Am I mad?

Guest Gemimarose

Guest Gemimarose

Hey there, hope to be moving to Oz soon .........on my own - am I mad? Currently in cold, cold Oxford but dreaming of hot, hot Perth. Is it a city for a girl on her own? Loved it when I've visited and have friends there but living there is a different matter - I can't wait really, just having little collywobbles which I'm sure will fade once in that glorious sunshine. Anyway anyone in/near Oxford doing the same and want to meet up or just moved to Perth, would be great to hear from you. :cute:

Gem

Guest PommieLady

Welcome

:hug:

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun on PIO as well as in Perth.

Just don't be too put of by a certain gentleman who hates the place.

:wubclub:

Guest prettyinpink

I guess it would depend on what you like to get out of life. Perth is a very isolated city, and it can appear to some people as quite borng. Personally we love the peace and quiet, but we came from Manchester so were glad to ditch the hustle and bustle and nightclubs.

If you love your watersports (no sniggers from the ruder members of the forum please), then it's a great place, Perth has fantastic shops and if you're fond of sampling the wine there are some great wineries.

It really depends what you're interested in, and what you'd come here looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there, hope to be moving to Oz soon .........on my own - am I mad? Currently in cold, cold Oxford but dreaming of hot, hot Perth. Is it a city for a girl on her own? Loved it when I've visited and have friends there but living there is a different matter - I can't wait really, just having little collywobbles which I'm sure will fade once in that glorious sunshine. Anyway anyone in/near Oxford doing the same and want to meet up or just moved to Perth, would be great to hear from you. :cute:

Gem

Hi!

You're not mad at all! Perth is lovely. I've been here nearly 5 months and I am so more chilled out now than when I was living in England. If you have friends here you'll be laughing. The hardest thing I'm finding is searching for other people to go down the pub with!

Angela

Hi,

Have been in Perth a little while now, and loving it. Originally from South London and love the laid back way things are done here. Spent a while in Sydney a few years ago but am really enjoying Perth.

Came down on my own as well and now living in Yokine, Just north of the city.

I have made quite a few mates already, and always looking for more! especially good drinking buddies!!

So if anyone fancies meeting up for a couple, be sure to get in touch

Thanks and good luck to everyone,

Ian

Guest becky1973

I know 2 people from London Working in the Indian Ocean Brewing Comp in Perth, and they have said that a lot of ex pats are in the area so i am sure you will meet someone as soon as you go looking

Hi and welcome:smile:..Perth is a beaut city for young and old, and if you liked it when you visited i'm sure you will again..it is different living here or anywhere, but if your open-minded and willing to embrace a life here give it a go i'd say..all the best to you..

Tess:cute:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GemmainOz

HI,

I've just moved to Perth too, on my own, and I had the occasional wobble (still am sometimes!) but its great, just for it to be sunny everyday is enough to keep you smiling and I love the water.

Give me a shout when you get to Perth, I could do with more mates here.

Gemma

Archived