international migration organisation

Guest golden grahams

Guest golden grahams

Hi

i was wondering if any of the members had used the services of "International Organisation for Migration" (IOM), they have given us an unbelievable quote for flights and extra baggage allowence from london to melbourne?

Guest Jamie Smith
Hi

i was wondering if any of the members had used the services of "International Organisation for Migration" (IOM), they have given us an unbelievable quote for flights and extra baggage allowence from london to melbourne?

They are trading off the name of the Brussels based non-profit international research and government advisory bidy of that name, andh they do not offer travel servies.

The group you name might be frauds? Ask them why they use that name.

IOM - International Organization for Migration

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi

Hi there

IOM - International Organization for Migration

The above is the genuine International Organisation for Migration, which is something to do with the United Nations and is based in Geneva. They have told me that the only airlines they have deals with are the National Carriers - ie Qantas in this case.

The airlines are all desperate for passengers on the Europe to Oz routes. They are all running seat sales at present, plus I suspect they could be up against competition from Air Asia:

Welcome to AirAsia.com...now everyone can fly...

They do it as two separate flights: Stansted to KL and then KL to Melbourne. Apparently their First class is cheaper than everyone else's Cattle Class. Richard Branson owns a stake in Air Asia. I've heard from a lady who has used Air Asia several times between Perth and KL. She says they aren't bad but that is only a 6 hour leg. She & her OH use Air Asia first class, she says.

Qantas are undoubtedly competing with the rest for market share at present. So as long as the quote was genuinely from the UN-backed IOM, they can be trusted.

However there is also a scam around. The company calls itself the Australian Institute of Migration or AUSIOM. It is a racket, not approved by anyone, and don't touch AUSIOM with a barge pole unless you like giving money away to people you cannot trace.

There is a warning about the scammers on the real IOM website.

Cheers

Gill

Guest golden grahams

Hi thanks for the feedback, i got the link for the site straight from our official visa grant letter, so i am sure it is not a fraudiant scam.

the quote is with quantas, i will see if anyone comes on who has used them, and keep all posted

Archived