Perth meet

Guest prettyinpink

Guest prettyinpink
Hi Janette,

We are looking forward to it. What shall we bring?

Thanks, Lorna

Hiya Lorna, sorry if I've already replied.....I think I'm starting to lose the plot lol

We will be bringing meat for the bbq, blankets to flop on and picnic type stuff. Just bring whatever you want to eat and I'm sure we'll all be sharing anyway.

Janette

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest prettyinpink
Dear Janette,

I tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full, so just wanted to say that we know where King's park is and we have sat nav to get there O.K.

We're staying up in Quinns at the minute but have just got a long-term rent in Duncraig.

Thanks very much and see you there.

Jillian

Sorry :unsure:

Have sorted inbox now

Janette

Guest prettyinpink
Hi All,

Will there be another meet soon?we arrive in Perth on the 25th,so hopefully go to the next one :)

Thanks Geoff & Jacqui

Yeah I'm sure there will be another meet guys. It would be good if this could be a regular thing. We've been here 7 months and this is the first one we've been to.

Hope everything goes smoothly for your arrival.

Guest jamie&hayley

Hi we're Jamie and Hayley form Middlesbrough (originally)

Living in Port Kennedy as of January and after several weeks of DIY and family stuff were dying to meet new friends.

Haven't been on the site in a while as I've just installed the internet.

We'd love to come along anbd meet new people so will see you all Sunday @ 1pm.

Cheers,

Guest prettyinpink
Hi we're Jamie and Hayley form Middlesbrough (originally)

Living in Port Kennedy as of January and after several weeks of DIY and family stuff were dying to meet new friends.

Haven't been on the site in a while as I've just installed the internet.

We'd love to come along anbd meet new people so will see you all Sunday @ 1pm.

Cheers,

Hiya guys - have sent you a pm.

We now have 32 people (families / couples / singles) who have said they are coming so it should be a fairly big meet. I think I have given everyone my mobile number if there are any problems. I will be offline now until Sunday morning as I'm moving house tomorrow - yeah great timing eh? :biglaugh:

So if anyone needs any info, please call.......otherwise I shall see you all on Sunday

Janette x

Oh just a thought, I know a few of us will be taking bbq and picnic stuff but there is Sticky Beaks cafe there too, if you'd rather have cake and a coffee.

We won't be there our rellies are going home that day

I can't make it either............... got Home-Opens to conduct in the afternoon.

Hope you all have a great get-together and that the weather holds out for you. It's looking a bit gloomy and overcast today; wouldn't surprise me if we're in for a spot of rain............ let's hope you get loads of sunshine tomorrow. It's usually good craic up there.

Hi Everyone!!

We have been in Perth on our reccie/vacation for 5 days now and have just popped into internet cafe in the city before heading to Northbridge for some grub!! Were looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow, hopefully we wont have sore heads from our night out tonight!!!

See you all there!!! xx

Guest guest17301

Yes thanks Janette! A good meet with great turnout. Nice to meet you all, Steve and Gina and everyone else. Sorry to all I didn't speak to but my 3 year old was busy being 3!

Yes thanks Janette! A good meet with great turnout. Nice to meet you all, Steve and Gina and everyone else. Sorry to all I didn't speak to but my 3 year old was busy being 3!

Oops :goofy: sorry Janette, where did I get Janine from ... and I haven't been drinking either.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon. x

ill second that my 2 year old would not sit down at all , bless think we spoke to 2 people, next time we will leave her at home lol... she loved the park though ! thanks jenette,

Guest Lou76

I'll second that, we had a lovely afternoon! Cheers Janette, hope to see everyone again soon

Helen, Andy & Amelie

Guest jodie_dirk

Thanks for a brilliant time today Janette. what a great turnout!!! got to talk to alot of people, it was a great crowd.

Look forward to a girlie night out and the next meet up.

good luck to all who are applying for visas and i will help to the best of my ability with any questions anyone has who is new to OZ as i know how it is when you first arrive.

Best wishes to all, Jodie, Dirk, Emily and Evie Safiya XXX

Guest guest17301
Had a really enjoyable time , shame we didn't get around more people , next time i think we should wear name stickers , usernames and real names x

I was the one with the fluffy dog, wearing a collar .....me and the dog x

That's what we said on the way home Jo...don't think we realised how big it would be! Good on ya Janette for pulling it together, x

Thanks Janette for organising the meet. We are so glad we were here for it.

We met some great people and we think that the meet has just comfirmed our decision to apply for our visas, arghhhhhhhhhhhh!:arghh:

Thanks to Verina and Dave for all the info you gave us and also to Gina and Steve for your advice and thoughts on Yanchep. Also a big thank-you to everyone else we spoke to. Just a shame we didnt get to speak to everyone. Maybe we will be here for one in the future.

Thanks again, Lorna and Leon.

Guest jillandsi

Big thanks to Janette from us also, had a fabulous time, am so glad we went. We met some brilliant people who we'll hopefully see again soon, the children had a blast and were shattered by bed time.

Thanks again for setting it up Janette.

Jillian, Simon, Libby and Sara

Guest prettyinpink

Hiya everyone.

I'm so glad everyone had a great time. As my first meet, I had a blast and met some lovely people. It was great to put faces to names and posts. Maybe next time we should do the name tags think like Jo and Fiona suggested.

Well, as most of you knew I had only moved house the previous day (big thanks to Jo, Mike and the kids for helping), and so if I seemed like I had lost the plot........I had! lol

But it's all good, we're feeling a big more relaxed now, even though we're surrounded by 10 million boxes. Oh, and I got a job offer today too.

Big big thanks again for everyone who took time out of their busy schedule to come along.

After a head count, we reckoned there were 60 + at the meet.

Perhaps we should make it a regular thing?

Archived