lonely in Mornington, Melbourne

Guest PatnKev

Guest PatnKev

Hi. Are there any ladies out there who would like to catch up for a coffee, cake and a gossip? Glass or two of wine, maybe a bit of lunch and a good old chat? I am in my 40s, desperately trying to get work (the recruitment agencies are 'interesting' here) no children, having a great life but no one nearby to chat about it to! I promise I am not a 'nutter', just a bit lonely!

Me and the other half have been here nearly 12 months and love living here, wots not to love - the beaches, the views, the coffee, the cakes. We came over from Manchester last March and it was the best and maddest decision we have ever made. Oh, one last thing, does anyone know a good hairdresser? thanks for reading x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Pat

There are quite a few who meet up, if you want to pm me I will try and get something arranged!!

Also Britvics are talking about a meet in Mornington next month it would be great if you could come along.

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi Pat,

Sorry I am not over there as yet, but would love to meet up once we get there if your interested. I have made another friend on here already who also sounds lovely so this is a great place to meet people even before we head over and we are really looking forward to meeting them.

So if your interested once we make it over there, I am Andi (Andrea) we have been going through this process for 2 years now, and OH is a carpenter and has a job offer in Mornington, so this is definately where we are heading, we have done our PCs and Meds, so just waiting for a CO now, but got caught up in this new rule change on 1st Jan, so still sitting here waiting:arghh:, but in the meantime, chin up, and I am sure someone already there would love to meet and have a chat (I only wish it was me) I am in my 30s, OH a bit older and we have two girls one nearly 9 and the other nearly 5.

Take care.

Andi.xx

Guest lolajays

Were are comming for a recci in MAy and Mornington is one place we will be visiting if you want to meet for a coffee then we would love to meet you!

Hi Pat

We are hoping to go to a meet up in Mornington on March 1st with the Britvicers, hoping to get some more details confirmed this week. We are a bit further away just out of Frankston but would be great to see you there... I am also not a nutter (I think)!

Guest nejpinkett

Hi pat

Will be moving over to melbourne sometime between July and Oct. We are hoping to live in Mornington or Mount Eliza. All dependent on where we get teaching jobs. Can't wait to get out there. Would be nice to have someone to call for a coffee or wine. I have 2 children but husband a good baby sitter. will let you know when I get there.

natalie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kate Edwards

Hi Pat, and every one else

What is a Britvicer???!!! Is it another group?

I have been here in Mount Martha for 8 weeks now I have 2 boys, one in Prep and one joined at the hip.... he is 2! I have only just stopped rushing around getting sorted and now think right what can I do now?! I am sure and can see you have been un indated but if you have joined a group or need nights or days out let me know! I am mid 30's oh bit younger works in the city so he is out early and back late!

Hope your worn out from nights out.....

K xx

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi Pat, and every one else

What is a Britvicer???!!! Is it another group?

I have been here in Mount Martha for 8 weeks now I have 2 boys, one in Prep and one joined at the hip.... he is 2! I have only just stopped rushing around getting sorted and now think right what can I do now?! I am sure and can see you have been un indated but if you have joined a group or need nights or days out let me know! I am mid 30's oh bit younger works in the city so he is out early and back late!

Hope your worn out from nights out.....

K xx

Hi Kate

Yes Britvics is another group solely for people interested in Victoria, one of the fellow PIO members (Bordy) runs the site and like PIO it is a very friendly group. Here is their website: Britvics

Regards

Kate

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zoensim
Hi. Are there any ladies out there who would like to catch up for a coffee, cake and a gossip? Glass or two of wine, maybe a bit of lunch and a good old chat? I am in my 40s, desperately trying to get work (the recruitment agencies are 'interesting' here) no children, having a great life but no one nearby to chat about it to! I promise I am not a 'nutter', just a bit lonely!

Me and the other half have been here nearly 12 months and love living here, wots not to love - the beaches, the views, the coffee, the cakes. We came over from Manchester last March and it was the best and maddest decision we have ever made. Oh, one last thing, does anyone know a good hairdresser? thanks for reading x

Hi we moved here about 6 weeks ago I would love to meet you for coffee. I am getting a bit fed up of my own company now. Had few problems sorting out schools but my youngest is finally off to school on Monday so will have lots of spare time. Let me know if you'd like to meet up.

Did you find an hairdresser, i am desperate.

Zoe

• 11 months later...
Guest Nicki

:smile:Hi Would love to meet for coffee I am also looking for work so have lots of free time my husband and I would love to meet up with more people have been here 13 years kids all grown up we are both in our 40s if you have a social evening we would love to join we also have a few single friends that want to meet more people we have been going to gods kitchen in barkley st, mornington on wed they are starting up a darts evening at the end of march maybe we should all meet up.

Guest ronnie98

Hi Pat, we are buying a house in safety beach, would love a coffee (bottle of wine!) pm me. Adelle 40 ish

Guest ronnie98

weve had problems with schools around mornington, how old is your young one. all the schools seem full for us, our boy is 11

Guest juliemtaylor
weve had problems with schools around mornington, how old is your young one. all the schools seem full for us, our boy is 11

My son has just started Osborne primary in Mount Martha and is doing very well on day 2, was bullied at last school in Uk.. My daughter 13 just started Mornington Secondary College, no probs and very helpful staff..

depends what type of school I think, private ones are full I think with waiting lists.. Mount Eliza and Mornington have open days this week, but you can go round most if you ask..

Julie x

Guest rae848

Hi Pat

I am flying out to Melbourne tomorrow from London & will be going to live with my parents in Mornington. I am in my 40s & have no partner or kids so although I have family over there I will be having to start again with finding friends which is a big thing so I will be a little bit lonely myself in some ways (being back with my parents & seeing my brother & his family including 2 fantastic nieces will be great & thats why I've made the big step of coming to live in Australia but I need to have some time when I'm doing my own thing). I will also be looking for work so it would be good to get some info from people who have already started that process such as how recruitment agencies work. I've been to Mornington a lot over the years so know it well.

Regards

Rachel

Guest ashmalog

Hi there

you may want to PM taniacolin as she is in mornington and been out there since june i think. she is also a hairdresser so that is a bonus for you. I have met with her and her family on several occassions and had wonderful days out. there are quite a few moving to mornington and the surrounding areas so you should be ok for coffee and banter.

Guest PatnKev

Thanks to everyone who responded, it did my heart good to know there are some lovely people out there!! Unfortunately just after posting this note, we moved to Point Cook because of 'him indoors' work and now, due to circumstances I still cant get my head around, we are moving back to the UK. So, good luck and best wishes to you all living 'down under' especially Mornington cos its a gorgeous place. And if you are ever in the UK drop me a note. Thanks again.

Guest ashmalog

so sorry to hear about that, why a move back so soon? they do say you have to give it time but if it beyond your control then it cant be helped.

good luck with everything

all the best

bonnie x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest juliemtaylor

great to meet you finally today Carole, lets hope the Mornington peninsula team grows!!

Julie x

Guest scotty58

I am 51 feeling out of sorts as my son has left home to go to uni. Suffering from empty nest syndrome! I live in Somerville would love to catch up with some people too

Lavina

Guest juliemtaylor

I think a few on here are meeting up next Monday in Mt Eliza, have a look for the recent thread..

Julie x

Archived