Beers / Social in Perth

Guest Danjohn

Guest Danjohn

Hi All,

Moved over to Perth from UK a year ago with my wife who's from these parts originally. We have a 7 month old boy so its been a busy time since we got here. Anyway, looking to broaden the options socially beyond Aussie/S African work colleagues and the wife's old school mates! So any other new Dads, or anyone who simply want to catch up for a beer or two some time, drop me a line.

Cheers,

Dan

(Northern suburbs)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Dan,

Been here for 2 months, moved over from U.K. with my wife to Clarkson area. We dont have any children but when we have settled down a little it would be good to meet up for beer.

Cheers Mate.

Movin up north from Kally , landlord a complete **** , money grabbin for no pay out , lookin at end of August Somerly and around so make one in the Whale sometime ,spent 6 mon ths up there so , know the place lol

Mally

Guest himnher

Hi Everyone!

Me & missus are in Kinross so would be up for a meet if anything gets arranged?!

Hi Everyone!

Me & missus are in Kinross so would be up for a meet if anything gets arranged?!

Gday himnher.:smile:

In the middle of moving to Clarkson at mo and seeking a more permanent job, so a little busy. Will arrange a meet when more settled mate.

You just joined PIO? How long have you been in Perth.

Cheers.

Guest angela sykes

Hi dan

we have been here 10 weeks now living in tapping but we go down to the boat at mindarie every sunday. you and your wife should come down to meet us.

Angela

Guest himnher

yeah only just found the site doh! we have been here in WA since Christmas, just got settled with jobs, house etc and need to meet new folk!!! i love my missus dearly, but she is driving me up the wall, getting me to do chores etc etc cos we are billy no mates at the mo! help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Danjohn

Hi Angela,

Yea we try and get up to Mindarie every so often ourselves. A meet up sounds like a plan. Maybe in a couple of Sunday's time (19th)?

Dan

Guest angela sykes

Hi Dan ,

That sounds great we will definatley be there though i wont be drinking as much wine as i did yesterday!! Not feeling too well today lol.

If anybody else fancies it the more the merrier

Angela x

Guest Danjohn

mate, I know what you mean about the chores!

We're in North Beach at the moment. The Carine pub is the place we frequent when we get a chance - which is not often with the little one. Open to other recommendations though.

Guest himnher

Well I'm overdue for a meet up and a bevvy! The marina at Mindarie sounds good too! Will speak to she that must be obeyed and check time/date etc etc!

Guest adamsfamily

hi angela,

i am living at quinns and been here about the same time as you (arrived on april 12th). Would love to meet up with you one sunday. What timedo you get there for abround? Can't do this sunday as out sat nite - could be a late one! I'm nikki (37) hubby Dave (39) Zoe (10) and Libby 5 and three quarters - very important that!) take care.

Guest angela sykes
hi angela,

i am living at quinns and been here about the same time as you (arrived on april 12th). Would love to meet up with you one sunday. What timedo you get there for abround? Can't do this sunday as out sat nite - could be a late one! I'm nikki (37) hubby Dave (39) Zoe (10) and Libby 5 and three quarters - very important that!) take care.

Hi Nikki

That sounds great we normally get there about 3.00. Should we all go on the 19th as Dan suggested? We are having a girls night out friday next week if anybody fancies it aswell?? In joondalup....look at me im never in lol!!

Nikki my children are nearly the same age as yours aswell Brandon is 11 and Brett is 5 .The other couples we meet there have children similar ages aswell they like to play on the tennis courts at the side , last week they were looking for dolphins in the marina with the binoculars lol.

Anyway hope everybody can make that day it will be good to meet up with everyone

and have a good night sat Nikki

Ange xxx

Guest adamsfamily

yes that sounds good to me! I went to the new bar in Jondalup last sat. - Sovereign Arms. Good nite in there, Disco playing 80/90's. Much better atmosphere than Old Bailey on a Sat. I think.

Thanks Angie and c u at the Boatx

Hi Dan ,

That sounds great we will definatley be there though i wont be drinking as much wine as i did yesterday!! Not feeling too well today lol.

If anybody else fancies it the more the merrier

Angela x

Hi Angela

Me and my family moved to Perth 19th June. Staying with friends in Ballajura untill our furniture gets here the end of July. We have been accepted for a house in Kingsley so will move in there 1st August. The wife (Nic) and me (Jase) and kids Emma 13 and Owen 8 would love to join you guys one sunday for a beer and a chat. Apart from the friends we are staying with we have not got to know anyone yet and would like a few different topics of conversation!!!!!

