Holiday Rental for how long?

Que Sera Sera

We are going to book a holiday rental for when we first arrive in Australia, but the 64,000 dollar question is for how long? How long does it realistically take to secure a longer term rental, we are thinking of Bayside Brisbane, Redcliffe Peninsula or Sunshine Coast at the moment depending on OH job.

Guest brooksey

We had 3 weeks which was more than enough if you know your areas. Our biggest problem was never been to Qld before so finding the right spot was a panic. Getting a rental and everything else was easy. It's just finding the suburb you like that is a nightmare if you havn't got a clue.

Guest brooksey

No. And we have a dog. We offered them 3 months in advance and told estate agent that Morris was an outside dog. No worries.

Guest gary12

We had ours for 3 weeks aswell but were out in less then two. As brooksey said do your research and try to narrow down the areas you like (as best you can over the internet). Also check risks etc, it turns out our dream area is in one of the worst bushfire risk areas you can get yet when we asked the landlord said 'ooh no need to worry' we moved in on the Friday the day before the awful fires thankfully we were able to move back to the holiday let. We also made a final choice of homes we wanted to view the day before we left England, then when we arrived we drove round all of them within the first day or so and made appointments for those we liked, trust me there is some very clever photography! Then we paid 5 months rent in advance and were in within a week.

we also have a cat but that made no difference.

best of luck

Michelle

i did three weeks holiday let as well, was plenty enought.

Can also agree that it was no problem finding a rental, i offered 6 months rent up front without asking whether it was needed and the rental people said i'd be better of keeping the money in the bank and just paying the normal 2 weeks upfront plus bond lol

Archived