New to all this!

jomark2oz

Hi everyone!

Have been reading this site on and off for a few mths now, thought it about time i introduced us - also need some advice lol! We are planning to move to oz in the next yr or so (possibly brisbane). I am Jo (27), my OH is mark (36) and our little boy is 18mths.

We're currently going through the process with Go Matilda and i'm waiting for my skills assessment to come back from the austalian nursing council (i'm a paediatric nurse), we're hoping to go on an independent skilled migrant visa.

Anyway our predicament is Mark, over here he is self employed working in the business of fire alarms, he's been doing that for 3yrs, prior to that he was employed for 4yrs by a fire alarm company.

He is concerned that from what he has seen in oz he needs to have lots of qualifications to do the same job. Over here he has a few city and guilds obtained yrs ago but mainly has just got 'experience'. He is concerned he won't get a job over there.

Any ideas? Sorry for long essay:cute:

Guest cuba267

hi, welcome to the site

send a pm to gollywobbler (gill) and she'll throw some light on the situation. hope the application goes well for you

Hi welcome to poms in oz, i have just had a quick look on a few job sites and unlike most trades the vacancies i saw only request 5 yrs experience, they don't ask for licences. Personally i would call a company who is advertising and ask them as they will obviously know.

Have you asked Go Matilda, they are a pretty good company and if they dont know they might tell you who will.

Good Luck with everything

Cal x

Archived