Living in Mitcham, Melbourne. Need friends!

Guest savoycabbage

Guest savoycabbage

Hello, we moved to Mitcham in January and are wondering if there are any other British people living near us. Well I am wondering as my husband isn't British so isn't homesick! We have two daughters who are five and two. I am a stay-at-home mother so it is myself and my two year old who need to find some friends as my husband and daughter have met lots of people at work and at school.

Guest Clare&Jon

Hi there, not living in Melbourne yet but hoping to be in the next few months! We are looking at the Mitcham area as a possible place to live so might end up being nearby - have a son who is 4 and daughter who will be 2 in a couple of weeks time. Sorry I can't help with meeting up just yet, was wondering what Mitcham is like? How have you found the move with 2 young children? We haven't told ours yet as we don't know how long it's going to take.

Anyway, hope you manage to find someone to catch up with soon,

best wishes Clare

Guest Hearne_Family

Do you have transport? We live in Berwick and my wife is keen to meet other parents too, we have a 3 year old daughter and our son is 18 months, its about 30 mins to drive to yours from here if you guys were to meet up regularly maybe you could take it in turns to visit each other? PM me for contact details.

Terry and Rachel

Guest savoycabbage

Hi, thanks for replying! I do have a car so that would be great. I am new to this site so I don't know what PM means. I would love to meet up with your wife though.

We are quite happy in Mitcham. Mainly because my oldest is in a lovely school which has helped a lot. My husband gets the train into the city for work. Emotionally the children have coped with the move far better than we thought they would. They seem to understand that they can't just pop back to the UK. The never-ending plane journey seemed to help with that! They do miss people of course but we have SKYPE. My youngest is finding it the most difficult as she doesn't understand as well what has happened. And my oldest has school and new friends. Let me know if there is anything you want to know about.

Guest itskaren
Hello, we moved to Mitcham in January and are wondering if there are any other British people living near us. Well I am wondering as my husband isn't British so isn't homesick! We have two daughters who are five and two. I am a stay-at-home mother so it is myself and my two year old who need to find some friends as my husband and daughter have met lots of people at work and at school.

HI, we live in Mooroolbark (2 stops away from you I think?' on the train. We are soon moving to Mt Dandenong about 10 minutes drive from Mooroolbark. I am a nurse and my husband is a business analyst. I have 2 boys 8 and 11.

Would love to meet up for coffee?

Karen:smile:

Hi,

I am in Donvale / Mitcham & am a stay am home mum with a girl who is 2 tomorrow. I go to playgroup in Micham & you would be more than welcome to come too. I am also always up for park trips & coffee & suchlike.

Let me know when you would like to meet up.

Jacqui

Hi, thanks for replying! I do have a car so that would be great. I am new to this site so I don't know what PM means. I would love to meet up with your wife though.

We are quite happy in Mitcham. Mainly because my oldest is in a lovely school which has helped a lot. My husband gets the train into the city for work. Emotionally the children have coped with the move far better than we thought they would. They seem to understand that they can't just pop back to the UK. The never-ending plane journey seemed to help with that! They do miss people of course but we have SKYPE. My youngest is finding it the most difficult as she doesn't understand as well what has happened. And my oldest has school and new friends. Let me know if there is anything you want to know about.

hi i am a stay at home mum too and also know jaq4chop, we live in Doncaster East not far from Donvale, i have another friend too who lives quite close Rainbeau, and i know we need some coffee mates and a chat from time to time, just let us know, its hard when you dont know anyone coz ive found it really difficault my kids are at school they are 12 and 6

Guest Gunner

Hi there

I live in Blackburn and have been in Oz for nine years. I have an 8 year old boy and a 3 year old girl who loves to make new friends. Very familiar with areas and places to go. If you want to meet for a coffee or have arranged a meet let me know.

Tracey

Guest holly

hi im in epping.not sure how far that is from mitchem but im about 40mins train from tjhe city!would love to meet up for a coffee and cake?!!

Archived