A few beers in Melbourne?

Guest Father Jack

Guest Father Jack

Hey,

I'm looking for people in Melbourne who would be interested in meeting up and having a few beers and expanding the social circle!

I've actually been here a while, but have suffered the common fate of having a lot of mates who are on the 1 year visa and have now headed home.

I'm here for the longer haul and looking to "re-expand" my social horizons. Would love to hear from anyone interested in doing the same and we can hopefully have a meet up in the city/inner burbs soon.

Any new arrivals especailly welcome; we've all been there, just come and say hi!

Cheers,

Andy

Hi there

My husband and I are both 28 and due to arrive in Melbourne on a sponsored 457 visa on 22nd May. We have only just joined the forum.

We are a bit worried about re-establishing a social life (!) and would be really happy to meet any other brits in Melbs. It would be really nice to meet some folk from PIO- just let us know when and where you fancy drinking (anywhere central is good for us)- maybe in the last week of May?

Kind regards

Janine

:smile:

Guest Father Jack

Hey Janine, no dramas mate, just let us know when you're here and we'll book something in. I work in the CBD so maybe something in the city after work in that last week?

Hopefully we'll get a few others replying by then too!

PS e-mails are probably easier for me to access, I'm on thompsonandrew@yahoo.co.uk. But lets see if anyone else bites first!

PPS Good luck with the move, its a manic process but all worth it in the end!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest holly

hi

im a nurse and have been in melbourne for the last few months would love to meet up the last week in may sounds great! (i live in epping about 40mins on the train from flinders st.

holly 24

Guest Ruby Okim

Hi all,

I would be up for a meet up and can drag OH along too. I work in the city so could do with drinks and a bite to eat in the week or can do weekends too.

Sign me up!

Hazel

Guest lauragarry

Hi All

Me and my partner garry moved here about 3 months ago. we are in our twenty's

We would love to meet up as we need a social circle. We are finding the move here hard and missing home loads so need to get out and get our minds off it!

Cheers

Garry and Laura

Guest SO,DIZZY
Hey,

I'm looking for people in Melbourne who would be interested in meeting up and having a few beers and expanding the social circle!

I've actually been here a while, but have suffered the common fate of having a lot of mates who are on the 1 year visa and have now headed home.

I'm here for the longer haul and looking to "re-expand" my social horizons. Would love to hear from anyone interested in doing the same and we can hopefully have a meet up in the city/inner burbs soon.

Any new arrivals especailly welcome; we've all been there, just come and say hi!

Cheers,

Andy

me and hubby will look you up again when we get our visa hopefully soon ... as we are off to melbourne also..

but hey have fun in the intrim.. rgrds dizz,,,,

Guest Father Jack

Hi all,

Excellent that we got a bunch more replies! Just to nail things down, I'm going to suggest we meet up in Young and Jackson's in the city, on the corner of Swanston and Flinders St. Not a bad place, and very easy to find!

Say 7pm, Wednesday 27th May? Happy to take other suggestions, but thought that is an easy one to start with.

If anyone is REALLY keen to meet up before that, I'm throwing a housewarming in St Kilda East this Sat. Just drop us a mail to thompsonandrew@yahoo.co.uk and I'll fire you the details.

Otherwise, hopefully catch ye in 2 weeks!

Cheers,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Father Jack

Hey all,

Its been a long time since this thread started, but the beers are upon us!

As no one argued, its 7pm, Wednesday 27th May, Young and Jackson's, junction of Flinders Street and Swanston Street in the CBD. Let's say the back bar on the ground floor?

I'd be very appreciative if people could re-confirm they're still coming, just so I don't end up nursing a pint in the corner all night!

My number's 0404 011 366 for when you get there, but I'll wear something horribly obvious, like my irish rugby shirt! I've also got a shiney shaved head, which helps when it comes to standing out in the crowd!

See ye Wednesday,

Andrew

Guest mariayoung

Hi, I just arrived late Thurs nite from Scotland. Keen to meet up with others from UK. Ended up goin out for dinner myself last nite, how sad, something id ve never done back home. I'm just nort of melbourne, in Preston. Not yet attempted to use public transport, just trying to get over jet lag most of y/day.

Maria Young

Hi Andy

Hubby and I arrived Thursday and looking forward to coming along for a beer next Wednesday. Anyone else fancy it?

J

Guest mariayoung

I'd be interested in this, it's about the only place in the city ive managed to locate so far. Was there today meeting a couple from just outside Glw, UK who are staying at St Kilda. Not starting work til week on Monday so trying to make as many contacts as possible meantime.

Maria Young

Archived