calling all midlanders, fancy meeting up?

Guest paul n kath

Guest paul n kath

What a fantastic day. Can believe so many of you turned up. I think I managed to talk to all of you if not Paul did, didn't manage to take any pic's tho (too busy chatting) It was lovely seeing some familiar faces and make some lovely new friends.

Will defo organise another meet soon. We're only in Kings Norton so if anyone fancies a coffee/ chat drop us a line xx

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest paul n kath
Thanks Kath, Paul and everyone for a great meet!

Dan and family xx

Hey guys,

thank you for coming it was lovely finally meeting you all, hope Dad has gotten over the shock and we didn't scare him off the idea of going to Oz

XX

Guest mandypete

We must admit the hangovers kicked in and took over from birthday celebrations last night! We made it 2 the meet but not 4 long, lol! It was great 2 meet like minded people and we hope that we can pop along to another meet b4 we head off x

Guest WARDStoOZ
Hey guys,

thank you for coming it was lovely finally meeting you all, hope Dad has gotten over the shock and we didn't scare him off the idea of going to Oz

XX

lol he's just about over the shock Kath, he knows not to trust us in future lol :biglaugh:

XX

Hello all. It was great to get together today, and thanks to Paul and Cath for getting it started. We've picked up loads of great tips and it's really fired us up.

It was also really nice to meet such nice, down to earth people, and we will definately be keeping in touch.

Question: What is this country going to do when all of the best, talented people like the folks at todays meet all leave?

MikeH

Guest katypritchard

Oh guys - can't believe we missed it! :-( Our two children had both been up the night before throwing up with a good old british stomach bug and we completely forgot about the next day otherwise I would have let Paul and Kathy know - sorry xxx

Kate, Ant and sick kids!

Guest paul n kath
Oh guys - can't believe we missed it! :-( Our two children had both been up the night before throwing up with a good old british stomach bug and we completely forgot about the next day otherwise I would have let Paul and Kathy know - sorry xxx

Kate, Ant and sick kids!

Hi guys,

Not to worry, going to try arrange the next one for march sometime, hope the lil uns are better and enjoying the snow.

Speak soon Kath xs

Wow I turned up thinking there would be 4 or 5 people there, but little did I know we would take over the pub!!! Brilliant loved chatting to a few people and hopefully next time I will bring the missus for you guys to help pursued her it is the right thing to do.

Lovely to see like minded people who just want a better quality of life for not only their families, but also themselves. After watching the revisits of welcome down under I am even more sure....life is for living, but here it seems to be just for watching tv and going to work....crap 8(

After crashing her car yesterday I quickly jumped on that opportunity as it wouldn't happen in australia. 8)

Let me know when the March meet is and I will defo be there.

Thanks guys and good luck with the mass movement out of this damn country, which is going downhill by the day....laughing stock of Europe not being able to cope with this snow.

Guest chris_n_lucy

Guted we missed it! We were stuck in Southampton but if there is one in March we will defo make it! Sounds like there was a bigger turn out than the one in tamworth so hopefully it will be the same in March!

See you soon guys

x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest martypomsmith

Hi Guys,

Only just started using Poms in Oz, found your post, I come from Kings Norton, Moved to the Gold Coast June last year. Are you still in Brum? Where are you thinking of migrating to in Oz?

If anyone ends up in my neck of the woods, give me a shout, it would be good to hear my native lingo.

Marty

Archived