looking for mates in brisbane

Guest landerson78

Guest landerson78

Hi all, im Louise, me and my husband steve and my 2 kids liam(5) and lauren(2) just moved out in march. We live on the southside of brisbane, looking for mates to have a good time with and like a laugh. Im a nurse working at the PA and steve is working with a removals company. Anyone in the same boat and looking to make new friends just let us know.

Lou x:jiggy:

Guest SEFFnSARAH

HI LOUISE

my sister in law starts there tomorrow pa that is she has just moved up from sydney to springfield lakes she is goin to work in the cath lab her name is amanda keep your eye open and say hello we will be out to join her soon at springfield lakes so i will be lookin out for a job so hopefully could meet you all for a drink soon

SEFF

Guest landerson78

Cool will do, that sounds great! Just noticed you are from warick thats where Stevens mum is from so been there a few times!

Lou:biggrin:

Guest SEFFnSARAH

right , i am from bedworth paul, sarah is from warwick and her family we have two kids george he is 5 and ciara she is 4, what is steves mums name sarah's mum might know her, she knows a lot of people she been here a few years lol,just waiting for passport to come back now so i can book flight

Guest SEFFnSARAH

just finished postin me last one to you and amanda just rang she just done her 1st day at pa said she enjoyed told her you would pop and say hello hope you dont mind where is it your livin

Guest landerson78

Thats good she enjoyed it, we are living on the south side near calamvale in a suburb called Drewvale. We re renting a 4 bed new build its out of this world cant believe what you get for your money out here its so different. We re near a lot of shops and browns plains plaza so its handy and im right nxt to the road straight to PA so its fine. Where are you looking at again? Is it on the North side? Have you got a job?

lou:hug:

Guest SEFFnSARAH

No, I haven't got a job yet. Applied for loads but they won't look at you until you are on Aussie soil!! I am Tape and Jointer/Decorator so if you hear of anything let me know! We are heading to Springfield Lakes (think its the other side of military base). Hoping to leave here week Thursday (14th) with Sarah and kids to come out mid June. Amanda got a nice 4 bed house so we all going there to start with. Been looking at houses and there look to be lovely ones all around that area but ideally when we are sorted we would like to be closer to the beach.

Wanting to find work as soon as i arrive so that i can be sorted by the time Sarah comes out. Keep your ears open for me, am willing to do whatever to start with so that we can get the money coming in.

If you fancy meeting up, PM me and I will let you have my contact details

Seff

Guest landerson78
No, I haven't got a job yet. Applied for loads but they won't look at you until you are on Aussie soil!! I am Tape and Jointer/Decorator so if you hear of anything let me know! We are heading to Springfield Lakes (think its the other side of military base). Hoping to leave here week Thursday (14th) with Sarah and kids to come out mid June. Amanda got a nice 4 bed house so we all going there to start with. Been looking at houses and there look to be lovely ones all around that area but ideally when we are sorted we would like to be closer to the beach.

Wanting to find work as soon as i arrive so that i can be sorted by the time Sarah comes out. Keep your ears open for me, am willing to do whatever to start with so that we can get the money coming in.

Seff

You should pick up something, at least you got family out here so that will help a lot! if I hear of anything ill let you know. I know where you are thats not far from us, we ve been down the gold coast a few times and its lovely, quite expensive to rent and buy though, but it only takes about 25 mins in the car, beaches are out of this world. Yeh you can come around for a few beers when you ve got time and meet us that sounds good.

Lou

Guest Lesley Connor

Hi all

I am Lesley 38, hubby Simon is 36 and baby Luca almost 2 years. We have been living on Gold Coast for nearly 6 months and are still newies! We are about 45 mins drive from Brisbane but if you are ever down this way let us know as we are just getting a circle of friends and it is nice to chat and meet with others in same boat.

X:hug:

Guest Colette & Allibongo

Hi All,

Alex (myself) 33 and my wife Colette 27, have just moved over to Brisbane - Carindale from dublin.. I am originally from southport, uk.. looking for new buddies to meet up for bbq and beers and live the ozzie dream...

get in touch..

