prospective marriage visa to spouse visa application

Smiler

Hi!

I am on the prospective marriage visa and my now hubby and I had a wonderful celebration in the UK followed by our reg office wedding in Oz. I will soon apply for the temp spouse visa - can anyone help me with what I will need to include in this application please? My health examinations and police checks were only done a few months ago when I was in the UK so, if I am right in thinking, they are well within under the 1 year validity. Can anyone confirm this and if so, how does it work? Do immigration just refer back to the health examination results and police checks that I did for the PM visa?

Any help will be much appreciated

Hi to any POI members that I chatted to in the past :)

Smiler

Congratulations on your marriage! :hug:

From what I've read, you just send on what you did before plus your marriage certificate (the official one not the one you get from the celebrant on the day) and evidence of your continuing relationship since you married. You won't need to obtain a new police certificate or health checks unless it's been a year or more since you had them.

Hi!

I am on the prospective marriage visa and my now hubby and I had a wonderful celebration in the UK followed by our reg office wedding in Oz. I will soon apply for the temp spouse visa - can anyone help me with what I will need to include in this application please? My health examinations and police checks were only done a few months ago when I was in the UK so, if I am right in thinking, they are well within under the 1 year validity. Can anyone confirm this and if so, how does it work? Do immigration just refer back to the health examination results and police checks that I did for the PM visa?

Any help will be much appreciated

Hi to any POI members that I chatted to in the past :)

Smiler

Hi, same position as yourselve, no the checks are valid for one year, so no need to re-submit, my temp spouse visa did'nt take long to come through, good luck :cute:

Thanks to both Happy Lass and Tearose :wink:

Great to hear back from you Happy Lass.

So the evidence that I submitted for the PMV (letters, cards, addressed to us both, photos, etc before we got the PMV) does not have to be submitted again? Is it only evidence since the PMV was granted that I should include as proof (wedding cards, photos of us at/since wedding, bills, etc)?

Congrats Tearose on getting the spouse visa so promptly.

Smiler

Hi Smiler,

they don't have access to the evidence you subm,itted earlier, so re-submit what you can (I scanned/photoed everything for the PMV, and just printed the files again...)

They asked for a copy of the grant letter for the PMV, too. (you would assume that if you have a valid PMV visa number, then it's obvious you had a grant letter, too...)

We had a very small wedding, but it still gave plenty of stuff I could use as evidence:

- I scanned the handwritten side of ALL the cards we received, which showed different handwritings and signatures of people who were aware of our marriage; photoed the outer side with my mobile, fitted them to A4 pages so that they were still readable when printed;

- Photoed all the gifts (not many, as we asked for no gifts actually) we got, "still packed" - so that it's obvious that its a gift, not just an object picked in the house...- and just unpacked...

- wedding photos, of course :)

- stat decs

- didn't have much in both names yet; so matched up things showing the same address for us from around the same time. Australian private health insurance bills/contract/travel insurance showing where you moved, job contracts, tax office notification after you apply for a tax file number, etc...can be handy;

- also, simple "postbox spam" addressed to you you may have received in Australia after signing up to customer cards in supermarkets or product samples (yey...)

Looking back, it was pretty easy in comparison to the PMV :) Good luck :)

Thanks Marcsi for the info. Will begin to put our application together in the next couple of weeks so it's great to have pointers of what to include for this application.

Hi Nadjez - won't be long until you're in Oz!! All the hard work has been worth it - not long til you will be with your man again x

Archived