Any one living in Sancturay lakes Melbourne

Guest 2noodles

Guest 2noodles

We have just moved to Sanctuary Lake in Melbourne, and I'm a stay at home mum we have just moved from NZ and I was wanted to meet other mums in the area.

I have two kids 11 year old and 5 year old.

Guest laura r
We have just moved to Sanctuary Lake in Melbourne, and I'm a stay at home mum we have just moved from NZ and I was wanted to meet other mums in the area.

I have two kids 11 year old and 5 year old.

Hi there,

my names laura and ive lived in point cook for 10 weeks so im only round the corner from you.

I have an 11 yr old son and a 4 yr old daugter and im a stay at home mum too.

if you want to meet for a coffee anytime just let me know

havnt met many people myself here yet.

laura:biggrin:

Guest 2noodles

Oh that sounds wonderful..I have no car yet, but if you want to meet some time at the Sancturay Lakes cafe by there pool we can do that..

Caroline

Guest laura r

yeah sure, i no were santuary lakes is, but aint beenfor a drive around there so mite get lost when i get in. whats the street called where the pool is?

im away sat, sunday and monday so could meet tomorow or next week.

laura

hi im not a stay at home mum but always ready to meet new friends!! i have a 11 yr old son and we live in point cook. let me know when suits you if you want to meet. maybe even introduce you to some of our friends. tess xx

Guest 2noodles

Hay..sounds great I have my mother in law here until the 17th so, if you want to meet for a coffee in the morning of the 18th at point cook at Coffee club then that we we can chat and I can leav kids at home with Daddy...

let me know

Caroline

Guest 2noodles

tess that sound lovely, do you want to meet for a coffee on the 18th ( Sat) April as well as Laura r ( hope she can make it) at the coffee club in the morning, that way kids can stay at home with dad's.. and we can get to know each other and enjoy our coffee or tea or hot choco..

Let me Know

Caroline..

hi i think we are too far away, we live in Doncaster i have a 12 year old son and a 6 year old daughter, ive been here 4 mths now and still not managed any meet ups as ive not been too well since we arrived its not been the start id hoped for at all, im missing all my my family and my mates , but hey if ever your passing through DONCASTER FEEL free to let me know RIKKI AND MARK

tess that sound lovely, do you want to meet for a coffee on the 18th ( Sat) April as well as Laura r ( hope she can make it) at the coffee club in the morning, that way kids can stay at home with dad's.. and we can get to know each other and enjoy our coffee or tea or hot choco..

Let me Know

Caroline..

hi caroline im sorry as i cant come on the 18th theres a pio meet up that date!! if your husband has a car it would be great if you could come. everyone from pio in melbourne should be there with plenty for the kids to do as well as more info. if your interested look up past forms or i can give you info. if not we could arrange another date as laura and i know each other and are quite friendly. let me know as you can never have enough friends. tess xx ps if you want to pm me i will give you my number.

hay tess,

Whats a pio meet up???

Caroline

the poms in oz have a meet and greet every couple of months. its usually in park with swings etc so it keeps kids entertained, bbqs etc or pinics ect. it gives you a chance to meet other people that have came over from uk and to exchange advice/stories. even make new friends as theyr a friendly bunch. sometimes its good to be able to put a face to names from this site. it would be good if you could make it. tess xx

Guest laura r

just means all the people on poms in oz from melbourne all meet up. its my first time going, but will be great to meet new people. you can take the kids too.

are you settling in o.k?

im feeling more settled the more i get to meet people, were you born in nz?

laura

Hi there, just been reading your posts and we arrived here in the middle of January and would love to come along to a meet, can you let me know where and what time the meet is at. Thanks Lorna

hi lorna, sure i will give you info; melbourne meet up-18th april, chelsea park, around 12pm melways 93 e12. bring chairs, pinic or bbq things as well as plenty of juice ect. hopefully you will meet plenty of people and can share stories etc. where abouts are you? we came here at beginging of jan and we are in point cook. let me know if you need further info and hop[efully i can meet you there. tess xx

Guest 2noodles

Sounds great, I was born in NZ but my father is from England, and I had the most amazing friends in NZ who were from Bristol..So not a Pom but close ( passport holder)

I would have to say I feel lonely, but with mother in law here for easter it has been easyer, I need to find schools etc for the kids I'm looking at Point Cook primary school on the airforce base..

But by the sounds of things you ladies can help me ajust to OZ life, so nice to have some people to have coffee and do outings with and that you have kids around the same ages..keeps them entertained also..

I love our house , but I'm sure no one else lives in Sancturay Lakes as its so quite and you never see anyone...

See you on the 18th sound fun...

