Lonely single girl in Perth

Guest Cara Kimber

Guest Cara Kimber

Hi All,

I have just arrived in Perth (had 6 weeks travelling first). I am 30 something and don't really know anyone in Perth, I would love to hear from other people who have moved out to Perth from the Uk. Am I the only single person that has emigrated? I am not doing a great job of it so far but early days. Must admit to being rather daunted, especially if I can't find work, guess it will be home to mum with my tail between my legs.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Thanks,

Cara

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teresa p

Hi Cara, keep your spirits up. My daughter is in perth from october and went there on her own, could put you in contact with her if you want?

Hi Cara

I am a 30 something and will be in Perth hopfeully at the end of this year. I know it's a bit away but would love to have someone to call a friend when i get there. I am moving over with boyfriend but would enjoy some girly company.

Get in touch if you would like to meet up.

Emma

x

Hi All,

I have just arrived in Perth (had 6 weeks travelling first). I am 30 something and don't really know anyone in Perth, I would love to hear from other people who have moved out to Perth from the Uk. Am I the only single person that has emigrated? I am not doing a great job of it so far but early days. Must admit to being rather daunted, especially if I can't find work, guess it will be home to mum with my tail between my legs.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Thanks,

Cara

Hi Cara

I am not planning on going to Perth unfortunatley (Melbourne for me) but i am planning on emigrating by myself as well, so i just wanted to say hello! There appears to be so few of us singletons out there!

Keep positive, things will get easier i am sure!

Would love to hear how you get on

Take care

Lottie

Guest New to Perth

Hi Cara, I am in a similar situation myself. I have been in Perth since August 08. Any friends I have made have all moved back home to the UK/Ireland. It is really difficult to make friends. I would be happy to meet up anytime. I am 32 and currently living in Subiaco. Also, if there is anyone else living in Perth and bored get in touch!!!

Paul

Guest lois1973

Hi Cara

Im 35 and considering a move, however, not sure whether to go to oz or nz, how is it so far apart from being a little lonely? im sure there are lots of girls and boys hopefully in their 30's looking for friendship. Good luck with your search and let me know how you get on. Id love to have some hints and tips!! what is your field of work?

Louise

• 3 weeks later...
Guest slinkypancakes

Hi Cara, I am 29 and I too will be coming to Perth single, I have a 6 month old daughter tho!! We wll be staying wth my dad in Vic Park, have some amily but no mates to hang out with, booo!! How you been getting on? You can pm me. Laura

Guest muptig

Hi Cara. I have just moved here from Sydney with my husband - he works away a lot so I am on my own as well. I don't know anyone apart from the people I work. I live in Vic Park, not sure if that is near? Would be good to meet others

Guest Cara Kimber

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies, well it is starting to look like a good idea to have a 30 something meet up!!! What do you all think??

Teresa P, would love to make contact with your daughter if she wouldn't mind, thanks.

Emmaroo - get in touch when you get out here, sure we will all make you very welcome.

Thanks Lottee, lovely of your to write.

Hi Paul, would love to get in touch and how do you fancy the group get together thing for us 30 somethings???

Lois 1973 - have you been out to Oz/NZ? I know of a lot of NZers out here who have left NZ as job prospects better over here. It is just lovely and although the job hunting is difficult at the moment as I am house sitting my costs are so low that I am not too worried yet. I am enjoying and making myself get out and about and have actually been really busy but would be nice to have a group of people you can call on as friends, though I have made a few friends who have just been so welcoming and lovely, so feel I have done well so far. If you make it out to Oz give me a shout.

Hi Emma 270 - do you fancy a group get together one weekend?

Laura, have mailed you - what a nickname you have!!!! Get in touch and we can meet up and also perhaps we can sort a group thing for everyone that has posted.

Hi Muptig, yes be great to meet up with everyone and as there seem to be a few now would happily help sort a day we could all get together.

Well, guys you have all made me feel much better and I can only apologise again for the delay response. Hope to hear from you soon.

If your interested in a get together then drop me a mail directly and we can start to sort something out.

Many thanks, Cara

Guest Denise28

Hi Cara (and the rest of us 30 somethings)

What a great idea for a get together, would love to be included.

