Moving To Perth in 6 weeks

Guest clumsyoaf

Guest clumsyoaf

Hi All. I have just joined and am so pleased I have found this site.

I am a 38 yr old male and have been offered a Job in Perth. I m coming alone and would love to meet up with anyone socially as I will know absolutely no-one. The job was originally to be based in Sydney which I have visited, but never been to Perth but have been told good things about it.:unsure:

Hi,

My husband and I should be moving to Perth June time, we are just waiting for our 457 visa to be granted and then its full steam ahead! Hubs is 37 in June and Im younger :D

We know a couple of people in Perth as we went there for three months last year but always have room for more friends. Hubs plays golf so if you fancy a swing of a club at any point just let us know.

Good luck with your new adventure

Emma & Matt

Guest Cara Kimber

Hi,

So when do you move out? You will have to come along to one of our singles get togethers. Well, not all singles really and ranging from mid twenties to mid fourties. Last Friday there were over 20 of us, a great night. I have been in Perth for less than 3 months and hadn't been here before but so far so good. Drop me a line when your here and we can meet up and keep an eye on here or on Poms in Perth site for get togethers. Good luck with move and new job.

Cara

Guest clumsyoaf

Thanks Emma & Matt

I will be coming probably end of June, Just waiting for a job start date. It would be great to meet up when I am there.

Good Luck to both of you as well.

Nigel

Guest clumsyoaf

Thanks Cara

Sounds good, would love to meet up. I should be arriving end of June and will definately be in contact.

Nigel

• 2 months later...
Guest clumsyoaf

Hi All

I have finally arrived in sunny / rainy Perth (oh well it is winter). I am currently staying in a hotel in the city until I find a rental which has got to be in the next week. I would love to meet up with anyone who fancies it as it would be great to be able to go out and have a drink or eats without being by myself.

I am looking at living in either east / west perth or possibly subi if i can afford it. Any advise would be appreciated.

Started work today and so far so good.

Cheers

Nigel

Hi All

I have finally arrived in sunny / rainy Perth (oh well it is winter). I am currently staying in a hotel in the city until I find a rental which has got to be in the next week. I would love to meet up with anyone who fancies it as it would be great to be able to go out and have a drink or eats without being by myself.

I am looking at living in either east / west perth or possibly subi if i can afford it. Any advise would be appreciated.

Started work today and so far so good.

Cheers

Nigel

Gday Mate,

Welcome to Perth and I take my hat off to ya for coming here alone. Well Done.:notworthy:

I have been here with my wife for just over 2 months and we are in North Perth trying to adjust to our new life. ( Bet you didnt expect it to be cold! )

Anyways, finding rentals can take a little time so check out gumtree website if agents are slow and you might something.

Cars are expensive here and you need to look in shops etc for private adds which can be cheaper and local to you, but remember cars you would pay 200 pounds for in the U.K. sell for around $1500 here. They just run and run as rust and MOTs are not such an issue here.

Give us a shout if ya need more advice dude.

landv

Guest Cara Kimber

Hi Nigel,

Glad you made it. Can't really advise on rentals as not renting currently, have been house sitting, much cheaper - hee hee. Good luck with the rental hunt. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and welcome and if you fancy catching up for coffee and I can help in any other way just let me know.

Cheers,

Cara

Ps: coming out by yourself isn't so bad if your willing to put the leg work in to meet new people. I arrived 4 and a ahalf months ago and already have a great group of friends, very lucky but I also went out and found them!!!

Guest clumsyoaf

Thanks to you both for your responses. Cara it would be great to meet up for a coffee let me know when you would be available. I will certainly be putting in the leg work to make new friends and am hoping that my work colleagues are a social bunch.

Cheers

Nigel

Archived