New to Sydney - friends required!!

Guest Chris and Emma

Guest Chris and Emma

Hi,

This is Emma and Chris, 29 and 31 from the North West and been in Sydney for 4 weeks.

In our attempt to find new friends we have found this site and it would be great if anyone could let us know of nights out in the inner city area.

In the meantime we will continue to drink lots, enjoy the sunshine and talk to each other!!

Chris and Emma

Hi Both,

Im here with my partner and we live in the Inner West. We've been here for nearly 12 months now but are still keen to meet up with like minded people. How are you finding it? There are a few groups of us who met through PIO that meet up regularly. My friend Tracey (Eindhoven) has arranged a meet up for the 6th June at Manly Wharf if you can make it. There will be a mix of people there including other newcomers.

Whereabouts are you living now? I know it can be daunting those first few months so please let me know if you need any help or advice or if you just fancy a quick drink to escape the madness!

Sophie

Guest Chris and Emma

Hi Sophie,

We are currently living in Surry Hills and in the process of trying to find work which is proving to be abit of a nightmare!! Although we are both enjoying being unemployed in Sydney!

We will definately try and make the 6th June is there a bar we are meeting in??

Emma and Chris

Guest Sydney Poms

Hi Emma & Chris,

There is also a group called Sydney Poms who are meeting on the 20th June at the Belgian Beer cafe in the Rocks. The event is posted on the Events & Meetups calendar on this site or you can check out the website at www.sydneypoms.com

Mandy

Guest Chris and Emma

Hi Mandy

Thanks for that its always nice to know whats going on, As we still dont have many friends we are free on that date so will definetly make it.

Emma & Chris

Hi,

This is Emma and Chris, 29 and 31 from the North West and been in Sydney for 4 weeks.

In our attempt to find new friends we have found this site and it would be great if anyone could let us know of nights out in the inner city area.

In the meantime we will continue to drink lots, enjoy the sunshine and talk to each other!!

Chris and Emma

Hi Emma and Chris

How strange my name is Emma 31 and my partner is called Chris 30! we live in Darling Harbour and been here for 9 weeks now. I come from the North West (Cheshire) and Chris from Stratford Upon Avon. Anyway if you fancy meeting for a drink let me know.

Emma

Guest Chris and Emma

We thought the same when we saw your names!! We are also from Cheshire...Warrington - how spooky!!

It would be good to meet up for a drink, we were in Darling Harbour last night, just let us know when is best for you as we are free most days/nights at the minute!!

Hope to see you soon

Emma and Chris

We thought the same when we saw your names!! We are also from Cheshire...Warrington - how spooky!!

It would be good to meet up for a drink, we were in Darling Harbour last night, just let us know when is best for you as we are free most days/nights at the minute!!

Hope to see you soon

Emma and Chris

Hey we are free at the weekend if that's ok with you?

Emma

Guest kelandgav

Hi there, new to this too but would love to meet up at some point. My wife and I have been over here since january and are finally beginning to settle in. Where you living?

Guest Chris and Emma

Hi Emma

Sorry for not getting back to you, we have had problems with our internet and are having to use the internet cafe.

We are free all week, planning on going to Manly on the 6th for the meet are you?

Emma

Guest Chris and Emma

Hi,

Living in Surry Hills where are you?

We are planning on going to the meet in Manly next Saturday are you?

It would be good to meet up sometime.

Emma and Chris

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Emma

Sorry for not getting back to you, we have had problems with our internet and are having to use the internet cafe.

We are free all week, planning on going to Manly on the 6th for the meet are you?

Emma

Hi Emma

Sorry for not replying earlier I have been on night shifts for the past few weeks and had no life outside of work Are you going to the Sydney poms meet on Saturday?

Emma

Guest Chris and Emma

Hi Emma,

Hope you are okay and not too busy with work!!! I have finally got a job and start on Thursday so really not looking forward to going back to work!

We are still planning on going on Saturday, are you?? It would be good to finally meet up.

Hope to see you soon

Emma

Hi Emma

Im good thanks just about back to normal, I feel so drained after working night shifts. I only had 2 weeks in Sydney before I had to start work and now I feel like I've been there forever!! Good luck with your new job. We are going on Saturday afternoon after I finish work, it will be good to meet at last.

Emma

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AnnaS

Hi guys,

Me and my partner have been here in Sydney for a little while but are also finding it pretty hard to make friends and to meet up with people. My partner is from London and Im from NZ, he a bit more homesick then me. We would love to meet up for a drink or two if you both are free!

Guest paddingtonpom

Hi guys, jut read your emails and assume you've already met up but wondered if you have another meet up planned anytime? Me 26 and boyfriend 38 have been here for 18 months and only have a handful of friends-we spend too much time at work!! We live in the St George area (close to airport) and would love to meet up if poss, thanks Alex

Hey everyone we have since met up however a few of us girls are meeting up on Thursday

for drinks if you want to join us. We are going the establishment in the CBD at 6pm as its free champers between 6 and 8pm. If you want to come along please send me a message and i'll give you my number etc. Your very welcome to come along if your free

Guest Chris and Emma

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response, yes it would be great to meet up, just let us know when your next going for a drink and we will pop along!

Emma & Chris

Hi guys,

Me and my partner have been here in Sydney for a little while but are also finding it pretty hard to make friends and to meet up with people. My partner is from London and Im from NZ, he a bit more homesick then me. We would love to meet up for a drink or two if you both are free!

Hi All,

We arrived in Sydney in January from London - we have finally settled in Penshurst and are keen to meet some new people. I am 31 and my hubby is 32.

My other half put a post up yesterday suggesting drinks on Saturday night somewhere in Sydney CBD - just found this post and wondered if anyone fancies it?

Cheers

Vanessa

Guest Cumbrian Lass
Hi All,

We arrived in Sydney in January from London - we have finally settled in Penshurst and are keen to meet some new people. I am 31 and my hubby is 32.

My other half put a post up yesterday suggesting drinks on Saturday night somewhere in Sydney CBD - just found this post and wondered if anyone fancies it?

Cheers

Vanessa

Hi, myself and my partner Darren (me 32 and him 38) would definately be up for a night out. Let us know when and where and we will be there.

We have been in Sydney for nearly a year but have only just found this website. We are keen to meet new people. :jiggy:

Hey girls thanks for a the messages it will be great to meet you all on Thursday - and of course catch up with everyone i have already met :-)

If anyone else would like to come just send me a message

Archived