SA State Sponsorship - Are you waiting

Guest The "legdes"

Just checked the SA site again and it just says we have to be under 45 when we apply to DIAC -well WE WERE !!!!! ....arghhhhhh

Contacting our agent at 9am to get this sorted - why do we always seem to get the bad breaks ? Just look at what happened to us with the CSL ! Really fed up of all this now !

This is crazy, fingers crossed hun, that your agent will be able to get something moving for you! Like you say the age wasn't a problem when you first applied to DIAC, Good luck hun. Let us know what they say, :hug:

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The "legdes"

Hi Mel,

Just spoke to the agent. He says SA have made a mistake and he contacted them yesterday but no reply yet. Apparently the age is only for the DIAC application and so long as DIAC are happy (and they are as my OH was only just 44) there shouldn't be a problem from them about age.

I'm praying that they just realise this and give us the thumbs up - but guess even if they do it'll be next Tues at the earliest before we hear. Thanks SA - another spoiled weekend spent with us hanging in the balance. Have lost count of how many times this sort of thing has happened to us. Feeling really low but all your messages are helping so keep them coming.

Hi Mel,

Just spoke to the agent. He says SA have made a mistake and he contacted them yesterday but no reply yet. Apparently the age is only for the DIAC application and so long as DIAC are happy (and they are as my OH was only just 44) there shouldn't be a problem from them about age.

I'm praying that they just realise this and give us the thumbs up - but guess even if they do it'll be next Tues at the earliest before we hear. Thanks SA - another spoiled weekend spent with us hanging in the balance. Have lost count of how many times this sort of thing has happened to us. Feeling really low but all your messages are helping so keep them coming.

hugs004.gifAre being sent to you right now hun! x

Guest Mel.R
Hi Mel,

I will keep my fingers crossed as I'm sure will everyone else.

Wish you lived nearer - I would invite you round to drink an unlimted supply of wine!!!!!

Take care hun

Mel

xxxx

Guest The "legdes"

Dawny/Mel,

Thanks so much - you're such good support - you've made me cry. I could really do with that hug and a bottle of wine right now.

As soon as we hear something I'll let you know - just say some prayers for us .

Caroline

Guest Mel.R
Dawny/Mel,

Thanks so much - you're such good support - you've made me cry. I could really do with that hug and a bottle of wine right now.

Caroline

Please don't cry - I know that is so easy for me to say - Believe me i am the worlds worst for crying!!!!!

Whatever happens you will get there in the end - you deserve it so much. And no matter what we will end up having a good few bottles of wine in the aussie sunshine together and will all end up laughing about all the traumas that we had in getting there.

It will all be worth it in the end. Just keep focused on the end goal.

Mel

xxxxx

Dawny/Mel,

Caroline

If you lived closer hun i would share the hug and a couple of bottles of wine!

Stay positive im sure your agent will get straight on the case and the next thread you start will be a cause for celebration! (Then i can post another sparkley hun) :hug:

Hiya

Hope I'm not too late to join the party!!

Applied 13 March

Docs received 9th April

6-8week wait from 9-4-09

Can I come to the party when we all get there?!!:biggrin:

Lisa

X

Hiya

Applied 13 March

Docs received 9th April

6-8week wait from 9-4-09

Lisa

X

Of course you can!! The more the merrier xx

Thanks Dawny

Hey I've just read back on this post, I skipped read before. CONGRATS DAWNY!! I can't believe it came through so quick, I bet you're flying aren't you!! I haven't even bothered looking at my application since I lodged it cause I thought we'd be waiting forever!! So as soon as I get home from work I'll be looking!!

I'll be glad when I get back to some kind of normality!! not that I ever was normal, but you know what I mean!!

Lisa

X

Thanks Dawny

Hey I've just read back on this post, I skipped read before. CONGRATS DAWNY!! I can't believe it came through so quick, I bet you're flying aren't you!! I haven't even bothered looking at my application since I lodged it cause I thought we'd be waiting forever!! So as soon as I get home from work I'll be looking!!

I'll be glad when I get back to some kind of normality!! not that I ever was normal, but you know what I mean!!

