PMV processing times - let's twiddle our thumbs in the meantime!

Smiler

Guest JayCook77
Hi guys,

My fiancee has received an email requesting meds and police checks, which we have forwarded to the case officer. Hope all goes well after this.

Can anyone tell me if they were asked to provide anything else after this stage was passed?

I can't wait to have him back here!!!

Without knowing all the stuff you have sent already its hard to say.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about 4 weeks after sending meds, mine got his visa without anything else needed, that was March 3rd we got granted. Good luck!!

Guest JayCook77
about 4 weeks after sending meds, mine got his visa without anything else needed, that was March 3rd we got granted. Good luck!!

If he got granted 3rd March when was his Initial Entry date for ?

Guest JayCook77
his initial entry date is 20th August, flying next week tho

How does it work with working if he comes over earlier? Has he got to wait until August 20th ???

I only ask as I have a job to go to in Aus and its much better than what I am resorted to doing now, and if possible I'd like to get working after a week of getting back over there so we can save some money up for spending on our honeymoon.

no it just means that he has to have made initial entry before 20th August, in order to activate his visa, so thats the latest date he can arrive, but this visa allows him to work, get medicare etc straight away, so if he wanted to he can work the next day after he arrives next week! Once you get your visa granted, the email you recieve will tell you that, just to put your mind at rest, i did just read his again to check

Guest JayCook77
no it just means that he has to have made initial entry before 20th August, in order to activate his visa, so thats the latest date he can arrive, but this visa allows him to work, get medicare etc straight away, so if he wanted to he can work the next day after he arrives next week! Once you get your visa granted, the email you recieve will tell you that, just to put your mind at rest, i did just read his again to check

Why do they call it the initial entry date if its actually the last day you can enter before your Visa might be cut off, Why don't they give you TWO dates, IE the first date would be when you are allowed to enter from (incase it is granted more than nine months before your wedding date) and the second date would be the latest date you HAVE to be in Australia, calling it the initial entry date has confussed me something cronic for the last 6 months...LOL I am SOOOOOOO glad you have been able to clear this up for me, You can probably imagine how jittery I have been these last few months and worse since starting my application officially, Now it feels like a huge date has been lifted off my shoulders and I SOOO Don't even care that I have to wash dishes for the next few weeks while I wait for the visa to hopefully be granted cus I know I will be booking my flight within minutes of getting my passport back from them with the Visa stamp.... Thanks AGAIN!!!!!

no worries, good luck with everything! He booked his flight before his passport even got sent back! that only took 3 days aswell incase you need to know from when he sent his passport to when he received it back! I know it is very confusing the whole process is really! They do give you 2 dates, the second date is when you have to be married and have applied for the second part by! so ours is 3rd Dec 10, 9 months after his visa was granted (3rd March) CONFUSING!!! but we managed so I'm sure you'll be right! Good luck with everything, marriage and visa! where abouts will you be living?

jay, just a quick thought, ive read some of your previous posts, u do know you have to marry within 9 months of visa being granted? ie me and si will must marry and apply for 2nd visa by 3rd dec as we got granted 3rd march..... i read somewhere that you were hoping to marry feb 2011? maybe a bit tight....

Jay, in another thread, I've just asked you the same question that carla has asked in the above post. If you have firm plans for a wedding on 5th February 2011, you need to contact your CO to see if you can arrange for your visa to be granted after 5th May this year. If you get it any earlier than that, you'll have to move the wedding forward.

Guest JayCook77
jay, just a quick thought, ive read some of your previous posts, u do know you have to marry within 9 months of visa being granted? ie me and si will must marry and apply for 2nd visa by 3rd dec as we got granted 3rd march..... i read somewhere that you were hoping to marry feb 2011? maybe a bit tight....

The reason our wedding was booked for Feb 2011 was because we had read inplaces that the Visa took up to 10 months to be processed and we wanted to have a couple of months or so for me to get into work and get settled in before the wedding, Now that we know it takes a shortyer time we are worrying aswell, I am hopeful that they will give me a decision by the middle of May and I can fly out by June time, That gives me at least a month after our wedding to get the second part of the Visa started.

Guest JayCook77
Jay, in another thread, I've just asked you the same question that carla has asked in the above post. If you have firm plans for a wedding on 5th February 2011, you need to contact your CO to see if you can arrange for your visa to be granted after 5th May this year. If you get it any earlier than that, you'll have to move the wedding forward.

As part of the application for the PMV you have to have booked your marriage date and got a notice of intent to marry, I doubt very much that Immigration would ignore these dates and I expect they wont grant me until after 5th may at the earliest anyway.

Guest JayCook77
no worries, good luck with everything! He booked his flight before his passport even got sent back! that only took 3 days aswell incase you need to know from when he sent his passport to when he received it back! I know it is very confusing the whole process is really! They do give you 2 dates, the second date is when you have to be married and have applied for the second part by! so ours is 3rd Dec 10, 9 months after his visa was granted (3rd March) CONFUSING!!! but we managed so I'm sure you'll be right! Good luck with everything, marriage and visa! where abouts will you be living?

Carla what visa do you apply for in the scond part as I wanna start getting all that paperwork together.

