new in melbourne!!

Guest catty

just moved to south melbourne 2 months ago and so far so good getting on well. starting work soon and we are dying to meet new people. so just a BIG hello to everyone out there who has just moved. im a big chatterbox and cant wait to make a new circle of friends as im missing the chats:daydreaming:

Hi Catty, Living in South Mel too. Came over August 2007 Hope all goes well for you :cute:

hope your telling me thats your well settled!! where abouts are you?? Im in Bonbeach and i love the fact that i am minutes from the beach

Settled but have not made any friends since being here - finding that hard - living in Cheltenham :cute:

are you working?? do you have partner/family here with you? im here with my hubby who has lots of friends over here already. im sure its harder to establish friends here as alot of your friends from home you spent years getting to know them! well if you ever fancy meeting up im only down the road!!:biglaugh:

Is Bonbeach on the Nepean Highway ?

Hubby has lived in Oz since he was 4 - so I do have a ready made family here, I just miss my own mates.

I was working until July I quit my job (too many reasons), then I had my gallbladder removed, so I fit again now and actively looking for work !

Is Bonbeach on the Nepean Highway ?

Hubby has lived in Oz since he was 4 - so I do have a ready made family here, I just miss my own mates.

I was working until July I quit my job (too many reasons), then I had my gallbladder removed, so I fit again now and actively looking for work !

hey yes its on the Nepean. poor you you seem to have had a lot going on since july:sad: im not sure how to post a private message here but i will try and figure it out and we will arrange a meet up! if you feel up for it!

Guest ChrisAl1

I have just moved to Berwick and also finding hard to make new friends, so missing home at the moment. Would love to meet up with people for coffee and a chat!!!

Chris

hey catty

good woman, build up a circle of friends for me too will ya. You do know, by the way, that i'm considering you as a baby sitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they're so easy to mind, the three of them. so so easy.

hey catty

good woman, build up a circle of friends for me too will ya. You do know, by the way, that i'm considering you as a baby sitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they're so easy to mind, the three of them. so so easy.

hey you!!! babysitting duties i will get back to you on that..............sometime! well when do you come over? did you get a house sorted? where did you decide to live? how are you feeling about the move ? we are getting on grand the weather is so so a lot cooler than i thought it would be but apart from that it does not really bother me tooooo much! yes we're building a network of people here had a BBQ with our neighbours on sun and was great craic! Drank way too much and had a major headache on monday!! :frown:

hey not sure about my geography here where is Berwick? could look it up on google earth actually but anyways as you can see we're in Bonbeach?? are you here with family?

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Me and my better half moved to melbourne about a month ago so we too are looking for some new friends! We are moving to Brighton next week and I'm not working at the mo, so if anyone's at a loose end and fancies meeting up for a coffee give me a shout!

Kat

Hi there,

Me and my better half moved to melbourne about a month ago so we too are looking for some new friends! We are moving to Brighton next week and I'm not working at the mo, so if anyone's at a loose end and fancies meeting up for a coffee give me a shout!

Kat

im working during the week so sadly not available to meet up!:no:but hey thats what weekends are for....... so give a shout

Guest superslim09
I have just moved to Berwick and also finding hard to make new friends, so missing home at the moment. Would love to meet up with people for coffee and a chat!!!

Chris

Hi everyone

Chris, Am moving to Berwick/Pakenham but not till January - Are you working/Familiy etc. Whats' Berwick like?

im working during the week so sadly not available to meet up!:no:but hey thats what weekends are for....... so give a shout

Hi all,

I have just moved to Melbourne with my boyfriend 3 weeks ago and living in South Melbourne. He is working and I am job hunting at the moment and would like to meet some friends. I am free to meet up for coffee and a chat if anyone would like to :)

Di

Hi everyone welcome to Melbourne just a point though South Melbourne is a suburb itself so when you post that people think that you are up near the CBD as South Melbourne is not far away. Where you are living is South of Melbourne and you really need to post the suburb so others can see if they are near to you. For example Bon Beach is not near the city nor is Cheltenham whereas South Melbourne is.

Hope this helps because there are a lot of Brits around in the areas that you are interested in or living in and its much easier to meet up when you live close by in Melbourne.

Hi everyone welcome to Melbourne just a point though South Melbourne is a suburb itself so when you post that people think that you are up near the CBD as South Melbourne is not far away. Where you are living is South of Melbourne and you really need to post the suburb so others can see if they are near to you. For example Bon Beach is not near the city nor is Cheltenham whereas South Melbourne is.

Hope this helps because there are a lot of Brits around in the areas that you are interested in or living in and its much easier to meet up when you live close by in Melbourne.

Good point I always think of South Melb being around Mentone etc :cute:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest golden grahams

Hi

we are in Glen Waverley, desperate to meet people, anyone fancies meting up, we have 2 children, a girl 10, boy 9.

Archived