Lisa

X

lol, Lisa, I know exactly what you mean. Whats normal :arghh:, Now check that tracking hun xx

Hi all been on late shift so no time to look on pio congrats to all who have recieved there sa ss approval .We are still waiting application reciceved 24.03.09 all hard copies recieved 16.04.09 6-8 weeks wait , can't wait going for meds on 07.05.09 wish us luck

cheers paddy, michelle, molly & poppy wishing we were there:yes:

Hi all been on late shift so no time to look on pio congrats to all who have recieved there sa ss approval .We are still waiting application reciceved 24.03.09 all hard copies recieved 16.04.09 6-8 weeks wait , can't wait going for meds on 07.05.09 wish us luck

Hi there, and many thanks!

Fingers crossed you won't be waiting too long, They seem to be pushing them through fairly quick, Good luck for your meds :hug:

Guest Mel.R

Hi

Good luck - hope it all works out!!

Mx

Guest The "legdes"

Hi L1sa,

Oh definately not too late to join the party ! Just added you on . Be sure to update us when you hear (probably about a week from now - about the same as damo and katy ) .

Caroline

chidge10--------------------------04/03---------------16/03---------------176.....granted 24/4 (40 days)

Mariana---------------------------04/03---------------16/03---------------475...granted 22/4 ? (5 weeks ?)

daffodil50@hotmail.co.uk-------04/03-----------------/--

Mel.R------------------------------17/03---------------25/03 .......granted 28/4 (43 days)

mily----------------------------------/------------------25/03

The "legdes"----------------------23/03---------------02/04---------------176 rejected... 30/4 ... quering as weren't over the DIAC age limit 30/4.........

tigers08---------------------------23/03---------------02/04

Dawny-----------------------------24/03---------------06/04---------------176 granted 30/04 (25 days)

L1sa---------------------------------13/3---------------19/04--------------

damo---------------------------------/------------------09/04---------------176

katypritchard----------------------27/03---------------09/04[/img]

Caroline

Hiya

Applied 13 March

Docs received 9th April

6-8week wait from 9-4-09

Lisa

X

Guest damo

Hi all! I just checked my app and still the same 6-8 weeks message. They recieved my docs 09/04 so I reckon I should hear by late next week.

Fingers crossed!

Damo

Guest Mel.R

Interesting article in on the Adelaide Now website regarding developments that they hope to start in 2010. If you scroll down almost to the end of the article it states:

"A construction workforce averaging 4000 people for ten years will peak at 6000."

AdelaideNow... Olympic Dam EIS released today for public consultation

Including all the other jobs they aim to create if this prject gets the go ahead - this could be very interesting.

Mx

Guest tigers08
Interesting article in on the Adelaide Now website regarding developments that they hope to start in 2010. If you scroll down almost to the end of the article it states:

"A construction workforce averaging 4000 people for ten years will peak at 6000."

AdelaideNow... Olympic Dam EIS released today for public consultation

Including all the other jobs they aim to create if this prject gets the go ahead - this could be very interesting.

Mx

yes just read that, sounds interesting. my family in adelaide have told me there is some big money to be earned in the mine there, so it looks like it will be out with the hat and sun block for me and you jim. lol phil bricky

Guest damo

Hi All!

As we are all waiting for state sponsorship (or have just gained it) I reckon we'll all be going out around the same time. I don't know about you but I have no contacts at all in Oz, how about arranging a get together in the summer for a few beers, get to know each other etc, it'll be good to know we have some support when we get there (eventually).

I don't mind travelling in the UK for a good weekend!

Damo

Hi All!

As we are all waiting for state sponsorship (or have just gained it) I reckon we'll all be going out around the same time. I don't know about you but I have no contacts at all in Oz, how about arranging a get together in the summer for a few beers, get to know each other etc, it'll be good to know we have some support when we get there (eventually).

Damo

We are the same as you Damo, We won't know any one when we get there!

So yeah please count us in, would be good for a few beers, Great idea

Guest damo

Hey Dawn, I see you are in Bournemouth, I finished a job as a trout farmer in Bickton, Fordingbridge yesterday (my other trade). We aren't far from you then so we should meet up some time.

Damien

Guest Mel.R
Hi All!

Damo

I think that is an excellent idea. Count us in!!

Mx

Hey Dawn, I see you are in Bournemouth, I finished a job as a trout farmer in Bickton, Fordingbridge yesterday (my other trade). We aren't far from you then so we should meet up some time.

Damien

Would be great to meet up, need to get our heads together and plan something for the summer!!

Archived