Secret Harbour?

Schools in Secret HarbourSchool:

Secret Harbour Primary Primary State Boys/Girls yrs K-7

Schools in neighbouring suburbs:

Port KennedyPort Kennedy Primary Primary State Boys/Girls yrs K-7

St Bernadette's Catholic Primary Primary Catholic Boys/Girls yrs K-7

Endeavour Primary Primary State Boys/Girls yrs K-7

In Secret Harbour you also have COmet Bay Primary Kindy to year 7 and Comet Bay college. My 6 year old just start Primary and hopefully my 14 nearly 15 year old will be starting at Comet bay College soon.

I do not believe you have any pubs or clubs in Secret Harbour itself.

The beach is a surfing beach but still very nice - the kids love body boarding.

We have a small shopping centre...woolworths, chicken take away, chemist, dentist, barber a couple og clothes shops, newsagent, post office and bakers. You also have 1 24 hour garage.

It is a fairly new complex so still alot of plots not built on yet..so can look a bit scruffy. A few lovely parks. Golf course is also here. But very central to every where.

Hope this helps

Sue

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cheney

Secret Harbour is just about the nicest place we found, we were originally living near Freo, but just kept travelling down here for the beaches, we ended up buying in Secret Harbour 600 meters to the beach, just fab. Girls love the school, not as good as UK schools but the best public schools we've seen out here. Plenty of private schools in the area too. Mine go to Comet Bay, its a very smart school, prob half English and Half Aussies but they all gel very well. I have a great group of coffee moring gals from UK, Aus and S,Africa. Can't recomend this area enough. If you do end up here

find us on facebook. Good luck with your move

Cheney

Secret Harbour is just about the nicest place we found, we were originally living near Freo, but just kept travelling down here for the beaches, we ended up buying in Secret Harbour 600 meters to the beach, just fab. Girls love the school, not as good as UK schools but the best public schools we've seen out here. Plenty of private schools in the area too. Mine go to Comet Bay, its a very smart school, prob half English and Half Aussies but they all gel very well. I have a great group of coffee moring gals from UK, Aus and S,Africa. Can't recomend this area enough. If you do end up here

find us on facebook. Good luck with your move

Cheney

Oh I am liking it even more now.The house prices seem really reasonable so it No.1 on my list I think.

The Surf Beach is great for the waves, and then a little further around to Port Kennedy you have beach where you don't get the waves, but it is ideal for fishing etc.

And they are builidng a pub (Tavern) in Secret Harbour so I'm told- supposed to open later this year,

Daz

The Surf Beach is great for the waves, and then a little further around to Port Kennedy you have beach where you don't get the waves, but it is ideal for fishing etc.

And they are builidng a pub (Tavern) in Secret Harbour so I'm told- supposed to open later this year,

Daz

Now yer talking! :biglaugh:

Guest cheney
Now yer talking! :biglaugh:

In the summer we spend every Sunday body boarding, can't get the kids out the water (and the beach is watched over ny the Surf life team up to Easter) and then this time a year we head to Port Kennedy and fish (never ever did that in UK) My 11 yr old daughter just loves it she always catches the most. But the best thing about PK for us is the guaranteed dolphin spotting around 4-6 I'll never get used to that, its always just wonderful to see.

Secret Harbour is just so well placed between Rockingham, great calm beach with good picnic foreshore and Kangaroos on the golf course and Mandurah, great boating marina and dolphin spot. I wouldn't leave here for all the tea in china ha ha

:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I But the best thing about PK for us is the guaranteed dolphin spotting around 4-6 I'll never get used to that, its always just wonderful to see.

:biggrin:

Hi Cheney, where abouts in Port Kennedy do you go 1) fishing 2) to see the dolphins.

my youngest son really wants to go fishing, so I think I will have to buy him a rod and take him. OH hates fishing!!!

I agree with you we wouldn't leave Secret Harbour unless we had to!!

Still finding it hard though to integrate at the school with other mums, bit keep trying!!

Sue

Guest cheney

Hi Sue, at the end of Port Kennedy drive, theres a car park newly laid path to beach, lots of fishermen there all the time. Weather not good for that at the mo :(

Ive added you as a friend on facebook, so you social life might just improve ha ha, I see we already have a mutual friend in Elaine, I had a evening out organised earlier in the month which Elaine came too. I'm just about to start work now, so not around for all the coffee mornings I was always organising but will definatley still be having girls nights out x Maria

Guest Misty

We live just off Port Kennedy Drive, so it is so easy to get down to the beach (not that I will be doing that today as will get sand blasted in this wind!). We make a cuppa and go and sit on the beach of an evening when we can, just to see the sunset and the dolphins. Both have been amazing. And the dolphins so close in sometimes too.

I have had a go at fishing as we have a friend that fishes regularly here, but I'm much better at shell collecting and sitting and watching than I am at fishing!

Hope you get down there, and hope the fishing is good and the dolphins materialise for you.

Cheryl xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest staceycornes

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I are coming over for 2 yrs on a working visa to stay with family. We will be staying with family in Secret Harbour and Port Kennedy. I just love it there. I remember the first time i visited and we took a box of wine to the beach and sat watching the dolphins and the sunset, it's just like paradise.

xx

Guest Ozzy7
We live just off Port Kennedy Drive, so it is so easy to get down to the beach (not that I will be doing that today as will get sand blasted in this wind!). We make a cuppa and go and sit on the beach of an evening when we can, just to see the sunset and the dolphins. Both have been amazing. And the dolphins so close in sometimes too.

I have had a go at fishing as we have a friend that fishes regularly here, but I'm much better at shell collecting and sitting and watching than I am at fishing!

Hope you get down there, and hope the fishing is good and the dolphins materialise for you.

Cheryl xx

What month is the best time to see the dolphins?

Guest cheney

Hi, they're there all the time, nearly every afternoon. Honestly, they come in for the fish there, best time usually around 4-6.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cheney

Hi Rachel, your the same age as me, we have a fab group of ladies here, we all meet up for coffee at our local Jaimaca Blue cafe and have days with the kids too. You'll love it, when are you looking to fly over?

Maria

Archived