My dog Has gone

The Bray Family

Hi Everyone

We took the dog to heathrow last night for her flight.We had to wait 45minutes to take her in, then got told live animals should be taken in within 15 minutes of arriving.I was expecting to take her to an animal part but was suprised it was a cargo depot. I put ther blanket and a t-shirt i had been wearing the day before in her crate. She went into her crate no problem.Then we left i am hoping she is fine on her flight can't wait to ring quarantine to check she has arrived safely.

Sarah

Guest carmen
Hi Everyone

We took the dog to heathrow last night for her flight.We had to wait 45minutes to take her in, then got told live animals should be taken in within 15 minutes of arriving.I was expecting to take her to an animal part but was suprised it was a cargo depot. I put ther blanket and a t-shirt i had been wearing the day before in her crate. She went into her crate no problem.Then we left i am hoping she is fine on her flight can't wait to ring quarantine to check she has arrived safely.

Sarah

i have lump in my throat writing,we had to leave our beautiful boxer in england, we had two dogs, holly our boxer and our staffy x jessy, when we decided to make the move to oz, we said we where all going, and my theory behind all this was that we chose to have them as part of our family, and they would be coming too. they both should of left 1 week before us, but kept failing their bloods, our flights where booked and we had to leave,so the girls went to stay with my husbands parents, we got our vet from the uk to test them every week, this went on for about 6 weeks, we booked them both in perth quarantine twice, only to cancel twice, then jess got to a passable rate,and was flown out, she had to spend 4 weeks in sydney then be flown to perth, it was a reunion i will never forget, we where so pleased to see her, as for holly she is still in the uk with my husbands parents, being totally spoilt, just recently we have managed to get the net in our area, so we now see her on web cam weekly.:laugh: i just want to say, good luck sarah, and let us know when shes arrived with you safe and sound.

Guest Graham&kym

Our two hounds started their 'pre-flight' 6 months before traveling. This allowed all bloods etc to be cleared, all vaccinations to be completed. They were collected from home, and flown to Oz, ariving in Byford Aqis quarrantine safely where they spent 30 days. We were able to visit and exercise every day mon to fri for this period and then....freedom to run on Perths northern beaches and enjoy a little Oz summer! All went smoothly and I would highly reccomend regardless of the small costs involved.

Hi Everyone

Sarah

I'm sure she will be okay, it's such a worrying time, we were exactly the same when we bought our dog over and she was 14 years old at the time, it will be so great when you have her back with you all and then you can just sit back and relax and cuddle her again. It's one of those times when you just wish the next month was over and done with. good luck and let us know when she's back with you.

Guest Travelling Nomad

Hi there we are taking both our dogs, I was wondering who you went through or did you do it yourself. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Guest benedict1
Just to update everyone Tilly arrived safe and well.Had an email from Dogwalkers this morning.can't wait till we get her back.

sarah

Relieved and pleased for you all!!!!

:smile:

Hi there we are taking both our dogs, I was wondering who you went through or did you do it yourself. Any info would be great.

Thanks

We used jets4pets they where the cheapest.Depends on what you want our vet did the bloods and pre flight check. We also took her to Heathrow this kept the price down a bit.Althought we have still have to organise the flight from Sydney to Brisbane

Guest mackemsok
i have lump in my throat writing,we had to leave our beautiful boxer in england, we had two dogs, holly our boxer and our staffy x jessy, when we decided to make the move to oz, we said we where all going, and my theory behind all this was that we chose to have them as part of our family, and they would be coming too. they both should of left 1 week before us, but kept failing their bloods, our flights where booked and we had to leave,so the girls went to stay with my husbands parents, we got our vet from the uk to test them every week, this went on for about 6 weeks, we booked them both in perth quarantine twice, only to cancel twice, then jess got to a passable rate,and was flown out, she had to spend 4 weeks in sydney then be flown to perth, it was a reunion i will never forget, we where so pleased to see her, as for holly she is still in the uk with my husbands parents, being totally spoilt, just recently we have managed to get the net in our area, so we now see her on web cam weekly.:laugh: i just want to say, good luck sarah, and let us know when shes arrived with you safe and sound.

I am in a similar situation - my beloved 2 border terriers were due to fly from Newcastle last Monday. I flew out on the Saturday so they were staying with mother in law. When the dogs arrived at Newcastle to fly to Heathrow the jobs-worth guy wouldnt let them board becasue the kennel was slightly too small - even though we had the kennel for 2 weeks prior to get them used to it and we were happy with the size. So I was called by the shipping agent (ARRRRRHHH) to ask for a further 350 quid to get a bigger kennel. Paid this as I love my dogs and was mortified that the original kennel was not big enough. Dogs flew the next day to Heathrow....only to be refused entry on flight to Singapore - because the shipping agent vet cocked up at the last minute!!!!!

Dogs planned to fly out Saturday to arrive Monday - oh now been told they cannot fly out on weekends!!!! So they are now in kennels in Heathrow - but I have been assurred that the kennels are top class. Now the plan is for them to fly out Monday - but I am in the hands of a useless agent and God.

So am praying that it happens and I eventually get them in Perth for Wednesday........

Sorry to bleat on - just needed to get this off my chest - anyone reading this keep your fingers crossed for my little babies Bud and Stella

XX

I am in a similar situation - my beloved 2 border terriers were due to fly from Newcastle last Monday. I flew out on the Saturday so they were staying with mother in law. When the dogs arrived at Newcastle to fly to Heathrow the jobs-worth guy wouldnt let them board becasue the kennel was slightly too small - even though we had the kennel for 2 weeks prior to get them used to it and we were happy with the size. So I was called by the shipping agent (ARRRRRHHH) to ask for a further 350 quid to get a bigger kennel. Paid this as I love my dogs and was mortified that the original kennel was not big enough. Dogs flew the next day to Heathrow....only to be refused entry on flight to Singapore - because the shipping agent vet cocked up at the last minute!!!!!

Dogs planned to fly out Saturday to arrive Monday - oh now been told they cannot fly out on weekends!!!! So they are now in kennels in Heathrow - but I have been assurred that the kennels are top class. Now the plan is for them to fly out Monday - but I am in the hands of a useless agent and God.

So am praying that it happens and I eventually get them in Perth for Wednesday........

Sorry to bleat on - just needed to get this off my chest - anyone reading this keep your fingers crossed for my little babies Bud and Stella

XX

I GET THEM, you wont see em if you are workin byford nick is only open 1130 till 12 weekdays and closed at weekends send em a dog sausage with a file in so they can break out lol

Guest SEFFnSARAH

I'm sure everything will be fine. We made the heartbreaking decision to leave our Jack Russell behind. By they time we finally go she would have been 8 and being such a wussy house dog she would never have stood the flight and quarantine. I couldn't have put her thru it. I wanted to keep her til as close to when we go as we could but we were let down by a friend who was having her in August last year when we went on holiday. In the end we were too late to get her in kennels but managed to get an old lady to have her. She kept her and it was love at first sight. It broke my heart but better she is with someone than leave it to the last minute for selfish reasons and then not be able to find anyone.

Just think of the end - walks along the beach, in the sunshine and it will keep you going. At least you won't be like me - I've been promised another when we get our own place - considering we will be renting to start with we could be looking at 10yrs time!!

Sarah x

Glad to hear Tilly has arrived at the other end safe and sound.

I think we find flying out our dogs harder than they do. My two collies fly out on the 20th April and I can't help but worry about them. They have never been in kennels in their life and are spoilt rotten. The young one is such a wuss but he will have his mam with him at least.

Hope Tilly enjoys her new life down under.

Ali

Archived