Mums in Sydney

Guest Kaydee

Guest Kaydee

Hi

I'm from Ireland - I've been in Sydney for a few years. Just over a year ago I had a little girl and boy did things change :)

I would love to get together with some like minded Mums who are in the same boat as I am - raising a child without their family being close by. I live in Sutherland but can travel. Is anyone interested in meeting up?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kaydee

Hey thanks for the replies - would love to meet up :biggrin: Just say when and where. pm if you prefer

HI, I LIVE IN CARLINGFORD SO ABOUT 45 MINS FROM YOU, I HAVE 2 BOYS 19 AND 18 AND A DAUGHTER 8.

I WOULD LOVE TO MEET UP AS I ONLY GOT HERE IN JANUARY AND AM REALLY STRUGGLING WITH HOMESICKNESS AND SO A COFFEE AND CHAT WOULD BE LOVELY.

LET ME KNOW IF YOUR INTERESTED.

ADY :smile:

It would take us an hour too - haven't got the nerves to do that with two children on my own :eek: (there should be a *hair-raising* smiley for that!)! Would prefer to meet up somewhere a bit closer to home, to be honest.

Hi - I arrived in Oz in January with my hubby and my now 18 month old daughter - I am going through the same thing - I love Sydney but it is hard bringing up a child without the support of extended family - I am even starting to miss my mother-in-law!!

I am in the process of moving to Penshurst which is about a 15 min drive from Sutherland and would love to meet up - when would suit you? I work every weekday except Thursdays.

Guest Kaydee

I work in the city Monday to Thurs, so Friday or Saturday would be good for me. I love Cronulla too but that might be too far for everyone to get too. What locations do we have - Sutherland, Yowie Bay, Penshurst, Caringbah, Carlingford, Kyeemagh. Ady would you be able to get to the Sutherland area or close to it? I wanted to give you a big hug when I read your post, it does get easier. For a place to meet a cafe with a play area or close to a park/playground would be ideal. Looking forward to meeting everyone :biggrin:

I'm not sure where to suggest to be honest. There is the soft play place in the Miranda Westfield but that might not suit everyone. Other than that, I have no idea. It would be really easy in the summer, a picnic in one of the parks/playgrounds or on the beach at Cronulla, but not sure about this time of year. I am happy to drive to Cronulla (as long as I have a postcode for my sat nav:laugh: - I still get lost), or anywhere else really.

I can't seem to think of anywhere either except Miranda shopping centre but am happy to meet wherever suits everyone.

I am in the middle of moving house at the moment so although I would just love to let my other half deal with it all, I can't do this week - after that any Thursday or Saturday would be great. :biggrin:

I'm happy to come down to Cronulla or Miranda as I have a friend in Caringbah so could bring her too as shes also lonely. Let me know and I'll be there lol :smile:

I'm quite flexible with day and time really as my little girl goes to school and I have an 18 year old son who can collect her if need be.

So one day next week???? Tuesday, Wed or Thursday??? :laugh:

Around 11.00 ish ????

Archived