calling all midlanders, fancy meeting up?

Guest paul n kath

Guest wayniexagt
Hi all,

Thanks fr the suggestion wayne but I think it would be best if we went somewhere that has some entertainment for the lil uns, I know for one my youngest will not sit still for 2 mins, last meet we had at the snowdome was good for the kids but kept being dragged here and there, was thinking more like a pub/resturant with a wakey/ tumble gym?.

I know there used to be a wakey on stratford road Hall green don't know if its still there tho trying to think of somewhere that is easy for all to get too or at least central any suggestions/help?

Kath xs

ok done a reccy. really struggling but as far as i know the resevoir in earlswood has a wackey warehouse if thats any joy to anyone

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest paul n kath
ok done a reccy. really struggling but as far as i know the resevoir in earlswood has a wackey warehouse if thats any joy to anyone

Hi Wyne,

we have found a suitable place for all, its the old house at home in harborne, hope you can make it, have added it to the calender for anyone to rsvp if they want.

Cheers Kath x

Guest katypritchard

Hi there,

Only just found this thread after being on PIO for months!

We are from West Bromwich and altough we started our visa application a year ago got let down badly by our migration consultant and now have to start all over again ;-(

Hopefully we will be submitting our TRA within the next week, fingers crossed we will pass.

Wud luv to come along to the meet-up if thas ok. Me and nt r both 26 and we have a lad, 5 and a baby girl 20 mths!

Guest Midlanders

Hi guys

please come along to the meeting. we are both at the start of the process and would love to meet you and your family. Sorry to hear about your previous agent!!!

We live in Halesowen at will be attending

Regards

Judy & Darren

Guest paul n kath
Hi there,

Only just found this thread after being on PIO for months!

We are from West Bromwich and altough we started our visa application a year ago got let down badly by our migration consultant and now have to start all over again ;-(

Hopefully we will be submitting our TRA within the next week, fingers crossed we will pass.

Wud luv to come along to the meet-up if thas ok. Me and nt r both 26 and we have a lad, 5 and a baby girl 20 mths!

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear you've been let down, hope you didn't loose out too much, you are more than welcome to join us all, sounds like theres going to be afew of us and all at different stages should be a good days.

See you there

Kath x :hug:

Guest VFRHOCKS

Would like to meet up too if we free.

Leaving the first week of March, going to Perth.

Trying to pack everything up and see everyone before we go.

Guest mandypete

H, we are new to Poms in Oz... My Hubby is a motor mechanic (Pete, 25) and then there is me (Mandy, 26) and our little monkey (Jack, 5)... :jimlad:

We would love to come along to the meet if thats ok... We are in Dudley so its not too far! We are hoping to move to Southern Australia (pref Queensland) hopefully on a 457 Visa... :err:

Guest paul n kath
H, we are new to Poms in Oz... My Hubby is a motor mechanic (Pete, 25) and then there is me (Mandy, 26) and our little monkey (Jack, 5)... :jimlad:

We would love to come along to the meet if thats ok... We are in Dudley so its not too far! We are hoping to move to Southern Australia (pref Queensland) hopefully on a 457 Visa... :err:

hiya,

we too are hoping to move to queensland (cairns), hubby is a carpenter so hoping to get in a 175, looking forward to see you all on the 1st.

Kath & Paul x

Guest paul n kath
Hi Wyne,

we have found a suitable place for all, its the old house at home in harborne, hope you can make it, have added it to the calender for anyone to rsvp if they want.

Cheers Kath x

oops shameless bump lol

Can I suggest we make it a Oz theme meet, so wear something Ozzie'ish ( lol thats a good word)

x

Guest kjaj7775

Hi we have just joined the forum and missed the more local meet so would love to possibly come to this one if ok?? we're in staffs so not a long way away but would love to have a chat to like minded people.

Many thanks

Kerry :)

Hello all. First ever post on the site, but I'm sure it won't be the last. We are looking to emigrate in 2010 after my wife Catherine gets her degree in Podiatry. We have 2 young kids, Sam 10 and Lottie 8, and spent a month in Oz last year. Fell in love with the people, culture, landscape and compared to here it's heaven on earth!

We're off again on a "working holiday" in March for 4 weeks to finalise a decision. I sell parts for historic race cars, and we're off to Phillip Island for a racing show with a prospective customer, then off to Sydney for another show and two weeks recce.

We'd love to meet up with other Midlanders in the process of moving, so I'll check out the date and hopefully see you there.

Cheers

Hello... we have only just found this forum... we have just started the process my Oh is getting his Skills Assessed... we would love to meet up I'm Jane I'm 35 my OH is Dave he is 41 we have 3 children were hoping to move to South Australia Adelaide.... we live in the Birmingham.. hope to see you all.

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Hi,

Don't know if we are too late but would love to come on 1/2 if there is room. There will be 4 of us Seff, Sarah, George (4) and Ciara (4) who are in final stages (hopefully) of 175 and want to move to Sunshine Coast. May also try and bring my mum who is applying for CP visa and is currently on long list (returning from 3 months in Aus tomorrow so will see if she is up for it when she gets back)

Hope to meet you all next week and catch up with everyone's stories

Seff and Sarah

Hello all. Checked the diary and all 4 of us (2 "grown-ups" me & OH Catherine and 2 kids, Sam & Lottie aged 10 & 8) will be there.

Thanks Paul n Kath for starting this off. We're right at the start of all this and it will be good to meet up with like-minded people.

Cheers

Mike H

Guest paul n kath
were coming ..... isn't too cold for oz clothes brrrr xx we 3

looking forward to seeing you all there, was thinking more along the lines of ozzie hat, flag, billabong t-shirt (lol) etc something to make you/us stand out incase. Had a right giggle walking around sutton park last year people watching surprised we didn't get arrested lol. Looks like we gonna take over the pub this time so no worries xs:jiggy:

Archived