PMV processing times - let's twiddle our thumbs in the meantime!

Smiler

Guest teammonkei

OMG we just got the email - we got it!!!!!

It took her all up 2 weeks to process it INCLUDING the extra info she asked for. We only sent the application in on the 31st or something...amazing.

WOOOOOHOOOOO!

We have to work out the notice we have to give the job/landlord etc and then off we go!

Thanks to EVERYONE for all the support and answering of stupid questions. You were all lifesavers :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nadjez

hey guys i finally sent off my prospective marriage visa application today!!! ahhrrr so now it's the waiting game : )

Guest teammonkei

Nadjez our fingers are crossed for you and we look forward to hearing how it goes!! Woo!

We booked our tickets yesterday after getting the visa put in the passport at Aussie House. Brilliant stuff. Home in 6 weeks!

Guest Nadjez

hey steve and team monkei how long from sending ur applications did u have an email from case officer? i know it was bout 2 weeks for u smiler wasn't it.

ooh i hope ur havin a fab time in melbourne with duke, must be great knowing you don't have to be apart again huh. well it's been nearlly a week ( a week 2moz) since i sent application and not herd anything other than payment been taken on monday, i can't help but feel a little helpless and disapointed at the mo.

hopefully will hear something soon xx

• 2 weeks later...

im furious just rang immi as sent prospective marriage visa in nearlly 3 weeks ago herd nothing, he said i have got a csae officer who has done initial assesment but looks like they are going to request a letter from celebrant . I SENT THE LETTER WITH THE COMPLETE FRONTLOADED APPLICATION!!!!!!!!! sorry im so mad , he gave me details of case oficer, i rang left a message but it wasn't even her voice mail, will send an email also, god it really gets my blood going , if they have lost the letter can i just send the photocopy, or do i have to get her to write another letter (she is away at the mo) oh my god when will they ring me ahhrrr!!!!

tried to sent email, doesnt work phoned again to confirm case officers details, got the correct number rang it but she is away til 8th september and cannot leave a voice mail : ( and the email address was right but it doesn't work for me. i am soo disapointed right now. but then on the other hand i suppose i can not be living in limbo for a week obsessing and checking emails as i know the case officer is away til next week.

fingers crossed.

Nadine

Guest teammonkei

hi there nadine!

I'm so sorry, I never got an email about your original post there! It took us about 3 days to get the initial email from our CO but from the looks of it she was quite an exceptional case.

I'm so sorry to hear you're being messed around. I would hope that if the mistake is on their end and they have simply misplaced your celebrant's letter that a copy would do. I was lucky in that my celebrant sent me 2 copies in the first place in case that happened.

Argh I'm frustrated for you!

Keep us updated and try not to stew too badly over it, though I certainly know it's a lot easier said than done...feel free to pm me if you need to rant!

Erin xo

hi erin thankyou hun god i did get so upset when found it out but hopefully if that is the only problem all should go well once is sorted i duno have no idea it is just sofustrating also that i can not speak to the case officer til next week u know it's more time, haha im not working and spending all me savings and don't wana start packing as i don't wana jinx myself hehe what am i like .

Hurry up case officer so can sort out what is going on !!

thankyou hun

Nadine xx

hey guys a case officer rang me from immi, she was my orginal case officer but had handed my application to the other one whilst she was away, she has gone through my paper work and found my letter from my marriage celebrant and will be finalising my aplication in next couple of days? what do ya recon this means, good news or bad news?

hey guys finally got me visa yipeee!!!! it was actually granted last wednesday but they sent it to the wrong email address !!!! so rang today and she told me whoop whhoopp. so i sent application for prospective marriage visa on 13th August , they took payment on 17th August and visa was granted on 2nd september!!

whoop whoop right oh dear i better get packing!!

Guest teammonkei

Quantas for us. Just happened to be the cheapest fares that came up!! Where are you heading? We should have meetups for all us PMV/De Facto types :D

definately hun, we're in Perth , change of plan wanted to go next week, but it's mums 50th 4th oct and my brothers 18th on 14th oct so will wait til then then fly out on 15th october, although i madly want to be with SHane oh well just gotta hang in there 4 and a half more weeks, hehe. xx

• 2 weeks later...

thanks smiler , yay ticket is booked flying with malaysian airlines 15th october yippeee, i hear u finally have the net going smiler , thats good. and u got all ur documents for marriage sorted now, u settled in? also when are u applying for the spousal visa? xx

Hi Nadjez!

How exciting!! I'm so glad things are on the move for you! 15th Oct will arrive before you know it and then you will be back with Shanie! :)

We had a great wedding, both in London (civil ceremony) and Oz (reg office). Will send you pics soon. Once I have the money for the Spouse visa application I will go ahead and apply - hopefully it won't be as stressful as the PMV. I have actually posted a thread to ask people how the process goes from this stage so will await replies.

Congrats once again. Chat soon

Smiler x

hey smiler, glad both ur weddings turned out great : ) yay can't wait to see the pics.

yeah hopefully someone will answer to ur other thread soon .

: )

Nadine x

• 1 month later...

Have given in my temp spouse visa - the second hurdle (getting it granted) is not too long away...pleeeeeeeaaaazzzzzzzzzzzeee!

Patience is a virtue - I just can't find mine at the moment. I think my sanity went after the Prospective marriage visa application. I'm starting to babble now so I will go before it becomes contagious

Good day to all fellow PIOs.

Good luck with your spouse visa, Smiler :hug:

I've just been reading through the 971i form I received when I got mine on Friday and it says they will want evidence to show that our relationship is still genuine and continuing etc. when it comes to the stage 2 processing for the permanent version 2 years from now. I'm glad I bought all those extra folders and there we were thinking that our days of saving every letter, receipt and bill were behind us! I don't mind it at all because I understand why but I have no idea where we are going to store all the paperwork we will accumulate because we run out of spaces to put things once my stuff arrives from England :smile:

Guest siamsusie
Have given in my temp spouse visa - the second hurdle (getting it granted) is not too long away...pleeeeeeeaaaazzzzzzzzzzzeee!

Patience is a virtue - I just can't find mine at the moment. I think my sanity went after the Prospective marriage visa application. I'm starting to babble now so I will go before it becomes contagious

Good day to all fellow PIOs.

Smiler good luck with your visa, like childbirth the pain will go away soon:hug:

Thanks Happy Lass and Siamsusie

Yeah Happy Lass - my hubby thinks I'm nutz the way I keep little bits of paper that he thinks are only worthy for the rubbish tip lol but it all goes towards the evidence.

Siam Susie - yikes! I've yet to experience the pain of childbirth but I wince just at the thought!! :twitcy:

:biggrin:

Archived