Introduction and query on 175?

jomark2oz

Hi all!

I have been a reader of this site for well over a yr now and thought it about time i introduced us! I'm Jo (28) a paediatric nurse and my partner Mark (37) an electrical engineer and i are planning to move to oz with our 2yr old william hopefully in the next 1-2yrs. We're unsure of what area we want to move to yet, going to visit Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide when we validate visas to finally decide!

We sold our house in march this yr, lodged our visa (175) on 30-06-09. Still not been assigned a CO although from what i've read this could take some time despite our migration agents telling us it should be within 4-6wks!

So has anyone got any realistic ideas as to when this could all happen?

Look forward to 'chatting' more with you over the coming months, be fab to get to know others in the same boat!

Jo

Guest mandisfam

Hi Jo and welcome,

I think they are issuing case officers on the 175's for those who submitted March 2009, so you could be in a few months wait yet. Unless of course they change the system again, even if they do, you would still be a priority application as I assume you have applied using your status as a nurse, which will always be high priority.

Maybe someone will be along soon with more up to date information.

Good luck

Mandisfam

Thanks for that. Yes i am the main applicant being a nurse. Fingers crossed they don't change things again. We're desperate to go out there for a trip but don't really see the point at the mo as may as well combine with a validation trip. Ho Hum patience and all that...............!

Jo

Guest Scamp1976

There are only 200000 visa's being granted each year. Usually within 1-2 months they are all "sold out" and you will be put on next year's batch. I wouldn't count on getting a 175 before August next year to be honest. You might get lucky though, it can go as quick as 8 months which means you could get it around december 2009 earliest. But they change the CSL all the time, if they do , it can take up to 3 years or more. It's terrible and an incredibly stressy time.

Good luck !

Archived