Phillip Island superbikes

furkew

Not sure if anybody is interested, but i'll be heading across to the superbikes on Sunday 1st March on the bike with a few aussies, and a few expats for the day at the superbikes on Phillip Island.

We will be departing from Monbulk, but will pass through Narre Warren /Pakenham /Koo wee rup etc on the way through. If you fancy tagging along, PM me or give me a call. 0400 874 875

Paul

Not sure if anybody is interested, but i'll be heading across to the superbikes on Sunday 1st March on the bike with a few aussies, and a few expats for the day at the superbikes on Phillip Island.

We will be departing from Monbulk, but will pass through Narre Warren /Pakenham /Koo wee rup etc on the way through. If you fancy tagging along, PM me or give me a call. 0400 874 875

Paul

Awesome love to come done the gps and sb`s in the uk Donnington , Brands, Assen be a bit of a boogar tho coming from Kallaroo WA my tank only holds 14 litrES have to tow a tanker behind me . If i had the right bike and route would`nt mind makin the trip east

Mally

Awesome love to come done the gps and sb`s in the uk Donnington , Brands, Assen be a bit of a boogar tho coming from Kallaroo WA my tank only holds 14 litrES have to tow a tanker behind me . If i had the right bike and route would`nt mind makin the trip east

Mally

A few of my mates are heading to WA from NSW & Vic later this year for a big run, and i'll be heading to Wallabadah (near Tamworth NSW in Sept) which is nearly 3000km in 4 days. Dont forget as they say in Oz "its just round the corner"

If you ever get the chance to do the GP on Phillip Island and stay the weekend, its an absolute cracker of a weekend with bands, bikes & booze in an atmosphere that is so laid back.

There are 26 Aussie/Dutch mates heading to Assen this year as well, but I dont arrive in Holland till a couple of weeks after the TT (Dutch inlaws) so i'll unfortunately miss out this year.:realmad:

There are companies that ship cars & bikes to & from WA quite reasonably on an almost daily basis.

Ship the bike, fly here, spend a week riding the twisties in the hills (the black spur) Black Spur - AOL Video

Not sure whats left of the reefton spur after the fires (Marysville)

Come to the GP weekend, and fly back home.

Riding here in Vic is an amazing experience.

Ride safe.

Is the Black Spur vic equivalent of Cat and fiddle Derbyshire without the plod

mally

Dont actually know the Cat & Fiddle because I spent the last 20 years in Holland, but the whole area from Kinglake, Healesville, Marysville are fantastic riding areas and very few Plods around. Unfortunately all these areas where in the recent bushfire regions in Vic, so not too sure whats left, but another ride I recently did (for the second time) which was an absolute blast was the backroads through to Inverloch. :yes: which is 100% plod free.

Oh am dead jealous would love to be there! Hoping to make it to the Motogp In October though!

Thats on my agenda as well.

Did the 2008 GP with a big group of local mates & expat biker mates, and had a fab time. Camped at the highside camping and spent Sat & sun there. If you go, make a weekend of it. You wont regret it :biggrin:

For this weekend, if anybody might be interested, the meet up in Monbulk & leaving at 7.30am on Sunday morning, and getting to the island around 10am after a coffee & brekky stop and a leisurely ride down. Leave the Island straight after the race around 5pm.

About 10 bikes going from Monbulk.

Paul.

Guest proud2beaussie
Dont actually know the Cat & Fiddle because I spent the last 20 years in Holland, but the whole area from Kinglake, Healesville, Marysville are fantastic riding areas and very few Plods around. Unfortunately all these areas where in the recent bushfire regions in Vic, so not too sure whats left, but another ride I recently did (for the second time) which was an absolute blast was the backroads through to Inverloch. :yes: which is 100% plod free.

I had an email from the commander of my local ses unit who has been helping out down in the Kinglake area and he advises that the whole area is still effectively under police control so be aware that if you are going near any of these areas that some roads may be blocked off.

Have a good weekend though,Philip Island circuit is spectacular with the views of Bass Strait.

I had an email from the commander of my local ses unit who has been helping out down in the Kinglake area and he advises that the whole area is still effectively under police control so be aware that if you are going near any of these areas that some roads may be blocked off.

Have a good weekend though,Philip Island circuit is spectacular with the views of Bass Strait.

I heard about the closures. A few mates had a club run for this Sunday planned months ago to go to Marysville, but that is not going to happen. You cant get past Healesville & the spur through Kinglake is closed as well. Not sure about the Reefton spur, but I do know that somewhere up the mountain, its closed off as well.

For our run to the Island, we normally cut through Emerald, past Cardinia lake, Koo wee rup, and then hit the highways, but a lot of those areas have been affected by fires over the last week or so, so I still dont know which route we will be taking.

Guest proud2beaussie

I guess all you can do is keep checking the Vicroads website for road closures etc,maybe also give the R.A.C.V a call,they have very good information as well,whatever I'm sure you will have a fab time.

Ride Safely though.

Good Luck

N'OZ

I guess all you can do is keep checking the Vicroads website for road closures etc,maybe also give the R.A.C.V a call,they have very good information as well,whatever I'm sure you will have a fab time.

Ride Safely though.

Good Luck

N'OZ

Thanks N'OZ

We'll find a route, even if its boring freeways all the way. A bike doesnt offer much in the way of protection in a bushfire, so no risks will be taken :yes:

Archived