Toolmaker/CNC Machinist

Que Sera Sera

Does anyone have any knowledge of companies needing toolmakers/cnc mchinists other than on SEEK? Any companies that are happy to take on Brits. All my searching is not bringing up much at all. I know here in England a lot of this type of work is word of mouth and knocking on doors, is this the same in WA.

This profession is still on the Regional Skills list for WA does that really mean there is a shortage or have they just not updated their lists.:skeptical:

Guest spadgersdad

Hi

Hubby came over on skilled visa as a toolmaker, the best advice to give is that employers like face to face interviews, while still in UK they are very reluctant to offer employment, (replied to lots of jobs on seek but no interest until arrived). It also gives you the opportunity to have a look at the company to see if it offers what you are looking for.

Guest Hull FC

My OH came in on a machinist grade 1 trade, we looked on the net on the west australian newpaper online and applied for jobs before we came out here, he had 2 interviews teed up before we came. once we arrived, we found that they were nothing like working conditions or quality of the machinery in the UK. I am talking 9 years ago and I know things have changed alot but he still says it is like going back in time with the machinery, there are other sites like jobs.jobs.jobs.com.au jobsearch.gov.au careerone.com.au and lots of others you may have already tried. these seem to be some of the better sites.....

Does anyone have any knowledge of companies needing toolmakers/cnc mchinists other than on SEEK? Any companies that are happy to take on Brits. All my searching is not bringing up much at all. I know here in England a lot of this type of work is word of mouth and knocking on doors, is this the same in WA.

This profession is still on the Regional Skills list for WA does that really mean there is a shortage or have they just not updated their lists.:skeptical:

Shaz aka the thompsons will gen you up , her oh a cnc machinist is having a very hard time finding work , I have asked around the engineers who come to the steel warehouse wher i work and they are not settin on , as well as the loads of indians knockin on their doors . Bit tough at minute

Guest zimbabwean

Hi, ya im a cnc machinist too and am having the same problem. There were a lot of jobs on seek and co a few months ago when i first started looking but now a search comes up blank. It doesnt look good for us machinists at the moment. Hopefully a bit of door knocking after arrival will work.

Hi,

Cheryl sent you a couple of links on Facebook I think. Did see a few things advertised through the Western Australian etc. Not sure how suitable they are, but they seemed to be the right sort of thing.

A bit of door knocking once you're here might be a good idea - it might also be worth checking out agency work? Would be a start,

Daz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zoerea

Hi

with regards to cnc machinists and toolmakers your best bet is to check out the local papers ie: the west australian (thewest.com.au) My hubby has just secured his 1st job with Begley international as a precision cnc machnist and we've only been here 6 days. Incidently the job market is picking up and more jobs are being advertised, also you might want to try job searching as a 1st class metal machinst.

It took us 2 years to get our permanent visas so hang in there it realy is worth it

:cute:

Guest zoerea

Hi

We were in the same position as you having completed all parts of the 175 visa process and sold our house, it really is just a matter of waiting, it is the most stressful part not knowing but be assured the wheels of power are turning behind the scenes, and try to stay focused, it is an amazing feeling when you get that all important email saying "congratulations you've been accepted", remember if you get this far you are more than likely to be granted your visas, and not everyone even gets past the 1st hurdle so remember you are one of the special few.

Kind regards

zoe(34) chris(38) and grace(3):jiggy:

Archived