Anyone on the Mornington Peninsula?

Guest Wembley

Guest Wembley

Hiya, am an extremely homesick ex-pat looking for folk (other than my Wife) to tell me why I should remain here!!

Arrived since Sept 08 and am bascially fed-up of people telling me it's just homesickness and it'll wear off. I miss football (REAL football), pubs, cheap broadband, minicabs and my mates!

...help!:arghh:

There are quite a lot of expats on the Mornington Peninsula long term ones and newer ones. They just had a meet up at last weekend a shame you missed it. Mount Martha and Mornington have quite a few. Have a look at the Britvics site I am sure you can find some company there.

We are long term over 30 years and 20 on the Peninsula. Join a local soccer club you do not have to play to be a member.

Homesickness is not nice and it takes some people longer than others.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi

Sorry you are feeling this way, like Petals has said try joining Britvics they have a 5 a side footy team so you may be able to get your fix that way. However hard it is it may also be worth trying to follow the AFL, when we first came over 5 years ago my hubbie swore he would never follow AFL but now he is a keen supporter of Collingwood.

Hope you settle soon.

Kate

Guest maggieandrich

no offense to wembley, but does that mean that football is not big over there?

cos if it is I may get on the next flight out, am soooooooooooo fed up of football, when does it ever go away.

no offense to wembley, but does that mean that football is not big over there?

cos if it is I may get on the next flight out, am soooooooooooo fed up of football, when does it ever go away.

if you are talking football (soccer) its over here but not as big as Europe. BUT, we have Footy (Aussie rules football) and although the season is shorter than soccer, it is just as bad as the Football in the UK. They eat, drink, sleep footy while the season is in progress. sorry :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bulldog332

Hi mate,

I miss all those things too!!!! Liverpool fan fortunately, and loads of Aussies support them because of Harry 'Sicknote' Kewell, so there's lots of places to watch it (albeit v. late at night...)

Moved over Sept 07 with my then-girlfreind (she's now my wife), live in Mount Martha.

I run an English pub in Main Ridge (near Arthur's seat) - come on over and let's talk about the old country, and have an ale or two!

Billy

Guest Justine Barsby
Hi mate,

I miss all those things too!!!! Liverpool fan fortunately, and loads of Aussies support them because of Harry 'Sicknote' Kewell, so there's lots of places to watch it (albeit v. late at night...)

Moved over Sept 07 with my then-girlfreind (she's now my wife), live in Mount Martha.

I run an English pub in Main Ridge (near Arthur's seat) - come on over and let's talk about the old country, and have an ale or two!

Billy

Is that the pig and whistle ?

Guest Justine Barsby

We have been one or two times - you are in a great location it's great when it's warm to sit outside and have a drink. We will say Hi when we are there next.

• 1 month later...
Guest Nicki

Maybe I can help my husband and all his Uk friends play soccer and always go out on friday night with again all the uk boys that he has met they are all in there 40+ we are in Mornington

Guest Justine Barsby
Maybe I can help my husband and all his Uk friends play soccer and always go out on friday night with again all the uk boys that he has met they are all in there 40+ we are in Mornington

Where do they go for a drink. This is Jason, Justine's better half.

Guest Nicki

Husband has just come back from the pub he said would love to me you for a drink and introduce you to the boys

Guest Nicki
Where do the boys go on a Friday for a drink?

Kev

The Bay Hotel, Kurks, and The Grand Back Bar wont be there this friday as we have a house warming to go to he said last week that he had met some more people that have just moved to mornington

Guest Nicki

Where do they go for a drink. This is Jason, Justine's better half.
He wont be there this friday as we have a house warming to go to will let you know where they will be meeting next week and there seems to be more people they meet each week from UK

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Julie Glenn

I arrived in Mt Eliza from Bfd, W/Yorks Dec 08, to marry an Ozy i met in England, i symphasise wi ya, i just know wot u mean, i was neva 2 keen on football but u begin 2 appreciate things wen u leave them, u just carnt replace ya mates can ya, i miss c'ng familiar fings n talking to people whr i av sumfng in common wi the place n way of life. I was very much on the pub scene in Leeds, u carnt get those pubs tho can ya!! Mind u i wnt into Melbourne n found sum gud pubs. U cud do wi playn football wi a group of brits that wud help, the only 1 i know of is just outside Melbourne, a guy called Paul who is a Londoner!! It tuk im yonks 2 settle but e is happy 2 b ere now...cheer up!

• 1 month later...
Hiya, am an extremely homesick ex-pat looking for folk (other than my Wife) to tell me why I should remain here!!

Arrived since Sept 08 and am bascially fed-up of people telling me it's just homesickness and it'll wear off. I miss football (REAL football), pubs, cheap broadband, minicabs and my mates!

...help!:arghh:

are you in mornington my husband and his friends play 5 aside soccer and meet up every friday for drinks maybe you should join them

Archived