family sponsor advice

janmal

we lodged our 176 family sponsored oct 08 and we are aware we are bottom of the visa pile and prepared to wait, my question is my aunt is our sponsor without going into detail is not in the best of health at the moment, if her health deterioates before or during the visa process, would this affect our visa application i.e do case officers make contact with the sponsor.any help or advice would be appreciated.

Guest Wenders

Hi Janmal,

We too are on a family sponsor, lodged Sept 08 and have accepted we are at the bottom of the list and have to wait.......frustrating as it is!!

I dont have the answer for you but I havent heard that they contact relies. My Sister is sponsoring my O/H. She had to complete forms and submit a family tree to explain the relationship. Im not sure if her forms consisted of any health questions either.

I just wanted to say good luck and lets hope the situation changes sooner rather than later and we can all get on with our plans & dreams.

Im sure someone on here will have the answer for you though.

All the best for you and your family.

Guest Thilosh

Hi

I asked the same question on this forum as to whether sponsor is contacted, and was told that they didn't. Not sure if that is always the case.

Regards

Thilosh

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Janmal

The need for either a family or a State sponsor is a time of decision requrement with the sc176 visa. It is not a time of application requirement.

A family sponsor undertakes that if the sc 176 holders should fall on hard times during their first two years in Australia, the Sponsor will personally see to it that the sponsored family is provided with adequate accommodation, food, clothing and enough cash to get by on so that the new migrants will not be eligible for any sort of emergency assistance from Centrelink (social security) instead.

You have said in another thread that your aunt has terminal cancer. What answer did she provide in Question 43 of the sponsorship form?

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1277.pdf

If her health deteriorates to the point where she would be unable to fulfil her sponsorship undertaking should the need to do so arise then there is a duty to inform the Department of a material change of circumstances. This is done by completing Form 1022 and sending it to the ASPC.

However because the Sponsor's health is not relevant until the time when the CO is ready to make a decision about whether or not to grant the visa, you have 3 options:

1. Wait & see what happens but be mindful of the point I have made above.

2. Ask your aunt's husband to sponsor you instead - you can change the identity of the sponsor and the Department would be very sympathetic in this situation.

3. See whether you can obtain State Sponsorship for a sc 176 visa instead. A link to all the State/Territory websites is below:

State & Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

Several States will consider State Sponsorship even if your occupation is not on their sc 176 List provided that you can produce a job offer from an employer in the relevant State. This is not QLD's stated Policy but in the circumstances they might be willing to co-operate if you can produce a job offer from a school in QLD.

Whether or not DIAC would make any independent enquiries about your aunt is irrelevant. You and she have a duty to disclose the truth to DIAC at the relevant time, which is not until a CO makes contact to ask you to get your meds done etc.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Janmal

The need for either a family or a State sponsor is a time of decision requrement with the sc176 visa. It is not a time of application requirement.

A family sponsor undertakes that if the sc 176 holders should fall on hard times during their first two years in Australia, the Sponsor will personally see to it that the sponsored family is provided with adequate accommodation, food, clothing and enough cash to get by on so that the new migrants will not be eligible for any sort of emergency assistance from Centrelink (social security) instead.

You have said in another thread that your aunt has terminal cancer. What answer did she provide in Question 43 of the sponsorship form?

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1277.pdf

If her health deteriorates to the point where she would be unable to fulfil her sponsorship undertaking should the need to do so arise then there is a duty to inform the Department of a material change of circumstances. This is done by completing Form 1022 and sending it to the ASPC.

However because the Sponsor's health is not relevant until the time when the CO is ready to make a decision about whether or not to grant the visa, you have 3 options:

1. Wait & see what happens but be mindful of the point I have made above.

2. Ask your aunt's husband to sponsor you instead - you can change the identity of the sponsor and the Department would be very sympathetic in this situation.

3. See whether you can obtain State Sponsorship for a sc 176 visa instead. A link to all the State/Territory websites is below:

State & Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

Several States will consider State Sponsorship even if your occupation is not on their sc 176 List provided that you can produce a job offer from an employer in the relevant State. This is not QLD's stated Policy but in the circumstances they might be willing to co-operate if you can produce a job offer from a school in QLD.

Whether or not DIAC would make any independent enquiries about your aunt is irrelevant. You and she have a duty to disclose the truth to DIAC at the relevant time, which is not until a CO makes contact to ask you to get your meds done etc.

Best wishes

Gill

thanks gill for the reply and advice, we now have an idea of what to do should things change in our visa application, its my wifes aunt and i was under the impression the cancer was terminal but luckily its not but she is still poorly, sorry for misleading you.

Archived