Thanks for starting the ball rolling Cara, it can be quite daunting landing in a new place without your friend networks, but this is a fantastic idea!.. .I am looking forward to it already:jiggy:

Guest Mylady's O/H
Hi Cara (and the rest of us 30 somethings)

What a great idea for a get together, would love to be included.

Thanks for starting the ball rolling Cara, it can be quite daunting landing in a new place without your friend networks, but this is a fantastic idea!.. .I am looking forward to it already:jiggy:

Hi all

I am 87 ,am i welcome aswell ? Not many friends my age left around anymore ,I think:confused: sometimes I forget. I like to drink beer and go to the disco,But I am normally in bed by 20h30.Do you think we can be friends?

Guest SN8_Royals

Hiya,

I'm interested in meeting up with you all too, I'm single and soon turning 31.

Thanks Sarah

Guest emma270
Hi All,

Thanks for your replies, well it is starting to look like a good idea to have a 30 something meet up!!! What do you all think??

Teresa P, would love to make contact with your daughter if she wouldn't mind, thanks.

Emmaroo - get in touch when you get out here, sure we will all make you very welcome.

Thanks Lottee, lovely of your to write.

Hi Paul, would love to get in touch and how do you fancy the group get together thing for us 30 somethings???

Lois 1973 - have you been out to Oz/NZ? I know of a lot of NZers out here who have left NZ as job prospects better over here. It is just lovely and although the job hunting is difficult at the moment as I am house sitting my costs are so low that I am not too worried yet. I am enjoying and making myself get out and about and have actually been really busy but would be nice to have a group of people you can call on as friends, though I have made a few friends who have just been so welcoming and lovely, so feel I have done well so far. If you make it out to Oz give me a shout.

Hi Emma 270 - do you fancy a group get together one weekend?

Laura, have mailed you - what a nickname you have!!!! Get in touch and we can meet up and also perhaps we can sort a group thing for everyone that has posted.

Hi Muptig, yes be great to meet up with everyone and as there seem to be a few now would happily help sort a day we could all get together.

Well, guys you have all made me feel much better and I can only apologise again for the delay response. Hope to hear from you soon.

If your interested in a get together then drop me a mail directly and we can start to sort something out.

Many thanks, Cara

Hi

A meet up sounds good! WHat ideas do you have?

xx

Guest helsbels

Hi Cara

I am 34 and have lived in Perth for 10 years and still don't have many friends. So I would love to catch up with everyone.

Let me know what you decide to do and I will tag along if that's ok :smile:

Guest emma270

Hi Helsbels

I am 31 and lived here for 4 years and have struggled too! Where abouts do you live? I am in Yanchep

Guest Cara Kimber

OK Guys - so I am thinking it is time to start a new post to let people know what we are doing. I must say I not feeling so lonely now - what a great response from people. I am going to be up in Two Rocks, so doubt anyone will want to travel up there. So I figured if we thought about a bbq at one the beaches closer to Perth, maybe City Beach or North Beach or Cottesloe - any suggestions. Somewhere that has a few bbq's and a nice area for us all to sit around and have a chat and a laugh - who is bringing the ball games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I am going to start a "30 something bbq thread" but if none of you mind as we have a request from MyLadysO/H who is 87, I guess if you feel 30 then that counts and we wont be completely agist!!! Or even singleist, lets face it I guess we all just want to meet people whoever they are. So here it goes guys - let me know your ideas though. Am thinking the weekend of 18th / 19th April. Look forward to hearing from you all. TTFN.

Guest Cara Kimber

So guys - I have just been looking at the on-line calendar here on PIO - why didn't someone tell me!!!!!!!!! So there is already a get together organised on the 19th in Perth - have a look at the calendar - I reckon this is the best place for us all to start, what do you think. People who are already doing this sort of thing and then if we want to do a purely singles one later, then that is an option also. I am going to get my name put donw for this one, have a look everyone and let me know if you going, we can chat before. Look forward to meeting some of you. Take care, Cara

Guest emma270

Im up for that. Mullaloo have a nice park area on the beach. ARe you in Two Rocks yet? I have 2 little ones coming along too if thats ok? xx

Guest Cara Kimber

Hi - I arrive in Two Rocks tomorrow - give me a call - 0410752811. Cheers, C

Im up for that. Mullaloo have a nice park area on the beach. ARe you in Two Rocks yet? I have 2 little ones coming along too if thats ok? xx

Archived