Screen printing in Adelaide

Guest zedster

Guest zedster

Hey ho folks!

does anyone out there know if there are any screen printing/printing workshops in Adelaide or if there are any screenprinters who will produce lengths of fabric?

I'm interested in getting involved again in screenprinting and other types of printing so if anyone has any info, pointers or leads it would be v much appreciated

Z :cute:

Guest ianpyne

Spooky,I am going out to screenprint as a job in Adelaide on a skilled migration visa. I have been a screenprinter for 15years, and I am shipping all my equipment. I have a job offer ,but they don't do textiles where I am going to work.

I currently have my own home based t-shirt printing business,hence the reason I am shipping my equipment, so I can start again in Adelaide.

Guest zedster

Hey that sounds cool, well done on the job offer! Is it costing you a lot to ship all your equipment out?

I did printed textiles many years ago but I'd be really keen to get into some kind of workshop where you can go along and use the equipment and do your own thing (paper, fabric etc).

What kind of things will you be printing then in your new job?

Guest ianpyne

Zedster you are welcome to come and use my stuff when we get out there. Corex Signs mostly but a big learning curve in the digital side of the business..... seriously expensive to ship the gear,but worth it I hope

Guest zedster

Magic! How far along in the visa process are you? what visa are you applying for? And when do you expect to be moving?

Thanks for the offer!!!

Guest ianpyne

early doors with the visa, 175 skilled migrant .We need to sell our house so that maybe the stumbling block if it takes ages to sell.

Guest zedster

hey ian, I think that's the situation a lot of people are in right now...we've just put ours on the market too and if we don't sell we won't be going :( It's so frustrating! At least you'll have 5 years to move on a 175 which gives you a bit of room for maneuver when it comes to selling your house eh?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mulho55

hello chaps, been reading your posts, i'm considering taking the plunge and moving down under, can't think of a better way of life. I worked as a screenprinter for 6 years from leaving school, haven't been printing in two years now but would love to get back into it and make the move. Don't suppose either of you would have much information on the type of wage to expect in oz. I don't know very much about the whole moving process, if you had any info on websites containing good relevant info it'd be much appreciated. ta

Archived