Caroline

Hi Tess and thanks for the info re meet. We are in Wyndham Vale, just along the road (sorry is it freeway) from yourselfs. I have 2 girls aged 12 & 10 and we arrived here in mid Jan, my hubby arrived at the begining of Feb, he works in Angola on a 4 week rota so he has just arrived here for his second trip and we have been doing some sight seeing along the Ocean Road and love it down that way. Be good if we could meet up, any idea of how long it takes to get to where the meet is, looked at the melways and looks to be a fair drive over but Im not very good with the k's I am still in miles mode!!. Lorna x

Hi Tess and thanks for the info re meet. We are in Wyndham Vale, just along the road (sorry is it freeway) from yourselfs. I have 2 girls aged 12 & 10 and we arrived here in mid Jan, my hubby arrived at the begining of Feb, he works in Angola on a 4 week rota so he has just arrived here for his second trip and we have been doing some sight seeing along the Ocean Road and love it down that way. Be good if we could meet up, any idea of how long it takes to get to where the meet is, looked at the melways and looks to be a fair drive over but Im not very good with the k's I am still in miles mode!!. Lorna x

hi lorna, looking at the sat nav it says it should take 1 hr and 1 min!!it usually acurate. im always open to meeting new people so if you want to meet up, it wouldnt be a problem. just let me know when suitable to you. tess xx

Sounds great, I was born in NZ but my father is from England, and I had the most amazing friends in NZ who were from Bristol..So not a Pom but close ( passport holder)

I would have to say I feel lonely, but with mother in law here for easter it has been easyer, I need to find schools etc for the kids I'm looking at Point Cook primary school on the airforce base..

But by the sounds of things you ladies can help me ajust to OZ life, so nice to have some people to have coffee and do outings with and that you have kids around the same ages..keeps them entertained also..

I love our house , but I'm sure no one else lives in Sancturay Lakes as its so quite and you never see anyone...

See you on the 18th sound fun...

Caroline

hi caroline, im glad that your trying to make the meet on sat, but if you want to meet for coffee even with mother in law just shout. its had enough to move to a new place but even harder when its a new country!! when i first came to oz i lived in greg norman drive (round the corner from swimming/coffee shop). so i know what you mean. no one walks anywhere untill evening with dogs! its not much better anywhere else though. have you got your son(opps i think you said) into any clubs? thats the way i started to meet people. like i said just shout and we can make arrangements. tess xx

hi caroline, im off tomorrow (tues) if you want to meet for coffee, i could contact laura and see if she wants to come too? dont want to seem pushy but bring your mother in law too we can have a good old gossip!

Guest 2noodles

Oh ladies that sound lovely, but we are off to Chadstone with mother in law, as we have one car Hubby has some work out there, so thought I could keep the kids entertained that way..Can you suggest any good schools, that I should look at??? I need help in that avenue also..

You dont sound pushy either, it fantastic that you have even offered to have coffee..I can wait to meet you lovely ladies..I think we are going to have a great time together..

Caroline

Guest 2noodles

Hi,

I think my daughter Emily ( 11) would love to have some play friend who are not under 5 to hang out with, so Let me know where you live, I have just moved here also..so can always catch up..well I'm with out a car untill husband sorts it out..so we hang out at home or hang out with him on the road when he is working..

I cant wait to get my teeth into finding out some great area's around here.

Caroline

hi caroline, i would start with either seabroke or point cook. although im not quite sure how you will get there without a bike or car!!! as you are now prob aware you will need a car especailly living in santurary lakes. i would deffenatly keep away from jamieson way and boardwalk as both laura and myself have issues with the schools, and not having a good name for themselves either!! we put our children into these schools not knowing anything about them. so my advice would be to hold back and visit the schools and have a tour. dont be afraid to ask questions as we have found out the hard way. anything i can help with i would be glad to help. tess xx

Hi,

I think my daughter Emily ( 11) would love to have some play friend who are not under 5 to hang out with, so Let me know where you live, I have just moved here also..so can always catch up..well I'm with out a car untill husband sorts it out..so we hang out at home or hang out with him on the road when he is working..

I cant wait to get my teeth into finding out some great area's around here.

Caroline

my friend lesley has a daughter who will be 11 come aug, im sure if we get togther and introduce them, they might be good pals. we could meet for coffee ect or i could come and get you in my car its not a bother! maybe late afternoon sometime this week? i will leave it up to you, if not then i will try and look out for you at sat meet up. tess xx

Guest laura r

ive got my son in jamiesons way school but i dont like it that much, i dont want to send my daughter there so im looking into primary schools as well.

i was thinking of seabrook or point cook primary myself. think th epoint cook primary is in laverton at the moment till they build the one in point cook. im hoping its gunna be open for next year when my girl starts. gunna have to ring them to find out.

Its nice that you have ur mother in law round, im really missing my mum.

sorry i havnt replied over the weekend we took the kids to philip island to see the penguin parade and feed the kangaroos. we had a brill time so when you get settled, i would deffenatley recomend you go.

laura

Guest 2noodles

Oh thank you two for the advise on schools, so helpfull, I think Point cook is going to be the one we go to..So sometime down the track Laura we could car poll..depends on the kids..

I will have to leave coffee this week as mother in law is spending a much time with us a possiable, so nice to have vistors from home...I miss my mother also, but she will hopefully pop over soon..

I'm just so glad that I have found you three to give me advise and have been so helpful really has made my day checking this site..my husband and I are coming on the 18th with kids..so cant wait to meet you guys and have a good chat..

Caroline

Archived