And I will be living in Upper Coomera with Fiancées parents.

o wow we are moving to coomera waters with my parents, so won't be far! how funny. Mm I'm not sre that you can start doing that until your married. to be honest we havnt looked into it as we are just pleased to get this one over and done, will start looknig into it after the wedding.

Guest JayCook77
o wow we are moving to coomera waters with my parents, so won't be far! how funny. Mm I'm not sre that you can start doing that until your married. to be honest we havnt looked into it as we are just pleased to get this one over and done, will start looknig into it after the wedding.

Good luck with your wedding and I am only looking into getting the paperwork together for the second Visa not actually applying for it, I expect the end date of my Visa will be very close to after my wedding so I just want to be prepared with any paperwork I need to bring with me from the UK.

• 3 months later...

Hellooeeeeeee,

We applied for a PMV 300 in June and we were told the wait would be around 3-4 months from our CO. I have looked at other threads on here and the partner visa processing time seems to have been set at 5-6 months now, does anyone know whether this is the same for the PMV as it is a temporary visa? Thanks

Guest JustinM
Hellooeeeeeee,

We applied for a PMV 300 in June and we were told the wait would be around 3-4 months from our CO. I have looked at other threads on here and the partner visa processing time seems to have been set at 5-6 months now

i applied for our pmv 1.5 weeks ago havehad money taken but no co yet. i was under the assumption that it was 3-4 months...i am absolutely devestated to read this 5-6 months that has come up in the last week. this must be an election directive....this i going to be so hard for me and my oh caue we cant live together at the moment. i want to shoot someone! i z

Hi Justin,

We are in the same situation, I'm in the UK and my oh is in Australia.The wait drives you crazy, logging in everyday checking for mail. They took the money in a couple of days but it was then probably another week before I received an email from our co. They told me then that it would be 3-4 months wait. Hopefully as you put your application in during the new financial year and during the lead up to the election then what they told you will still stand. This is good news being told 3-4 months a week and a half ago!!

We are going to contact our co when we have done two months wait to enquire as to whether they would let me go over on a tourist visa and then go on holiday somewhere when my visa is given. Waiting for another 2 months is going to drive us to distraction. Please don't do anything they'll take your police cert off you :-)!!!

i applied for our pmv 1.5 weeks ago havehad money taken but no co yet. i was under the assumption that it was 3-4 months...i am absolutely devestated to read this 5-6 months that has come up in the last week. this must be an election directive....this i going to be so hard for me and my oh caue we cant live together at the moment. i want to shoot someone! i z

Ahh Justin, I've just seen your post about phoning AH... that is awful news, there was me being optimistic. I am a teacher and so I had to hand in my notice or work till Christmas, thinking I would be going mid Sept... I didn't want to be trapped here that long. I find myself in a situation that isn't very funny. I am going to phone AH tomorrow about applying for a tourist visa - I'll let you know what they say, perhaps your oh could do this also.

Guest JustinM
Ahh Justin, I've just seen your post about phoning AH... that is awful news, there was me being optimistic. I am a teacher and so I had to hand in my notice or work till Christmas, thinking I would be going mid Sept... I didn't want to be trapped here that long. I find myself in a situation that isn't very funny. I am going to phone AH tomorrow about applying for a tourist visa - I'll let you know what they say, perhaps your oh could do this also.

we got the letter from the case officer yesterday confirming 5/6 months. my fiancee already has a 12 month tourist visa - she has been out here twice in the last few months. she has already quit her job, so she could come over here for 2 months and prepare the application with me. so shes in limbo - should she get another job cause 6 months is too long, or come out here another couple of times during the process?

i think she is going to try and get some temp work for a couple of months, then come out here for 3. frustrating!

we got the letter from the case officer yesterday confirming 5/6 months. my fiancee already has a 12 month tourist visa - she has been out here twice in the last few months. she has already quit her job, so she could come over here for 2 months and prepare the application with me. so shes in limbo - should she get another job cause 6 months is too long, or come out here another couple of times during the process?

i think she is going to try and get some temp work for a couple of months, then come out here for 3. frustrating!

Hiya Justin,

I spoke to my co today and he confirmed the news - 5-6 months for us tooo :-(. He said I could apply for a tourist visa and so I think I will do this towards the end of September. I am going to stay here for a month of two and get some supply teaching work and then go over on a hol. My pennies will start to disappear if I keep popping over and back again too often. Doing something for a couple of months will stop me checking my mails during the day and so it can only be a good thing!! I need to keep my mind occupied!! :chatterbox:

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update and need some advice too! My fiancee and I are getting married in 3 weeks (yay!). It's been a long process but we're so glad we did it. But getting married also brings us to the next step in his Visa application (and more paperwork!).

Just wondering if anyone who has already been through the second stage of the application can give me some advice about police checks. My fiancee and I got all the police checks he needed at the beginning of the year for his PMV application, which included and Australian Police check. Do we need to get another Australian police check for him as he has been in this country for the last 7 months? I dont mind getting it again, just want to make sure so I can start organising it now.

I'm also assuming that he doesnt need police checks from the other countries he's lived in as he hasnt been back to them and already got those police checks last time. Would I be correct in assuming this?

I hope everyone else here has been having good luck regarding their applications. It's time consuming and nerve-wracking, but in the end it is definitely worth it!!

Thanks guys!

Archived