Hi, New to the Gold Coast and would love to chat

Guest Lesley Connor

Guest Lesley Connor

Hi all PIO people

I am Lesley, aged 37. me, my hubby Simon and baby Luca moved to Arundel on The Gold Coast 5 months ago. I have just started looking at PIO today and have attemped to reply to some messages which people have posted, I am pretty uselss so no idea if they actually got to the intended people!!!! I started Bond uni in Jan '09 and Simon is looking after our wonderful 20 month old baby, and on the look out for work. We spent 6 months in Oz a few years ago and knew we wanted to move over, so here we are. I sort of thought it would be a bit like Ramsey Street and would have the neighbours on our doorstep with home baked cookies and offers of friendship - not so!!!!!!! Indeed effort is needed therefore I am sending this message to any of you who might like some freinds. We are fairly normal people and would gladly hear from any normal (or otherwise) people. Looking forward to the influx of offers. LOL to everyone. X

:notworthy:

Hi Lesley

Welcome to PIO! Congratulations on making it to Australia and "well done" for chosing the Gold Coast area, what a ripper of a place!

Hmmmm, well, unfortunately I'm stuck in the UK at the moment which is a right royal shame! Hopefully, it won't be too long. Gold Coast, most likely! It's all going on at the moment. I think I've found my way into the waiting game now... received police clearance certs, had medicals done last Monday just sending them all off to our agent now really and then kicking back to see what happens!

Been toying with the idea of an Australian emigration for a long time now, basically about 4 or 5 years ago, some relatives came to visit the UK where we are atm. My uncle owns a home-run family business importing/supplying chemicals for swimming pools and whatnot... very casual but what must be done gets done and they have a nice place in Ashmore whilst his son lives out in Sydney and works as a radio DJ.

Fingers crossed though, hopefully about a year from now... preferably less!! YEAH RIGHT like that's gonna happen...:biglaugh:

Hi Lesley Welcome to PIO we are on the sunshine coast we were down on the gold coast over easter for a week took are son to the theme parks. Sorry we are not closer we arrived on the sunshine coast at the end of Jan 09. There are lots of poms on the gold coast just wait and they will find you.

Guest Lesley Connor

Hi irish4ever person, what a lovely message, I will put myself out there and fingers crossed some nice Poms will track us down. So I assume you are Irish, where you from? I grew up in Coleraine, northern Ireland. X

Hi me and my husband are both Irish I am from Lisburn OH from Banbridge. I have met 5 northern Irish couples here on the sunshine coast from Belfast,Annalong,Newtownards,and Newcastle we meet up all the time and had a great barbie here last Saturday night got to bed at 4am.....

Guest paulacox

Hi lesley

Would love to come round for a coffee and chat, but still in the Uk, hope to be over in the next 3-4 months.

Paula

Guest Lesley Connor

Hi Paula

6.30 am and trying to wake up in Queensland, weather is lovely outside, the sun is up and it is bright and cheerful outside. So you are just waiting to sell your house so you can come over? Where will you plan to settle in Oz. You are very welcome for coffee or lunch or anything really. Whats the weather like in UK?

Lesley

Guest donovan

Hiya Lesley

I am Sarah been living on the Gold Coast since Aug 07 with my hubby and 3 boys, not far from where you are, we often have meets and a coffee morning, most people are from PIO, let me know if you would like to come to the next one, which will be next week, failing that we are having a get together next Friday at the Display Village Park at Pacific Pines, your more than welcome to come along

Let me know

Sarah x

Guest Lesley Connor

Hi Sarah

Lovely to hear from you, we would love to get together and meet you and your family and some PIO people. We are off camping on Tuesday this week, returning next week Tuesday. Let me know what plans are for people meeting up and we would love to come along.

LeslleyX

Guest donovan
Hi Sarah

Lovely to hear from you, we would love to get together and meet you and your family and some PIO people. We are off camping on Tuesday this week, returning next week Tuesday. Let me know what plans are for people meeting up and we would love to come along.

LeslleyX

No worries Lesley, will do, have a great weekend camping.

Catch up with you when you get back.

Sarah x

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed your time on the Gold Coast Dunscombe's! Hope to see you again soon!

Just wanted to say hi to Lesley - hope you enjoy your camping trip and will hopefully meet up soon! I live on Pacific Pines and am always up for meeting new people!

Kat x

Guest donovan
hi everyone, we are hoping to relocate sometime soon, Sarah is a fab lady (donavon) , we met some great people while we were in the gold coast , we stayed with my mate (GIGGLES) TRICIA, THEY HAVE MEETS ALL THE TIME AND EVERYONE MAKES YOU FEEL SO WELCOME ,im sure you will soon be enjoying yourself with the gang sometime soon .

