Anyone up for weekend drinks in Sydney sometime?

Guest chrisa

Guest chrisa

Hi all,

I arrived in Sydney a few weeks ago with my girlfriend, who is Australian. Although her friends have been very friendly and I get along wih them very well, I would really like to start meeting people myself. I've had a little look around the social occassions and it all seems to be anywhere else but Sydney.

If anyone fancies having some drinks somewhere in the Sydney area (I'm in North Sydney at the minute but will be moving to Annandale soon) then lets do it.

Hi Chrisa,

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm a pom and my bloke is an aussie. He had a ready made set of friends of family when we arrived, who are lovely and wonderful, but I understand it's nice to make your own friends.

Not sure how well you know your way around yet, but we're based in Newtown, which is inner west, a few stops from the city. It may be a bit far out for you, but if not, we'd be happy to meet you for a beer sometime.

Also, if you don't already have plans, you should come to this tomorrow:

Barmy Army Open Top Parade - Sydney Sat

Guest chrisa

Barmy Army looks great but I have to go to a house warming party.

Moving into my new place next weekend, so maybe we will look at doing something the following weekend or something. Lets play it by ear.

Guest emiliohodgo

Hi girls, sorry to jump in but could I come along too, I'm 24 and from yorkshire and met an aussie over here and staying for the foreseeable future but i can count the number of friends i have on one hand and wherever we go Tom bumps into someone he knows, i need more!! I'm away this weekend but if you're planning drinks next weekend I'd love to meet up, maybe friday somewhere in the city? Emily

Guest natali3

Hi girls

I'm another one, Aussie boyfriend, always out on the weekends with his mates. I get left at home. I had a life back in the UK and I miss it! I really miss my girlfriends. Would love to have a night out in the city. I'm going crazy and turning into an old nana on the weekends.

Guest emiliohodgo

I know it's so poo! All my friends and the only life I've known is in the UK and I hate being a third wheel following him and his friends around all the time!!

I'm making a decision for all of us and anyone else who is here and needs to meet more people is welcome! I say we meet in the city for cheap drinks at the world bar on friday night, it's an indie night so don't need to get especially dressed up just got down have a few, have some fun and meet some new people. If you don't like this plan let me know but I figure most people like indie... I'll be there at 8pm and anyones welcome!

Emily

Archived