Pommy Mates Needed on the Gold Coast

Guest martypomsmith

Guest martypomsmith

Hi,

I am a Brummie Psych Nurse living on the Gold Coast, I arrived in June last year and am working at Robina Hospital. My wife (Linda) and dogs arrived in November, Linda has yet to find work.

Despite 'putting ourselves out there,' we have found it difficult to find friends. Are there any Brits out there in the same boat? we would love to meet up with you.

Marty

• 3 weeks later...

hi there, i am a brummie nurse too, did my training at the QE hospital, now just working for oxley till i decide what i want to do.Live in maudsland , behind pac pines with hubby two kids 12 and 7 and we have just moved from SA where we lived for 18 months. FReel free to pm me if you ever want to catch up, its hard starting over again and i should know i have done it twice lol

all the best julie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jam jar

just wanted to say hi, and welcome to the goldcoast,

where also on pacific pines, me, joanna, OH russell, always happy to meet new

people.

(know exactly what its like when youve just arrived, weve also done it twice!!)

joanna

Guest giggles

Hi guys, hope you are all settleing in well i am tricia 41, hubby paul a carpenter 34, jordan 8 and lily-mae 17 months. We have been living here since nov 08 and are always up for meeting new people we live on the gold coast at a place called hope island and are loving it ,we would never go back to the uk do miss family and friends but hopefully they will comw and see us all the best tricia xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BrerRabbit
Hi,

I am a Brummie Psych Nurse living on the Gold Coast, I arrived in June last year and am working at Robina Hospital. My wife (Linda) and dogs arrived in November, Linda has yet to find work.

Despite 'putting ourselves out there,' we have found it difficult to find friends. Are there any Brits out there in the same boat? we would love to meet up with you.

Marty

Hi Marty

We're living at Bonogin in the hinterland behing Mudgeeraba and Robina. Been on the Coast since Oct 2007 and in Sydney before that - would be good to catch up - we're a family of 4, husband John is 36, I'm 39, a boy aged 9 and a girl aged 5. It can be hard to get that social circle going, let us know where you are and if you fancy getting together,

Zoe :)

Guest snow white

hi marty

great to meet you and the family at our barbie hope you all enjoyed yourselves dont forget where we are when the mrs has too do her return trip your always welcome round for a beer mate

no worries and me and linda can play catch up when she gets back

lesley x

Guest snow white
Hi,

Marty[/quot

My wife Sally is working as mental health nurse at Robina, she is in youth/adolescent ward, She started in early Feb.

Jonny

oi how long have ii been asking you out for a drink still waiting lol hows work going

lesley x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lesley Connor

Hi Marty

My name is Lesley (aged 37 and 3/4) and I loved your message, we are new to the Gold Coast (5 months in Oz) and felt that we have tried a bit to make some friends but it is not quite as easy as I thought. I dont know when you posted your message, so maybe you have zillions of freinds now and dont want any more but if by chance you have a spare minute maybe you could contact me. My husband is simon who is 36 and we have a great little boy of 20 months called Luca. I started at Bond university in January this year. Simon is not yet working and is a full time day, looking for work.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Lesley

X:hug:

Guest Lesley Connor

Hi Marty

I am Lesley, my hubby Simon and baby (20 months) Luca moved to Arundel a few months ago. I attempted to send a reply to your message a while ago but being new to PIO I think I got it wrong. Well, anyway, we are up for meeting some people local, or maybe you now have zillions of friends in Oz through PIO!!!!!!!!! lol Lesley X

Guest snow white
Hi Marty

I am Lesley, my hubby Simon and baby (20 months) Luca moved to Arundel a few months ago. I attempted to send a reply to your message a while ago but being new to PIO I think I got it wrong. Well, anyway, we are up for meeting some people local, or maybe you now have zillions of friends in Oz through PIO!!!!!!!!! lol Lesley X

Hi Lesley

Just read your message your welcome to call at ours anytime your in pacific pines or can meet up for coffee in helensvale

Lesley x

Guest Lesley Connor
Hi Lesley

Just read your message your welcome to call at ours anytime your in pacific pines or can meet up for coffee in helensvale

Lesley x

Hi

Nice to hear from you, we live in Tee Trees in Arundel, just 5 minutes from Helensvale. Love to meet up. We are off camping tomorrow for about 8 days, are you about next week anytime after next Tuesday??? Would be GREAT to have a coffee and a chat to another POM.

Love from Lesley

X:biggrin:

Guest snow white
Hi,

Marty

hi marty

great to meet you and the family has linda returned to uk yet?? steve was checking to see when you fancied a beer lol

let me know

lesley x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest martypomsmith

Hi Lesley,

Sorry it's taken soo long to reply, which area are you living in?

Unfortunately Linda has returned to England for a while, she was unable to find work over here and felt that she had unfinished business over there.

Yea it would be good to meet up.

let me know when you are all free.

Marty

Guest snow white
Hi Lesley,

Sorry it's taken soo long to reply, which area are you living in?

Unfortunately Linda has returned to England for a while, she was unable to find work over here and felt that she had unfinished business over there.

Yea it would be good to meet up.

let me know when you are all free.

Marty

still living in pacific pines met you at the barbecue and your lovely wife linda thought she would have been back to england by now you will have to call in for a few beers and a chat to steve anytime your around my way

lesley x

We arrive in July and my OH is psychologist who will be working at the extended treatment center (oz spelling) in Robina.

Would be great to meet up with everyone (we are from just outside brum, wolves side I am afraid martin) when we get their.

Sean and Rach

Hey

We are moving to Pacific pines on 31st Aug and would love to get to know some people before we arrive....PM for a chat

We are Carly (27) Lee (26) George (6) Alfie (4) and Harry (2)

Be great to hear from anyone

Carly, Lee and Boys

Guest snow white
Hey

We are moving to Pacific pines on 31st Aug and would love to get to know some people before we arrive....PM for a chat

We are Carly (27) Lee (26) George (6) Alfie (4) and Harry (2)

Be great to hear from anyone

Carly, Lee and Boys

hi carly

not long for you then bet you cant wait

lesley x

Guest snow white
We are all so excited, I am getting a bit worried about Lee geting a job but trying to remain positive about that, other then that little worry we are all over the moon.

Carly Lee and Boys

what does lee do?

were on pac pines but im sure ive told you that before kids love it so much here make sure you give me a shout when you get here glass wine and a beer waiting i know how hard it is when you get here and are needing to find your way around

lesley x

Archived