Jase Nic Emma & Owen :yes:

3pm on Sunday 19th sounds good! We'll be there

Cann 2 old gits join in , we are at kallaroo but lived at somerly for 6 months and frequented the indie and boat , its not bad at the whale and ale clarko ,meals are pretty good beer aint bad but not bin in for a few months

mally n Nic

Guest angela sykes
Hi Angela

Me and my family moved to Perth 19th June. Staying with friends in Ballajura untill our furniture gets here the end of July. We have been accepted for a house in Kingsley so will move in there 1st August. The wife (Nic) and me (Jase) and kids Emma 13 and Owen 8 would love to join you guys one sunday for a beer and a chat. Apart from the friends we are staying with we have not got to know anyone yet and would like a few different topics of conversation!!!!!

Hi Jase,

Well if you cannot make next sunday we will have a drive down to a place near you when you move in if you like? Good luck with your move and if you can try to come down to The boat on sunday it should be fun.

Ange x

Guest angela sykes
Cann 2 old gits join in , we are at kallaroo but lived at somerly for 6 months and frequented the indie and boat , its not bad at the whale and ale clarko ,meals are pretty good beer aint bad but not bin in for a few months

mally n Nic

Hi mally are u going to come down on sunday then? I would like to try the other place you said aswell we are still trying to find good places to eat and have a few drinks.

ange x

Guest Tracey Jay
Hi Angela

Hi there,

we are moving to Perth in September. We are looking at Woodvale and now Kingsley. We"d like to get our daughter who"s 13 today into Woodvale High. My son"s 9 so hey they may have new friends already!!!

How have you found getting a rental? There does not seem to be that many on offer. We were looking at just Woodvale to beging with but there does seem to be a few more in Kingsley. Is it a nice area? Guess it must be if you are moving there...lol.

Enjoy your beers on Sunday.....Cheers Tracey.

Hi Tracey,

We love the area's of Woodvale, Kingsley,Greenwood and all other area's arround. We are off on 21st to see Woodlvale high school with Emma and hope to get her in. We have to see with Owen its either Creaney or Duncrain, the fisrt is better i think and just up the road from house. We found the rental system a bit strange as you put one weeks rent down when you apply so if you do one at a time you could lose one while being refused another or you could be accepted on both and have to loose one deposit. They dont like you to view individually there has to be a bit of an open house!!! But luckly the first one and only one we went for we got. We fell in love with it straight away and ones with a pool are scarce, some we looked at were rough and not cheap. This one includes gardening, pool maitenance and chemicals so all in its very good. When we got here we drove round for 2 weeks working out which areas we liked and could eventually afford to buy so we dont have to move kids to often.

When you get here you will have to get in touch and we can meet up. Are you on Face book? My email is nicola.woodley@btopenworld.com.

Nic Jase Emma & Owen

Guest angela sykes
Hi I know this is the wrong thread to post this but.........

I got the job i wanted today :jiggy:.... looking forward to Sunday even more now see you at 3 ish at the Boat

Jase

Congratulations on getting the job! Looks like it should be a good day on Sunday i think we will get a taxi home lol . Just one thing how will we all know each other? lol

Ange x

Guest Tracey Jay
Hi Tracey,

We love the area's of Woodvale, Kingsley,Greenwood and all other area's arround. We are off on 21st to see Woodlvale high school with Emma and hope to get her in. We have to see with Owen its either Creaney or Duncrain, the fisrt is better i think and just up the road from house. We found the rental system a bit strange as you put one weeks rent down when you apply so if you do one at a time you could lose one while being refused another or you could be accepted on both and have to loose one deposit. They dont like you to view individually there has to be a bit of an open house!!! But luckly the first one and only one we went for we got. We fell in love with it straight away and ones with a pool are scarce, some we looked at were rough and not cheap. This one includes gardening, pool maitenance and chemicals so all in its very good. When we got here we drove round for 2 weeks working out which areas we liked and could eventually afford to buy so we dont have to move kids to often.

When you get here you will have to get in touch and we can meet up. Are you on Face book? My email is nicola.woodley@btopenworld.com.

Nic Jase Emma & Owen

Hi Nic,

Thanks for reply...ye on facebook gunna ad you next, thanx for that.

Congrats on other halfs job, bet you are all well chuffed. Everything seems to be falling into place for you. Good luck with the move.

Enjoy sunday...wish I was there alreay instead of here packing...lol....my time will come!!!

Cheers Tracey :chatterbox:

Guest Bev02

Does anyone mind if I (single) gatecrash the meet up? I'm in Innaloo so not too far away and have been here 18 months, would love to meet more people.

Archived