Young, carefree and in Melbourne?!!!

Guest Kiri Greenhill

The more the merrier. My OH won't be able to make it this time but all welcome.

Let me know if you're coming and I'll PM you my mobile number.

Leanda x

Im 28 bloke from brighton, my missus is 26 from bristol.

Both been here for 4 months, up for meetin up, maybe able to make this thursday.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kateltham

Oh cool I'm glad we have another man - my housemate Jason is coming along and is very outnumbered! What a pommy night it will be. As Leanda says, i'm sure we will do it again Gill.

I have a second interview tomorrow so am going to have to come suited and booted. With any luck I will go to the right place this time!

Good luck with the 2nd interview.

See you tomorrow

Leanda x

Oh cool I'm glad we have another man - my housemate Jason is coming along and is very outnumbered! What a pommy night it will be. As Leanda says, i'm sure we will do it again Gill.

I have a second interview tomorrow so am going to have to come suited and booted. With any luck I will go to the right place this time!

Guest simon from spain

Hi this is Lynne Simons wife I am married, old and have 2 kids, STILL have no visa and STILL in Spain so I cant make Thursday!!! :laugh:

I was just being nosey and reading all your plans for Thurs eve ( ah the good old days, lol). Anyway I just wanted to say I hope you all have a really great evening and make some great friends. Have one for me x :yes:

Guest Kiri Greenhill

Wow- i haven't checked in for a couple of days and now it seems to have become quite the event! How exciting! I look forward to meeting you all tonight :-)

Guest Jennir25

Hiya,

It was lovely meeting everyone who could make it last night.

I'm going for drinks at the Belgian Beer Cafe on St Kilda Road on Sunday afternoon, if anyone fancies coming along it is a "more the merrier" kind of thing.:biggrin:

Was good to meet you and everyone else also.

Sunday sounds fun but already have plans. Keep in touch and let me know for the next time.

Leanda x

Hiya,

It was lovely meeting everyone who could make it last night.

I'm going for drinks at the Belgian Beer Cafe on St Kilda Road on Sunday afternoon, if anyone fancies coming along it is a "more the merrier" kind of thing.:biggrin:

Guest Kiri Greenhill

I can't make Sunday either, but thanks for the invite :-)

Yeah i thought the bar tour looked good, appropriate for us foreigners that would never find them otherwise!

Guest Nic1983

Hey, was great meeting everyone! Will be good to get together again soon on a friday / Sat!!

Is everyone on facebook? Might be easy to organise stuff through that with a group message!

Guest Kiri Greenhill
Hey, was great meeting everyone! Will be good to get together again soon on a friday / Sat!!

Is everyone on facebook? Might be easy to organise stuff through that with a group message!

Yeah we said that last night after you left/ Kat took down a couple of email address's to add on facebook, but if you wanna add me now my email is kirigreenhill@gmail.com (original i know!)

Guest Kiri Greenhill
Mine is jenni_raggett@hotmail.com

A friend of mine had Resurectedfrombarbie as hers and regretted it when she had to give it out so I don't mind being a little unoriginal on this one :o)

Added you :-)

(yes i'm the loser sitting at home on the computer!)

Guest Jennir25

I'll accept when I get home. My work won't let me on Facebook :o( For some reason they don't see it as a productive use of my time! Thankfully they haven't banned this site yet though!

Guest kateltham

It was so fab to meet everyone last night! I've ony just got round to adding people on facebook, my one task for the day! Stayed over at Matt's in Port Melbourne and by the time we had both stopped suffering hangovers long enough to get in the car and drive it was about 5pm! :confused: Just been to see Bruno too, totally recommend it even if it is in such bad taste!

Hope everyone got back ok and I am well up for the bar tour/other night out on a weekend. Jenni, I may make Sunday, although J is having some work mates over tomorrow so it will depend on the state of the hangover but sounds like fun!

Oh, and I got the job! WOOOOOOOP!!! Sooooo happy! Look forward to seeing you all again and when we're all linked up on FB I'll set us up a group (which was also my task, but I have been far too incompus mentus today to do anything vaguely intellingent! Speak soon, my email is katherineannepsom@gmail.com btw... x

Guest Sharonp

Hi Guys

I'm a newbie on the site, migrated over from Ireland with the oh a few months back- would love to meet some new drinking buddies.! Would be great to come along to your next night out if thats ok :)

my email is shar_perkins@yahoo.com

All The Best

Sharon

Guest VickyMackenzie

Hey all!!

I've just arrived here from London. Currently staying with a very understanding and fab friend in South Melbourne, but am looking to get a house/flat share for a few months.

Would love to meet some new people to go for coffee/drinks :) Would also love to tag along on your next get together.

Will email you Sharon, hope thats ok, and maybe could meet up

Speak to ya soon I hope

Vicky x

Guest Pomprincess

Hello all

Sorry for crashing your thread but I get the feeling from your posts that you are girls about town who know the social life in Melbourne.

I'm looking to move to either Melbourne or Sydney from Blighty in the next 6 months or so. Employment isn't a problem as I will be able to get sponsorship for either, but I need to decide which one I want to live in for the next two years or so.

Would you be able to tell me a little about the good and the bad of living in Melbourne? I'm new to the forum band everyone seems lovely, but it does appear to be a lot of families so it would be great to get your take on things?

Btw I'm 29, accountant (no, not a boring one!) like to be sociable, dinner out, drinks, occasional cheesy disco after a few G&Ts, y'know the type of thing!!

Enjoy your meeting up and hope to hear from you soon!

Laura xx:biggrin:

Guest Kiri Greenhill

Hey, very sorry for not replying to the last few posts. After we all met up with other night we all added each other on facebook and i guess we haven't checked in on this thread since then! Are you all on facebook? Not sure when or where the next evening will be- only know it will be a weekend not a week night this time! But will definately keep you posted and anyone welcome- the more the merrier :-)

Guest Kiri Greenhill

Hi Laura,

I have only spent a weekend in Sydney so don't know enough about it to compare the 2, but i always knew i wanted to live in Melbourne and i love it. I have been here for about 14 months now and still finding plenty to do. Melbourne has loads going on but i'm sure Sydney does too. Just depends where you feel drawn to... :-)

Hello all

Sorry for crashing your thread but I get the feeling from your posts that you are girls about town who know the social life in Melbourne.

I'm looking to move to either Melbourne or Sydney from Blighty in the next 6 months or so. Employment isn't a problem as I will be able to get sponsorship for either, but I need to decide which one I want to live in for the next two years or so.

Would you be able to tell me a little about the good and the bad of living in Melbourne? I'm new to the forum band everyone seems lovely, but it does appear to be a lot of families so it would be great to get your take on things?

Btw I'm 29, accountant (no, not a boring one!) like to be sociable, dinner out, drinks, occasional cheesy disco after a few G&Ts, y'know the type of thing!!

Enjoy your meeting up and hope to hear from you soon!

Laura xx:biggrin:

Archived