Volunteering may help finding your feet in WA

Guest Guruju

Guest Guruju

Hi All

Many posts on this site have expressed isolation particularly where one partner is working and the other is not. Volunteering may be a way to feel productive and meet new people who can help with the adjustment of finding your way around how things are done in WA.

Volunteering WA - Home Volunteering Western Australia opportunities is a website that can help you locate, by interest and by geographical area volunteering positions that may be of interest.

You can learn/refresh skills that may be useful in finding work (plus get referees) and build a social support network through volunteering.

Just an idea - if you give it a go, post back and let us know how you went and if it helped.

Cheers

Julia

Great idea Julia!

Things like the SES and RFS are good iconic "aussie" volunteer services and then you have organizations like Lifeline which will give you very marketable skills if you want to move out into the workforce.

I looked into doing some voluntary work whilst i was in Oz last year but because i was only there for 12 weeks no one wanted me :(

If i can fit something in around work (if i manage to get a job) i would def consider this as it would be a great way to meet people.

Emma

x

Archived