Supporters Clubs Australia 6-A-Side Tournament - Sydney

Guest ljs

Hi All,

Please see info which has been sent to Supporters Clubs and was wondering if you would look to enter a team by joining one of the participating Clubs or creating your own PomsInOz team .

Even if you're not a player you are welcome to come along as plenty of Wives, Girlfriends and Kids are coming to make it a family day.

There have been quite a few enquiries and questions since I sent out the initial invite to the Supporters Clubs Australia 6-A-Side Tournament last week so I’ve decide to outline below a few of the FAQ’s and answers which will hopefully make things clear.

- You must be part of or enter a team, teams cannot just turn up and register on the day.

- The event will take place on Sunday 16th August at 11:00 am and is a one day tournament.

- Venue – Manly Vale – Calabria Club, widely regarded has having the best outdoor futsal pitches in NSW and more importantly are not affected should we have some rain. Link http://calabriabowling.com.au/main/page_activity_information_soccer__hockey.html

- Would expect the tournament to last until approximately 4:30 although this does depend on a prompt start.

- Match officials and Match rules plus all other football related issues will be managed by lovefootball.com.au who will ensure that all runs smoothly, a full copy of the rules will be sent out prior to the event to ensure there is total clarity.

- Should there be a clash of strips in a game lovefootball will provide bibs to eliminate confusion.

- Lovefootball will provide all of the football equipment

- The event will consist of group stages to ensure all teams get to enjoy a few games with the top two from each group progressing into the knockout stages and ultimately the final.

- Whilst it is 6-A-side you can have more than this in your squad to ensure people remain fresh, up to 12 allowed per squad, although if you have 13 we can be flexible.

- Spectators are more than welcome (no idiots obviously) as we want the event to be a family friendly environment and regardless of results people enjoying themselves.

- The tournament will run regardless of weather as the pitches we are using can easily with-stand rainy conditions.

- The event will obviously feature in a double page spread in our magazine the following week, might even stretch to three, all teams will receive copies of this issue, team photo’s will also be provided aswell as pictures being taken throughout the day.

- Post tournament we will have a presentation in the Bar area to the winning team and I’m currently working on getting other prizes for Golden Boot etc

- Costing of the day is $170 per squad, this covers venue hire, pitch hire, trophies, officials, equipment, prizes etc – the more people in the squad the cheaper it becomes.

Should you have any other questions then please do not hesitate to ask, also if you know of any Supporters Club who may be interested then please free to pass on my details and they’re more than welcome to get in touch.

If you want Supporters Club details just email me and I'll send you the relevant details. lee@tntdownunder.com

Archived