Sunny Coast Drinks

Guest Darwin's coming too

Hi,

We've been in Mooloolaba for 6 weeks now and we're feeling a bit lonely. Everyone we've met in shops etc have been very friendly but we need a social event to look forward to.

Does anyone fancy a drink sometime, we're pretty harmless. Hubby (45) has just started work at a merc dealer in Noosa and I'm (40) still job hunting. No kids just the dog so can't really go to any play dates or yummy mummy meet ups that I've seen posted.

Any offers welcome,

Lisa :cool:

Hi

Can I just say a very big and heartfelt thank you to all the lovely people who sent me PM. It's wonderful to know that there are so many supportive people out there. I have replied to everyone individually sorry if the messages seem a bit rushed/short.

I'm going to suggest Saturday 17th October, 4pm at the bbq area at Mooloolaba Wharf infront of the Deck/Fish Market. That way people can bring their own grog/coffee, children can run around, dogs can run around and if people stay later we can get fish & chips for tea !

Lisa x

Guest lucygray29
Hi

Can I just say a very big and heartfelt thank you to all the lovely people who sent me PM. It's wonderful to know that there are so many supportive people out there. I have replied to everyone individually sorry if the messages seem a bit rushed/short.

I'm going to suggest Saturday 17th October' date=' 4pm at the bbq area at Mooloolaba Wharf infront of the Deck/Fish Market. That way people can bring their own grog/coffee, children can run around, dogs can run around and if people stay later we can get fish & chips for tea !

Lisa x[/quote']

Sounds good - hopefully make it along!

Lucy

Hi' date='

We've been in Mooloolaba for 6 weeks now and we're feeling a bit lonely. Everyone we've met in shops etc have been very friendly but we need a social event to look forward to.

Does anyone fancy a drink sometime, we're pretty harmless. Hubby (45) has just started work at a merc dealer in Noosa and I'm (40) still job hunting. No kids just the dog so can't really go to any play dates or yummy mummy meet ups that I've seen posted.

Any offers welcome,

Lisa :cool:[/quote']

Hi Lisa,

Glad you have made arrangements to meet some people.

I noticed you said your husband works in Noosa, where are you living then? I love Noosa but my husband will be working in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, so too far to commute.

Love,

Raych x

Hi Rachel

We're staying with Mark's sister and her boyfriend in Mooloolaba, we're planning on getting a rental at Peregian Springs when I get a job.

Lisa

Guest Chrissygirl
Hi Lisa,

Glad you have made arrangements to meet some people.

I noticed you said your husband works in Noosa, where are you living then? I love Noosa but my husband will be working in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, so too far to commute.

Love,

Raych x

Hi Raych,

Me and OH are driving up from Canberra on Oct 25th, will be staying in hotel for couple of weeks, then looking for permanent, hubby will be working at Pinkenba, so will be looking for permanent rental within 30 mins of there, perhaps I can call u when we get there. Looking for friends and socials, both in our mid 40s kids all grown up, but would love to meet up asap with anyone. keen golfers and sports mad hubby is FA soccer coach and golf psychologist, but will be working in Demolition ha ha . Look forward to meeting anyone asap with ideas for nice places to rent.

chrissy :jiggy:

Guest r17ych
Hi Raych,

Me and OH are driving up from Canberra on Oct 25th, will be staying in hotel for couple of weeks, then looking for permanent, hubby will be working at Pinkenba, so will be looking for permanent rental within 30 mins of there, perhaps I can call u when we get there. Looking for friends and socials, both in our mid 40s kids all grown up, but would love to meet up asap with anyone. keen golfers and sports mad hubby is FA soccer coach and golf psychologist, but will be working in Demolition ha ha . Look forward to meeting anyone asap with ideas for nice places to rent.

chrissy :jiggy:

Hi Chrissy,

I have sent you a private message.

Love,

Raych x

Hi Lisa,

Would have been great to join you, but we do not arrive in Oz until the 26th October!! Hopefully your first meeting will be the first of many!

It's lovely to hear that there are friendly people waiting to support you when you need it, we may need some in the future. We arrive in Peregian Springs on the 27th October, luckily we have friends to stay with for the first few months, but we too will be looking at renting in Peregian Springs.

I hope you get a job soon!!

I hope your get together goes well on the 17th!!

Cathyx

Hi

I'm going to suggest Saturday 17th October' date=' 4pm at the bbq area at Mooloolaba Wharf infront of the Deck/Fish Market. That way people can bring their own grog/coffee, children can run around, dogs can run around and if people stay later we can get fish & chips for tea !

Lisa x[/quote']

Hi Cathy & Paul

Thank you for the lovely post ! Have you been over here on a reccie ?

Peregian Springs is lovely, we really like the stretch between Maroochydore>Noosa less populated and more hinterland than between Caloundra>Mooloolaba. It's quieter around here now the school holidays are over.

Will PM you with my contact details.

Have a great flight

Lisa

x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Look forward to catching up with all you guys later. BYO drinks etc, will aim to get there for 3.30 to bag a picnic area

Lisa, Mark & Darwin x

Archived