Guest SEFFnSARAH

hi alex,

name seff would love to meet up with ya,family in southport and sefton, we are from the midlands.

i arrive in brisbane next saturday morning,no work for five weeks now in uk so might as well job hunt in the warm lol.i will be stopping with me sister in law in springfield lakes wife sarah and two kids george 5 and ciara 4 will be out in about a month with sarahs mum.if you want to private message me your contact details when i arrive will give you a shout .

hopefully speak soon m8

SEFF

Guest stenichalifax

Hey,

My husband and i also live on the south side we are both in our 20's if you fancy meeting up just give us a shout. Hope your settling in well. xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, have not spoken for a couple of weeks, been job hunting, colette has just got a job and I start a new job in beginning of june which is great news..

once the money starts flowing in will meet up.. send me a PM when is best for you, what would be good is if everyone who has replied to forum " mates in Brisbane" should organise a meetup...

well chat soon.. Al & Colette

Guest amylaura
Hi all, im Louise, me and my husband steve and my 2 kids liam(5) and lauren(2) just moved out in march. We live on the southside of brisbane, looking for mates to have a good time with and like a laugh. Im a nurse working at the PA and steve is working with a removals company. Anyone in the same boat and looking to make new friends just let us know.

Lou x:jiggy:

Hi Louise, i'm Amy and we moved out here in march too. I have been feeling a little homesick recently... We have 2 little ones Christian (2) and Lily (10 months). We are also southside of Brisbane and i have a couple of friends that work at the PA. My husband Darren is working for Audi in Fortitude Valley and i am just being mum at home at the mo so it would be good to make some new friends x

:smile:

Guest stenichalifax

Hey Louise,

Hope your settling in ok! I (25) moved over here 2 years ago with my husband steven (29), we live in holmview near windaroo. We are having a couple of drinks at ours next sat if ya fancy coming?

Nicole

I don't if your interested you may have already been chatting with nic + ste, heading there next weeknd for drinks they are in holmview, be great to meet up.. was speaking with seth, hopefully he will come..

its sounds like next weekend should be great, looking forward to it see you then..

Guest landerson78
Hi Louise, i'm Amy and we moved out here in march too. I have been feeling a little homesick recently... We have 2 little ones Christian (2) and Lily (10 months). We are also southside of Brisbane and i have a couple of friends that work at the PA. My husband Darren is working for Audi in Fortitude Valley and i am just being mum at home at the mo so it would be good to make some new friends x

:smile:

Hi amy glad you replied, I have been feeling homesick too recently, think the worst thing is trying to make friends, Im missing all my friends so much its not easy. Made quite a few friends at work but they all live near the hospital and not many of them have kids. Its not easy when granny and grandad not here to babysit anymore lol. Yeh would like to meet up for chat and coffee or whatever or even few drinks. Give me a pm if you want to. Where are you on the southside we are in Drewvale.

Lou:wubclub:

Guest landerson78
Hey Louise,

Hope your settling in ok! I (25) moved over here 2 years ago with my husband steven (29), we live in holmview near windaroo. We are having a couple of drinks at ours next sat if ya fancy coming?

Nicole

Hi nicole thanks for that, just checked this too late lol, next time let me know that would be great to meet up with people our age, met a few people out here but no one around our age xxx

Guest beckyingall

Hi, me and my hubbie and 2 kiddies live in Forest Lake, Brisbane looking for friends that are english as I just never seem to run into anyone here! We have friends but all are australian and it would be nice to catch up and talk about home as I miss it so much! We have been here 12 months on sunday can't believe that the time has passed so quickly. I would love to get together with you guys from springfield lakes or browns plains as they are very close by. Becky.x p.s. I am from Bury in lancashire.

Seff

There seems to be lots of us heading for Springfield Lakes?? We are coming out July & also looking at that area, so PM & stay in touch - need all the contacts we can get when we arrive1

Kath

Archived