Celebrating St David's Day in Sydney?

Guest TaffyKathy

Guest TaffyKathy

Hi

Other than the Sydney Welsh Choir out at Lidcombe, does anyone know of any Welsh events going on in Sydney for St David's Day?

Kathy

Hi

Other than the Sydney Welsh Choir out at Lidcombe, does anyone know of any Welsh events going on in Sydney for St David's Day?

Kathy

Hi Kathy

We live down in the Illawarra and will be holding a St David's Day Picnic at the foreshore of Lake Illawarra would be great if you could join us if it's not too far for you

Lynda

Guest TaffyKathy

Many thanks Lynda! Won't be possible for me to get to the Lake, but I wish you a very enjoyable time, and hope the weather stays dry for you.

Enjoy!

Kathy

Thanks hope you get to do something patriotic.

Have fun:wink:

Hi

I'm a new welsh arrival in sydney, been here for a month. Are there many welsh people on poms in oz who live in sydney?

Daz

Hi

I'm a new welsh arrival in sydney, been here for a month. Are there many welsh people on poms in oz who live in sydney?

Daz

Hi Daz

I'm pretty new to this site, I've not seen too many welsh people on here up to now, but there are quite a lot in and around Sydney, we live in Shellharbour Area of the Illawarra and heard there were heaps of welsh down here it was apparent though in the early months that we were here, but are stumbling across more all the time.

Good luck with your new life, what suburb have you ended up in?

Guest TaffyKathy

Hi Daz,

Where are you from and where are you living in Sydney at the moment?

My Mum's Welsh and I've spent half my life in Swansea/Cardiff (the rest in London and here (8 years)).

Kathy

Hi Daz,

Where are you from and where are you living in Sydney at the moment?

My Mum's Welsh and I've spent half my life in Swansea/Cardiff (the rest in London and here (8 years)).

Kathy

Hi Kathy

I'm from blackwood, nr newport. I'm living in chinatown, in the cbd.

Daz

Guest TaffyKathy

Hi Daz - gosh, that's 'central' alright; you're certainly in the thick of things. Hope you're enjoying it.

I'm out at Maroubra. If you fancy meeting in town sometime for a coffee/drink/chat, give me a shout; I normally pop in one evening or at the weekend.

Kathy

Archived