Worried Meds & PC's will expire before visa granted !!!

teejaygb

We e lodged our application 9th May 2008 - front loaded meds & Pc' s 15th Sept 2008 - all finalised then Bricklayer taken off CSL March :sad:quickly applied WA State Sponsorship 17th March - still waiting !!

It is really looking like we may not have our visa before meds expire and even if we get it - its gonna be really short notice to book flights to validate and not cheap for 5 of us. Will DIAC ever extend the time you have to validate ?? Is anyone else in same position.

When will this worrying ever end :arghh:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi teejaygb

The good news is that the validity of meds can be extended by up to 6 months. The bad news is that whether or not to extend them is at the discretion of your CO.

If you want to ask for an extension then you must do so before the visa is granted. The Initial Entry date cannot be altered post-grant except on compelling & compassionate grounds because of something like a sudden bereavement in the close family.

Some COs are happy to go along with requests to defer the Initial Entry date. Others are Jobsworths so it is impossible to predict what will happen except that if you don't ask you won't find out.

Cheers

Gill

Guest moving down under

Good to know, thanks for letting us know Gill.

We are in the same position. We got QLD SS on June 11 and our Meds expire on Nov.28. I really hope we get our visa soon.

i'm on the same boat as you. although i have been assigned a CO on 12th May, submitted all the requested docs by 2nd June and my medical and police report will due the 1 year limit in July. i still yet to hear anything from my CO and that makes me worry too.

Guest shawgorbys

Hi guys we are the same our meds run out in sept and now we have to find another sponser coz the guy who was sponsering my hubby has kept it open for 12months but we havent sold our house so STRESSED OUT &P*********OFF AND ALL Peeps keep saying is chin up it will happen it will all fallinto place lets hope its good to know you can extend for 6months take care andrea,gary,jack,tom,

Hi Moving Down Under and Carl,

Please may I ask you two a question?

I see on both your timelines that you had your meds 'finalised'.

My question is: how were you informed of this? Did you have a CO who told you or were you told by HOC Sydney?

I ask because we had our meds done yesterday and it will be something less to worry about when we know they have been finalised.

Seperately can anyone explain to me about Initial Entry Dates to validate your visa. What are the rules?

Thanks.

Simon.

Hi Moving Down Under and Carl,

Please may I ask you two a question?

I see on both your timelines that you had your meds 'finalised'.

My question is: how were you informed of this? Did you have a CO who told you or were you told by HOC Sydney?

I ask because we had our meds done yesterday and it will be something less to worry about when we know they have been finalised.

Seperately can anyone explain to me about Initial Entry Dates to validate your visa. What are the rules?

Thanks.

Simon.

Hi,

As we lodged online - we can track the progress of our application online via DIAC website - you need your TRN number and main applicants passport number - on our page it was updated back in December 10th 2008 stating finalised next to each applicants medicals details. Hope this helps you.

Also for your other question - upon visa grant you have 12months from the date you did Meds and Police checks to enter OZ to validate your visa, whichever was earliest. Our meds were done way back in September last year - hence my worrying they may expire prior to our visa been granted or it will be a close shave !!

Thanks to Gollywobbler for info on extension possibilities thats good to know - think I'll wait for SS to be granted and then get in touch with DIAC and ask the question, do you think this is the way to go ?? Or would I be better asking now before SS ??? Oh crikey so hard to know what to do for the best.

One word of caution about the online checker, though.. our's still says that my Meds are being processed, but we have had an email confirming they were finalised a month ago. We got this as it seemed to have taken so long to get mine finalised & so we asked our agent to chase on our behalf.

Reading this thread, it's amazing how many people seem to have ticked all the boxes but still be waiting for the visa. We should form a club!

J

Archived