Young, carefree and in Melbourne?!!!

Guest Kiri Greenhill

they're just visiting in feb, got a years holiday/work visa so depends how that all goes, one friend seems very open to the idea of moving which is great. if u have facebook my name's Liane Leighton, feel free to add me, i only check on here maybe once a week :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hazelandmathew

Hi, We also live in Gardenvale. Im 27(almost 28) and my hubby is 32 (almost 33). Im gutted I have only come across this thread now. Hoping to get to a meetup and meet some fellow poms. We've been here for 8 months now. How about yourselves?

Hazel

Guest hazelandmathew
Hi,

would have liked to have joined you for a drink but I am busy this Thursday :-( Just to introduce myself - I am Gill and I came over to Melbourne in March from Hertford with my husband Chris and we are up for meeting new people. We are living in Gardenvale. I am 32 and Chris is 34.

Maybe another time

gill

Hi, We also live in Gardenvale. Im 27(almost 28) and my hubby is 32 (almost 33). Im gutted I have only come across this thread now. Hoping to get to a meetup and meet some fellow poms. We've been here for 8 months now. How about yourselves?

Hazel

Guest budman

hi guys

me and the oh live in point cook, been here about 2 years and loving it. we are in our 30s with no kids and would be happy to meet up in the new year.

katie & brian

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm not much been happening on here for a couple of months with xmas and all....maybe it's time to organise another nite out??? any takers???

Guest Kathryn7
Yeah i'd say it'll b sumwhere in the city, its fairly central for most ppl :)

Is it worth starting a new thread and trying to organise something in the next couple of weeks??

Hi,

Barry and I are coming over on 15th February until 2nd March to look for where to live once me move over in August. If anyone wants to meet up whilst we are over, then that would be great!

liane, we would also love to meet you and your friends whilst we are over too.

vanessa x

Hi vanessa, yeah there's lots going on in feb..cant wait for my mates to come over, and to meet u guys. I was thinking feb/early march will b the best time to meet up as there's so many more newbies here lol.

Guest Kathryn7
Hi,

Barry and I are coming over on 15th February until 2nd March to look for where to live once me move over in August. If anyone wants to meet up whilst we are over, then that would be great!

liane, we would also love to meet you and your friends whilst we are over too.

vanessa x

Sounds like a great idea Vanessa.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kiri Greenhill

I'm amazed at how this thread has developed! I certainly didn't think it would go on this this far and i'd meet so many great people through it! great idea started a new one Liane! Next night on the 27th February- it's gonna be a good one!

hi beckinik, we are meeting at young & jacksons on te 27th at 7pm...should b a few ppl from here meeting up so feel free to come along :)

Guest Josephinus

i will be up for this - I'm Jo arriving in Melbs on the 16th so will give me time to settle. Staying with some Auzzie friends but want friends from the UK who I can hang out with too. Please keep me updated! thanks. PS I am 28 but a young 28 lol great stuff be good to meet you all x

Guest Kiri Greenhill
hi kiri im also originally from brum, im 23 moved with myaustralian bf who is 28! would be great to have a group catch up! living in mitcham at the mo

Hey, you'll definately have to come out- it's be great to have another brummie!! Come along on the 27th :-) How long have you been out here?

Guest Kiri Greenhill
i will be up for this - I'm Jo arriving in Melbs on the 16th so will give me time to settle. Staying with some Auzzie friends but want friends from the UK who I can hang out with too. Please keep me updated! thanks. PS I am 28 but a young 28 lol great stuff be good to meet you all x

Yes definately come along :-) Join the facebook group melbourne poms in oz, we organise most of the catch ups on there. Hope you see you then

Archived