Hi from Wynnum

Guest Farrizios

Hi Alison, Wynnum is about 20kms by road to the CBD. There is a train station that takes you right into the city. Just google Wynnum 4179 Qld and there are maps and things. My daughter lives in Manly and they love it there. We`ll be there for a visit at New Year to meet the new grandchild. Our visa will take around 2 years from now so we must be patient. Good luck with the move!

Do please excuse me, I just noticed that the original message was addressed to Rudi. I do apologise to you both for ploughing in there! Sorry.

Hi Rudi

How far is Wynum from the CBD by road? (is it possible also to travel in by train) I have read it is a 15 minute drive - is this true? me, my hubby and 6 year old daughter are moving to Brisbane in sept - I like the idea of bayside living but near city and hubby def doesn't want a long commute..any help, much appreciated. Alison

Hi Alison

Welcome to the forum. I have replied on your other threads.....but it seems like you might be having problems reading some replies so I will post here as well.

I don't think 15 mins would be a realistic expectation of getting into the city from Wynnum. It would be more like 25 - 30 mins on a good run. There is the train as well - it probably takes about the same amount of time.

There are many many people who commute from the Bayside area into the city and the Wynnum / Manly areas are probably the best compromise of being close to the water and commuting into the city.

Good luck with the move!

Love

Rudi

x

Archived