Cheers hun, hope everything goes well in which ever area you decide to live, keep us updated mate and look forward to seeing you soon

Sarah x

Hi Lesley

it is kinda daunting finding a whole new life for yourself, back home it is something which you just take for granted. but it will happen, we are still in Victoria and have done the whole bit of finding friends etc, however come Sept looks like we will have to do it all again. But when we come over will def tab you for that coffee. HMm camping, I can only guess it is much warmer over in QLD than in sunny VIC?

Guest andy123

Hi Luke, see you say your uncle is in Ashmore. Please could you or your uncle give us any advise about the area. We are hopefully going in June where i will study at Gold Coast TAFE at Ashmore.

Regards

Andy

Guest stum

Hi lesley, we are moving to either the gold coast or sunshine coast in November, got visa's and just waiting for house sale to complete. Would love to meet up as we don't know a sole. Hows work out there, hubby is a boilermaker?

Guest Lesley Connor

Hi

Sorry did not reply earlier but we have just got back from a lovely camping trip. We have now been here for about 6 months and really enjoying it. Obviously the goodbyes are tricky but the lifestyle is completly different and the sunshine compensates!!!! We live in a place in Arundel on the Gold Coast and would love to meet with you when you arrive, it is good to have a friendly face when you arrive, you should come round for dinner and we will tell you what little we have learned since arriving. Have you decided on the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast yet? We went camping on the Sunshine Coast and it was lovely but much prefer it down here. lol. Lesley

Guest snow white

hello lesley

nice to hear you enjoyed your camping trip im always interested in a dinner and aa good story book of information anytime

lesley x

Guest acbh2

Hey huni,

Think our dinner is gona leave me with a hangover.....it was worth it tho lol!!! See you sunday make sure you walk as the wine will be chilling. Hope Luca went to sleep with ease. John loved the sport chat!!

hugs Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

Sorry did not reply earlier but we have just got back from a lovely camping trip. We have now been here for about 6 months and really enjoying it. Obviously the goodbyes are tricky but the lifestyle is completly different and the sunshine compensates!!!! We live in a place in Arundel on the Gold Coast and would love to meet with you when you arrive, it is good to have a friendly face when you arrive, you should come round for dinner and we will tell you what little we have learned since arriving. Have you decided on the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast yet? We went camping on the Sunshine Coast and it was lovely but much prefer it down here. lol. Lesley

Guest snow white

might have guessed you know everyone lol and whats up why werent you on coke ??

lesley x

Guest acbh2

Hey huni,

Was in need of wine............trying to block out Ethans MRI Scan 2mz!!! Was a nice evening. U need 2 come over with your lot. May cheer up my baby boy. He is missing school loads :( Need to meet for coffee again will let u know when my babe back at school :-( hugs Axx[

quote=snow white;491086]might have guessed you know everyone lol and whats up why werent you on coke ??

lesley x

Guest flowerofscotland
Hi all PIO people

I am Lesley, aged 37. me, my hubby Simon and baby Luca moved to Arundel on The Gold Coast 5 months ago. I have just started looking at PIO today and have attemped to reply to some messages which people have posted, I am pretty uselss so no idea if they actually got to the intended people!!!! I started Bond uni in Jan '09 and Simon is looking after our wonderful 20 month old baby, and on the look out for work. We spent 6 months in Oz a few years ago and knew we wanted to move over, so here we are. I sort of thought it would be a bit like Ramsey Street and would have the neighbours on our doorstep with home baked cookies and offers of friendship - not so!!!!!!! Indeed effort is needed therefore I am sending this message to any of you who might like some freinds. We are fairly normal people and would gladly hear from any normal (or otherwise) people. Looking forward to the influx of offers. LOL to everyone. X

:notworthy:

Hi Lesley,

Welcome to the Gold Coast, hope you have settled ok, we lived in Arundel for 3 years and really liked it, we are now in Pacific Pines which is a bit like little britain! but we love it, we have been in Oz 5 years and have made loads of friends but it does take a while, our first year in Oz we didn't really know anyone at all, I recently had another baby after a 9 year gap so I'm back to square one trying to get out and meet mums and babies, it's daunting but worth it as you meet some really nice people along the way, good luck with everything

Lisa :spinny:

Guest Lesley Connor

Hey Paula

How you doing? Are your plans for moving to Oz coming together, do you have much to sort out? Where are you planning to move to when you land here?

Lesley

X

Archived