Mornington Meet 1st March - Fundraiser

Guest VandT

Hi

We're arranging a fundraiser/meet/sausage sizzle..... on Sunday 1st in Mornington.

There's also a raffle with some generous donations from people & businesses.

Please have a look at the Victoria section for more info.

Hoping for a friendly 5 a side and cricket match as well.

More the merrier and all for a good cause!

Cheers

hi, What a real shame i dont think we will be able to make it, im still not really very well and my son has been picked for a goal keeping course on Sunday morning.If i feeling any better we will try and get over later, what time does it start and wot time will it go on till, where will we find everyone, just bumping up the thread too

Update from Gary and Wendy.....

Ok folks,here is how things stand for the Britvics/Poms in OZ bushfire fundraiser on sunday at Mornington Park.

Were hoping to kick thing off at 11 ish.Here's whats on .

Sausage Sizzle

I was hoping to land some freebies from the supermarkets for the sizzle,but my emails have had no response.Therefore,Wendy and I will be donating the grub for the sizzle,we will cater for about 60 sausage and bread buttys,with sauces to go.I have no real idea how many people will turn up,but just incase it goes big,feel free to bring usual park food just in case we run out at the sizzle.

Home Baking

As I type Wendy is baking up a huge batch of home made Anzac biscuits.If I can keep my hands off them every time her back is turned there might be some left for you lot e2767.gif

If anyone would like to contribute to some home baking,or even just bring a choclate cake down from Coles,go ahead.

TandV's Raffle

Its worth turning up for this alone !!!!!

The prizes -

2 x Hampers Treats from Home http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au/ (Very tempting – a mixture from Paxo, PG Tips, Vimto, Caramac, Minstrels, Branston Pickle, Jelly Babies, Murray Mints, Bisto...)

vouchers for The Art Factory http://www.theartfactory.com.au 5 x $30 gift vouchers

Family Ticket for City River Cruises http://www.cityrivercruises.com.au/ 1 hour sightseeing Cruise

2 double passes for the Carlton Brew House tour - 2 x 2 vouchers plus some free beer vouchers for anyone else who wants to go on the tour http://www.carltonbrewhouse.com.au/Brewhouse.aspx

A spa package from http://www.yoursanctuarydayspa.com.au/home in Brighton - Harmony Package (Classic Facial, Back, Neck & shoulder massage RRP $117 1.5 hours...... oohhhhh)a bottle of Famous Grouse Scotch whisky - Thanks Bordy

a bottle or three - Thanks Missiemo

a weeks free pet boarding via Melbourne Pet Minders - Thanks Karo a voucher would be great

a slab of Jimmy Boag's - Thanks to Amanda & Simon

5 kilos of luggage space UK-Oz (nowt dodgy!) - Thanks to Amanda & Simon

One Family National Sports Museum & MCG Tour

I would like to once again thank Vicky for her hard work on this raffle,she's easily put the most work into the funraiser on her own.And when you add in the fact that she's "In the family way" its even more amazing.Thanks Vick e2828.gif

Cheesy CD lucky dip

Your probably sick of hearing this one,but indulge me one last time.

Rake through your dark recesses of your CD collection,from Bros to that Crazy Frog album the kids insisted you got them,and bring them down,the funnier the better.

All cheesy CD's will be placed in a box,and then its $5 a time to have a lucky dip of someone elses crap.

I originaly asked for them to be wrapped,dont bother about that,I will put stickys with your name on it,so the new owners know where it came from,and you can slag them on the forum.Just a bit of fun.

Sports

This is another undeveloped activity.I will bring down a football and a cricket set,and we will see if we can get a match going,Britvics VS Poms

For the Kids

A few people have mentioned the tradtional egg n spoon race,three legged man race etc.We will bring the gubbings for both.There possibly might be face painting,still working on that one.Sorry,no bouncy castle,I'm trying to stay under the radar of Morningtonshire Council Parkys as much as possible.

General free for all

There has been numerous fund raising ideas,from a book stall to Karo's idea - bring your unwanted households that might be worth a few bob on ebay.If you can set it up yourself,gather interest ,and stick some money in a bucket in the process, go ahead.

Money collections

I will be placing buckets around the place.All I ask is you stick a gold coin,either $1 or $2 thats up to you,for the sizzle.I'm still talking to Vicky on raffle ticket prices.Same goes for any sporting or kids stuff,stick some gold coins of your choice in.

Summary

I dont need to remind you of how good this cause is.The bush fire has been simply horrific.

We all came to Victoria for a new life in the sun and a positive upbringing for our kids.Cant we give something back ?

Bottom line to make this work,we need as many people as possible.Lets say we get 30 families/couples spending $20 for a fun day.Thats $600 straight away.

Ok my fingers are falling off here.Hope to see you all on sunday,and thank you for the support and help in organising this.

Gary

Archived