calling all midlanders, fancy meeting up?

Guest paul n kath

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest paul n kath

:wub: just done a quick head count, and if everyone makes it theres going to be 30+ adults and 24+ lil uns, think I might just ring the old house at home and give them the heads up but then again don't want to scare them off either??????

Guest WARDStoOZ
:wub: just done a quick head count, and if everyone makes it theres going to be 30+ adults and 24+ lil uns, think I might just ring the old house at home and give them the heads up but then again don't want to scare them off either??????

lol wow that many people! I hope that plenty turn up! I've sent a PM to everyone on my contacts list within about an hours drive who might not already know about the meet but who knows if any of them will make it...??? Atleast the pub will be prepared lol if you ring them Kath, Dan xx

Guest paul n kath
lol wow that many people! I hope that plenty turn up! I've sent a PM to everyone on my contacts list within about an hours drive who might not already know about the meet but who knows if any of them will make it...??? Atleast the pub will be prepared lol if you ring them Kath, Dan xx

That's what I was thinking, will give them a bell tomorrow xx

Guest paul n kath

Hi all,

Have just phoned the old house at home and the manageress said we are all more than welcome, there are two areas the main area is for dining (kids welcome) and the bar (no Kids Allowed) plus there's the wacky. She said it does get exteremly busy on sundays so if you are eathing it's advised to book in advance, unless we can confirm numbers then she can reserve an area for us. If thats the case can you pm me with numbers and I shall confirm it xxx

Guest WARDStoOZ
Hi all,

Have just phoned the old house at home and the manageress said we are all more than welcome, there are two areas the main area is for dining (kids welcome) and the bar (no Kids Allowed) plus there's the wacky. She said it does get exteremly busy on sundays so if you are eathing it's advised to book in advance, unless we can confirm numbers then she can reserve an area for us. If thats the case can you pm me with numbers and I shall confirm it xxx

Thanks Kath! Should be me and my mum,

Dan xx

Guest mandypete
Hi all,

Hi, we go to this pub quite regularly, there is a dining area that seats about 40 over towards the joing ramp to get to the wacky, we have booked this whole area previously for our little boys birthday party... it might be useful to ask specifically to book those tables x (me, hubby and mini man)

Guest paul n kath
Hi, we go to this pub quite regularly, there is a dining area that seats about 40 over towards the joing ramp to get to the wacky, we have booked this whole area previously for our little boys birthday party... it might be useful to ask specifically to book those tables x (me, hubby and mini man)

Thank you, have called and reserved it today, said we would be eating at 1.30 other wise they wouldn't let me have it, also said we could only have tables for 2 hrs max lol

Guest mandypete
Thank you, have called and reserved it today, said we would be eating at 1.30 other wise they wouldn't let me have it, also said we could only have tables for 2 hrs max lol

I wouldnt worry about it, we stayed pretty much all night, once there are people spending they wont care lol!... we know some of the bar staff and they are pretty easy going...

see you there... we might even have some news to share by then (keeping schtum but fingers are firmly crossed! lol):biglaugh:

Guest paul n kath
I wouldnt worry about it, we stayed pretty much all night, once there are people spending they wont care lol!... we know some of the bar staff and they are pretty easy going...

see you there... we might even have some news to share by then (keeping schtum but fingers are firmly crossed! lol):biglaugh:

thought as much, they sounded really friendly on the phone. so can't imagin them timing us, said 1.30 but anytime from 12;30 is fine, kids can do wacky and we can have a drink and say Hi.

Am guessing what you're news might be so keeping fingers crossed for you xxx

We've got our medicals tomorrow so bessie underwear on and washed behind my ears lol.

See you all Sunday getting excited now. x

Guest mandypete
thought as much, they sounded really friendly on the phone. so can't imagin them timing us, said 1.30 but anytime from 12;30 is fine, kids can do wacky and we can have a drink and say Hi.

Am guessing what you're news might be so keeping fingers crossed for you xxx

We've got our medicals tomorrow so bessie underwear on and washed behind my ears lol.

See you all Sunday getting excited now. x

mmmm! beer! lol!:tongue:

can you keep ur toes crossed 2 please! it all helps! although it may count against u on the medical! he he!

Guest VFRHOCKS

Count us in, will be the missus, me and 6 yr old daughter, might also have the mother in law coming too.

Not sure we got much Australian to wear.

Guest paul n kath
Count us in, will be the missus, me and 6 yr old daughter, might also have the mother in law coming too.

Not sure we got much Australian to wear.

just look out for the suspicious looking people loithering around eyeing everyone else up, and asking where you heading for (sutton park '08) lol, or better still head for the bit by the ramp on the way to the wacky ;o).

Hi All,

This meet sounds like a good idea... is there anyone who is looking to move to Canberra going to be there?!

Thanks

emma

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Just getting Aussie gear sorted!! Looking forward to it. Just hope the weather holds out.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow about 12.30

Sarah x

Guest Midlanders

Hi Guys

Found out today that kangaroo bruce, his wife, 2 kids and another member sioux will be doing us

Gosh we going to pack out the place

LOL

Guest Mr Toad

My wife and I (+ 2 children) would like to attend this meet as well, I know one of my friends is going.

We done our medicals 3 weeks ago, went down the DIY route, no agents, so I'm sure we can help out others.

We can only stay until 2.45 as our daughter has a birthday party to attend at 3.30, we will arrive around 12 and eat there.

Mark

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Hi All

Just got back from the meet. Thought I would just say how great it was to meet everyone and hear everyone's stories. So nice to be able to put faces to the user names!

Also just like to thank Kath for getting us all into gear and organising it. Just wish I had found this site when we started the process.

Sarah

Guest VFRHOCKS

Just got back after stoppingh of on the way home at our favourite Chinesse.

All you can eat for £7 and great value.

Just like Seff I would also like to thanks Paul & Cathy, as it went well I know Cath will take the credit but think Paul did most the work.

Anyway, thanks for the invite, ws great to meet everyone, just a shame wasn't able to meet everyone just a shame not able to stay longer and et to talk to everyone.

Thanks

Thanks again Paul and Kath it was great to meet up today .. loved listening to everyone's stories.. hope we can all meet up again soon.. keep in touch ..... jane Dave and girls x

Archived