but have read they had a big refurb aug '08 and looks good.

Kath x:jiggy:

Guest mattstowe
Hi all,

Happy new years. Hope you don't mind I thought I would start another thread as " anyone in brum thinking of migrating" was getting abit long.

Reading all your posts it sounds like there are quite a few of us trying to make them move. So another meet would be great to say hi and put faces to names.

We are Paul, Kath, Sam, Jake and Finney and we live in Kings Norton.

So can I start the ball rolling by suggesting Sunday 1st Feb ? We would like to bring the kids so somewhere child friendly would be great, can't think of anywhere but will have a look for somewhere central any suggestions gratefully recieved.

looking forward to meeting you all Kath xxx

where abouts in oz are you thinking of moving to im in werribee vic about 40 kms from melbourne and my dad comes from birmingham?

Guest samanthaleigh

Hi both,

Hope you are well.

I just discovered this website today and thought I would say hi. My hubby and I are new to Melbourne, moving over here from Leicester. Wayne came over here in October and I followed on December 7th. Everything is all still quite daunting for me but I am sure I will settle when we make some friends and stuff.

Woud love to meet at some point but sadly the 1st Feb is my birthday weekend and we are going away.

I will keep popping on here to see if there are any plans for future meets and perhaps we can catch up at the next one.

Take care

Sam

:-)

Archived