In Melbourne?

Guest Kiri Greenhill

Guest Kiri Greenhill

Hi Everyone!

I have only just discovered this site even though i have been here just over a year now! I don't know many people here as i never meet people through work (i'm a nanny) and definately looking in increase my social circle! Would also be great to meet people from home who understand how it is to be on the other side of the world! Are there often meet ups in Melbourne?

Look forward to hearing from people :-)

Kiri

Hi Kiri,

Welcome to PIO. If you look through the Victoria threads you should find loads of people in the same situation as yourself wanting to meet-up just click on their avitar and that will send you to their home page where you can send them a PM.

Hope that helps

All the best

Geoffrey

Guest Kiri Greenhill

Thanks for all your replies :-)

I live in Northcote, so pretty close to the city, it's a really good area

Guest mariayoung

Hi Kiri, I have only been here two weeks and started work this week. I am here alone and also keen to meet up with people as feeling a tad isolated just now.

Maria

Guest Kiri Greenhill
Hi Kiri, I have only been here two weeks and started work this week. I am here alone and also keen to meet up with people as feeling a tad isolated just now.

Maria

Hi Maria,

So how are you liking Melbourne so far? You started work pretty quickly, i gave myself a good 6 weeks! But it's probably better working, you get to meet people and experiece life better in my opinion. Although not so much in my case as everyone i work with is of a pre-school age! I see that you are in preston, very close to where i am. If you are keen to have catch up sometime pm me and we'll sort someting out :-)

Kiri

Guest mariayoung

Kiri,

I am hopeless with computers, especially after a couple of glasses of wine. I got ur reply and dont know how to pm you - doh! It would be great to meet up, not to sound to desperate but seriously not used to this solidarity, speaking to all my friends back home via skype.

Maria

Guest Kiri Greenhill

Maria,

I just sent you a PM, let me know on here if you don't get it. Hope you enjoyed your wine :-) xx

Guest mariayoung

Hi Gill/Chris, I'd be more than happy to meet up. Keen to meet people and build up some networks not used to this sitting in at the weekends, keen to go out and explore but not one for going sitting in a bar or something myself.

Archived