Gold coast meet up

Guest brooksey

Guest brooksey

Does anybody fancy meeting at the beach on Sunday 15th March at midday.

If so a few of us are going to the spit and taking a cricket bat and football.

Were going to meet next to the pier/pumping station with pack up lunches.

if anybody wants to come but is not sure were abouts it is then pm me.

Go to the main carparks on the right hand side near the end of the spit and walk down the path next to the showers.

Hope to see a few of you there weather permiting.:smile:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to the main carparks on the right hand side near the end of the spit and walk down the path next to the showers.

I`m just setting off mate lol

sarnies mite be a bit stale

Mally

Guest donovan

Hiya brooksey, great idea,about time we had another beach meet, will ask around see if we can gather a few more people

Sarah x

Guest giggles

Hey Brooksey, sounds good to me never been to the spit so that should be good ,pack lunches it is then look forward to it , hope things are better on the job front paul been for interview this morning but the job is in sydney but needs must if he gets it hes off to sydney see u soon tricia, paul jordan and lily-mae

Guest brooksey

There are another 2 or 3 couples who are coming that havent replied on pio so we should have a few there. Anyone else?

Guest tony and sheena

Hi Brooksey, I think we're going to stay over with friends in Brisbane, but nothing final yet. If not, would love to go, will let you know.

Thanks

Sheena

Guest NikiOH

Sorry to put a dampner on your message but was just wondering if the plagues of crickets were still down there? I went there a month ago and couldn't sit anywhere without the little blighters landing on everything!!!! Not a problem I spose if they don't scare you however don't fancy embarassing myself running around screaming like a looney!!!!!

Guest brooksey
Hi Guys,

Please feel free to add it to the calendar and I will aprrove.

Tim

:huh: How do i do that . Never even noticed the calender before.

Guest brooksey
Sorry to put a dampner on your message but was just wondering if the plagues of crickets were still down there? I went there a month ago and couldn't sit anywhere without the little blighters landing on everything!!!! Not a problem I spose if they don't scare you however don't fancy embarassing myself running around screaming like a looney!!!!!

We were down there a couple of weeks ago and only saw the odd one on the fencing going down to the beach. Which was a little dissapointing as they are delicious on the BBQ:yes::wink:

Guest NikiOH
We were down there a couple of weeks ago and only saw the odd one on the fencing going down to the beach. Which was a little dissapointing as they are delicious on the BBQ:yes::wink:

Ooh yuck - bit too crunchy for my liking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest martypomsmith

Hi Brooksey,

Just started using site, arrived on the Gold Coast June last year, yet to find a social life, would love to attend meet on the spit but am flying out to NZ for 2 weeks on that day, will certainly be trying my hardest to attend the next one.

Marty

Hi will see if can get off duty changed Dont play cricket but will be duty first aider if needed :wacko:

Guest brooksey
Hi will see if can get off duty changed Dont play cricket but will be duty first aider if needed

Non of us can actualy play cricket :wacko: . Will Wilf be wearing his budgie smuglers:wideeyed:

Guest snow white
Non of us can actualy play cricket :wacko: . Will Wilf be wearing his budgie smuglers:wideeyed:

well maybe you could try a game of footy if you boys can play that is lol

lesley x

For you anything he did get new ones on his return to uk but can always wear his xmas ones they have had an airing on the spit already

Guest snow white

brooksey how many you got going so far hope your catering for evryones needs you bringing along the esky

lesley x

Guest brooksey

I might force a couple of beers down when the coast guards arn't looking:wink: that way i'm a world beater at cricket and football.

Karen only lets me take a small eskey so i don't end up on surf rescue

She drives back from beach:yes:

Guest snow white

lol well im sure we can distract the coastguards long enough for you to play footy or cricket all in the name of the game of course !!!

its always us women that have to drive back lol

lesley x

Guest MariAndyok

Hopefully we'll be there....we're out thenight before so we may have bad heads...looking forward to it!

Andy & Maria

Archived