Scottish Expo??

Guest Letasha

Guest Letasha

Hi there i have heard people on here talking about aussie expo's and how useful they were or weren't. Just wondering how you found out when these were on. I live in Scotland does any1 know if there is one due here any time soon? If so are they worthwhile inyour opinion?

Guest smiler77

hi letasha, not been to an expo but just seen an advert for an emigration expo that is on at the highland centre in edinburgh (though that is a bit of a journey for you) think it covers emigration to lots of countries but Aus will be represented i would think, heres the link Emigrate Edinburgh Information

smiles Tracy ;0)

Guest crabbejo
Thanks Tracy I will have a wee look into that and let you all know how i get on. :)

Hi Letasha,

myself and my husband are going to the expo in edinburgh on the saturday. We booked tickets online and we now have a list of who will be exhibiting. There are banks, removal companies, migration experts and representatives from the various australian states. We have never been before but friends of ours went last year when they were moving to Brisbane and found it quite useful. We are only at the beginning stages of emigrating but will go anyway. :smile:

Nicola

Guest Letasha

Had a look - we have booked our tickets. It sounds quite good as there will be migration agents, government depts , employers and the like all there for you to chat to. It is a fair bit away but providing the weather is ok the drive through wont be a problem. Thanks again Tracy.

Is there anyone else from PIO going?

Guest sylcaddies

Hi Letasha

and Hi Nicola

My OH and I are going to the Edinburgh Expo on the Saturday too! Along with the tickets we also got a DVD about the Emigrate Challenge, where 6 couples were chosen to do a candid video diary about their emigration stories, the good and the bad! Home video camera were used and it shows how exciting but also incredibly stressful the whole thing can be. Very useful viewing. We have just started - submitted my CV to Ramsay Healthcare yesterday so fingers crossed! We are hoping to move to Melbourne.

Hope you enjoy the expo, I'm sure we will find it useful!!

Good luck to you both in your future adventures!!:smile:

Guest Letasha
Hi Letasha,

myself and my husband are going to the expo in edinburgh on the saturday. We booked tickets online and we now have a list of who will be exhibiting. There are banks, removal companies, migration experts and representatives from the various australian states. We have never been before but friends of ours went last year when they were moving to Brisbane and found it quite useful. We are only at the beginning stages of emigrating but will go anyway. :smile:

Nicola

Hi Nicola it sounds quite good and it will be interesting to speak to people who actually live there and stuff. We are going on the sat aswell. I have been researching for an age but have not applied for our visas yet - still doing my pro accountancy exams but we may as well arm ourselves with all the info we can eh. :spinny:

Guest crabbejo

We haven't watched the dvd yet but i am sure it will be good. I have an interview with healthscope the day before the expo so fingers crossed for that. Am going to submit my cv to Ramsay as well. Heqlthscope will also be exhibiting at the expo incase your interested!

Guest crabbejo
Hi Nicola it sounds quite good and it will be interesting to speak to people who actually live there and stuff. We are going on the sat aswell. I have been researching for an age but have not applied for our visas yet - still doing my pro accountancy exams but we may as well arm ourselves with all the info we can eh. :spinny:

Hiya

I think half the battle is doing the research!! Like a full time job the amount of time i spend on these forums looking for any useful info. There is so much to take in it will be good to speak to folk that are there and have done it. I am waiting to secure a job before i submit a visa application first. It's Perth we are planning on too. hope it all works out!! scary but exciting times ahead i think.

Guest sylcaddies
We haven't watched the dvd yet but i am sure it will be good. I have an interview with healthscope the day before the expo so fingers crossed for that. Am going to submit my cv to Ramsay as well. Heqlthscope will also be exhibiting at the expo incase your interested!

That will be good. Intend taking copies of my CV along, so thanks for that tip. Do Healthscope sponsor newly qualified nurses (too old to go down 175 route, unfortunately!) Good luck with your interview. Will be thinking about you.:smile:

Guest crabbejo
That will be good. Intend taking copies of my CV along, so thanks for that tip. Do Healthscope sponsor newly qualified nurses (too old to go down 175 route, unfortunately!) Good luck with your interview. Will be thinking about you.:smile:

Hiya

I am newly qualified too. Just finished uni in jan. I saw an advert in nursing standard for healthscope and applied. I have had a telephone chat/interview with them and am going along to meet them with a view to getting on their graduate programme. If you want me to send you some info I will pm it to you. It's the fact I have no experience that I am looking for sponsorship. Do ramsay offer newly qualifieds sponsorship then? I saw the advert and thought of applying but havent yet cause i wasn't sure if they would be looking for experience.

Guest sylcaddies

Thanks for that info - that would be great if you could pm the info. How long did you have to wait after contacting them for news of interview? I have no patience whatsoever - just want to be gone from here!!!

Guest Letasha
Hiya

I think half the battle is doing the research!! Like a full time job the amount of time i spend on these forums looking for any useful info. There is so much to take in it will be good to speak to folk that are there and have done it. I am waiting to secure a job before i submit a visa application first. It's Perth we are planning on too. hope it all works out!! scary but exciting times ahead i think.

I know i feel like a proper geek :GEEK: The oh has even offered to buy me an anorak - the cheek!!! :biglaugh: But then again if it was left to him we'd never get there!

Archived