Is it Bank Holiday in Oz tomorrow

eammon

I sooooooo look forward to sunday nights and monday mornings now, so that I can check my online status again..... so was just wondering if it's bank holiday in Oz tomorrow?

I have just about got used not being able to check it 48 hours, because there is absolutely no point, but the thought of not being able to check it for 72 hours :spinny:

Denise x

I sooooooo look forward to sunday nights and monday mornings now, so that I can check my online status again..... so was just wondering if it's bank holiday in Oz tomorrow?

I have just about got used not being able to check it 48 hours, because there is absolutely no point, but the thought of not being able to check it for 72 hours :spinny:

Denise x

Denise

I had to laugh at your post. Isn't it bad that we live like this:wacko: ? We keep checking for online TRA results due this week so was wondering the same thing. Would have been Tuesday but I have added 2 days to be safe, taking into account Anzac Day and the Bank Hol tomorrow. My OH spoke to someone in SA today who said it wasnt a Bank Holiday there, so each State may be different.

Mandy x

Denise

I had to laugh at your post. Isn't it bad that we live like this:wacko: ? We keep checking for online TRA results due this week so was wondering the same thing. Would have been Tuesday but I have added 2 days to be safe, taking into account Anzac Day and the Bank Hol tomorrow. My OH spoke to someone in SA today who said it wasnt a Bank Holiday there, so each State may be different.

Mandy x

Hi Mandy - I know. The past 12 months seem to have been a constant stream of form filling, waiting, checking our status, waiting..... :wub:

Good luck with your TRA results - let us know as soon as you hear.

Denise x

Guest fatpom
each state is diffrent i think its just qld bank holiday today

julie

Australia doesn't have Bank Holidays. An Aussie is quite likely to give you a funny look if you were to talk about a 'Bank Holiday'? :smile:

We have about the same number of public holidays though. Each state decides which days are to be public holidays so even the states differ a little.

You're correct today (Monday) is Labour Day in Qld.

Guest proud2beaussie
Australia doesn't have Bank Holidays. An Aussie is quite likely to give you a funny look if you were to talk about a 'Bank Holiday'? :smile:

We have about the same number of public holidays though. Each state decides which days are to be public holidays so even the states differ a little.

You're correct today (Monday) is Labour Day in Qld.

Actually Australia DOES have Bank Holidays,well at least NSW does and has done since 1912.NSW has a bank holiday this year on August 3.

There may be another reason why the date was chosen but it is gazetted as a Bank Holiday.

NSW Office of Industrial Relations, Public Holidays

I do agree though that Australia doesn't have country wide bank holidays in the way the UK does.

And it's a little different because in Australia a bank holiday generally means just that -a BANK holiday and everybody else has to go to work.:arghh:

Guest snow white

yes an enjoyable long weekend for us in qld public holiday today more time to nag husband to get ome jobs done around the house lol

lesleyx

yes an enjoyable long weekend for us in qld public holiday today more time to nag husband to get ome jobs done around the house lol

lesleyx

The same for us in the Uk!! What can we do, join the motorway queues to try and find somewhere its not raining!!

Yipee!!

Guest fatpom
Actually Australia DOES have Bank Holidays,well at least NSW does and has done since 1912.NSW has a bank holiday this year on August 3.

There may be another reason why the date was chosen but it is gazetted as a Bank Holiday.

NSW Office of Industrial Relations, Public Holidays

I do agree though that Australia doesn't have country wide bank holidays in the way the UK does.

And it's a little different because in Australia a bank holiday generally means just that -a BANK holiday and everybody else has to go to work.

That's a surprise! :biglaugh: I lived in NSW for nine or ten of the last twelve years & can't ever recall there being a day off called a Bank Holiday? Maybe we (non bankers :smile:) did have to work it????

Guest proud2beaussie
That's a surprise! :biglaugh: I lived in NSW for nine or ten of the last twelve years & can't ever recall there being a day off called a Bank Holiday? Maybe we (non bankers ) did have to work it????

Correct-which is why I made the reference in my post to the fact that in Australia a "Bank Holiday" means just that-a BANK holiday.:arghh:

And it's a little different because in Australia a bank holiday generally means just that -a BANK holiday and everybody else has to go to work

Guest fatpom
Correct-which is why I made the reference in my post to the fact that in Australia a "Bank Holiday" means just that-a BANK holiday.

Hmmm? The engineering industry in NSW has a holiday called "picnic day" but it only applies to the hourly paid workers (damn!).

These anomalies probably exist in all industry sectors so why 'bankers day' should be gazetted I don't know? But that's bankers for you! :biglaugh:

Guest proud2beaussie

Bank holidays are gazetted because they come under the Bank Holidays Act 1912 whereas "Picnic Days" are included in industrial awards and therefore are specific to an industry and don't need to be gazetted.

Why is there a "Bank Holidays" Act of Parliament ? I really wouldn't have the foggiest.

Archived