Singapore stop over

The Bray Family

Hi

We are thinking of doing a few days in singapore on our way to australia.Has anyone done this if so what hotel would you reccomend?.Also what do you do with all your luggage? can you leave it in the airport dont want to carry loads of cases to and from the airport.What are the best things to do, we have a 17 year old and a 14 year old.We are hoping to be there for the 14 year olds birthday any ideas on something really cool for her birthday.

thanks

sarah

Hi

We are thinking of doing a few days in singapore on our way to australia.Has anyone done this if so what hotel would you reccomend?.Also what do you do with all your luggage? can you leave it in the airport dont want to carry loads of cases to and from the airport.What are the best things to do, we have a 17 year old and a 14 year old.We are hoping to be there for the 14 year olds birthday any ideas on something really cool for her birthday.

thanks

sarah

hiya sarah,we have decided to stay in the transit hotel in the airport( theres 3 i think)it suits us because of the times we arrive and leave singapore for adelaide,we are booking a room for 6 times 6 hour blocks, a 6 hour block is approx £38 ,we did originally have a hotel in singapore city,which was obviously cheaper,only thing is that we would be checking out of the hotel at ten in the morning and we dont leave for adelaide till midnight,so dont fancy carting bags round etc,this way we can get a final shower etc a cpl of hours before we fly,no probs with bags either,i believe theres an open air pool,and free cinema etc if you have kids. we are only stopping over for a night ourselves,probably just take a tour round the city ( available from the airport ),have a meal and few beers and a lot of ciggies!and onwards! hope this helps a bit,safe journey

Guest brooksey

hotitin.gifFurama RiverFrontArea: Singapore River

46753_9_t.jpgLocated in Singapore’s financial district, the hotel is one km (one-half mile) from the entertainment and restaurants of Clark Quay and Chinatown. More hotel info Book online or call 1300-850-472

we stopped here and it was great. 5 mins walk to keys(pubs and cafes on river) and Chinatown.

sanatosa island is where the beach is but get ataxi to the cable car station and cross over that way.

Enjoy rates from AU$158.60 per night between 10-Feb-2009 and 11-Apr-2009.

Things to do include, laze around the pool, vist the beach, Sentosa island, the zoo (world class), Little India, China Town, the old defences from colonial days and ofcourse no visit to Singapore is complete without a Singapore Sling at Raffles (bit pricey though). Singapore is a good choice as less of a culture shock than other Asian cities and you have completed the longest part of the trip.

Pete

Guest brooksey

I agree with Raffles. Its a must when in Singapore. If you like shopping Ochard road is fantastic.Very modern. Chinatown is my personal favourite. Eating at the street hawkers is a must

When we went nz a couple of years ago we stayed in a cracking hotel no more than 100 yrds off orchard raod ( 2x adults 2x kids 10 / 11 @£70.00 per night ) Brilliant but one thing i would do is go to little india, if you like that food it is fantastic, and as of most of singapore you fell 100% safe anywhere, and as other posts say the zoo at night is the best.

Guest Gollywobbler
I agree with Raffles. Its a must when in Singapore. If you like shopping Ochard road is fantastic.Very modern. Chinatown is my personal favourite. Eating at the street hawkers is a must

Hi Brooksey

I agree with every word you have said.

Cheers

Gill

Archived